Teammates from Little Rock make official visit

Teammates Michael Dyer and Dakota Mosley from Little Rock (Ark.) Christian Academy are taking official visits to Tennessee this weekend.

Dyer confirmed their trip to the News Sentinel via text message.

The 5-foot-9, 200-pound Dyer is ranked the third-best running back in the nation by Rivals.com and Scout.com.

Mosley is a 6-foot-4, 200-pound tight end.

UT has offered scholarships to both players.

Nine other players were expected to visit UT this weekend:

n Ken Adams, a 6-foot-5, 240-pound defensive end from Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Wesson, Miss.

n Demar Dorsey a 6-1, 175-pound defensive back from Boyd Anderson High in Lauderdale Lakes, Fla. He is commited to Florida.

n Chris Dunkley, a 5-10, 165-pound receiver from Pahokee (Fla.) High.

n Christian Jones, a 6-4, 220-pound linebacker from Lake Howell in Winter Park, Fla.

n Ted Meline, a 6-2, 170-pound receiver from North Miami (Fla.) High.

n Dequan Menzie, a 5-11, 200-pound cornerback from Copiah-Lincoln Community College.

n Corey Miller, a 6-4, 225-pound defensive end from Byrnes High in Duncan, S.C.

n Brandon Willis, a 6-4, 250-pound defensive end from Byrnes.

n Terrence Mitchell, a 5-10, 165-pound cornerback from Hillsborough High in Tampa.

n Brandon Willis, a 6-4, 250-pound defensive end from Byrnes.

Josh Ward is a freelance contributor.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

lowman4vols writes:

reel em in! we need at least one running back in this class!

tdvol1989 writes:

These guys are from the school where my kids go and wife teaches. Mosley has excellent hands and catches with them like Jason Whitten did, but he is not utilized as heavily as Dyer so he would be a sleeper signee since he does not have the billboard stats. I have been watching Dyer for 3yrs and I sure would like to see him in Orange. The yards this year have been hard to get with defenses all over him. But, he is a very physical runner with a 2nd gear that wows the fans. He can bang through traffic and then just take off.

Everyone knows by now that he is leaning HEAVILY toward Auburn and the rumor is he has made a silent commitment. But, he has never seen anything the likes of a Big night game in Neyland. Go Vols! Go Crowd! And, let's have some bonding with all the recruits there.

Greer_Vol_22 writes:

need a really good show tonight. Rumor has it that the kids from Byrnes, Willis and Miller, are not so sure about UT as some may have thought.

volstasis writes:

I thought that the Dyer kid, according to espn, is expected to commit to Auburn this coming Friday. Would love to see Kiff and O land this pair though.

Fall_Creek_Vols writes:

Rock n Roll.

If Kiffin has proven anything, it's that NOTHING is final until the ink is on the paper.

Go get 'em, Coach!

Mobbdeep4life writes:

in response to 1stAndGoal:

Exactly. The way UT is playing right now especially with the defense creating turnovers I think the DE's will be convinced they made the right decision.
Go Vols!!!!!

BSweet writes:

in response to Greer_Vol_22:

If that's true, I hope tonight sealed the deal. Also, if it's true, I wonder why so many kids are wavering? We've already lost two, and I've heard Ralph Williams is now a soft verbal. I trust this staff completely when it comes to recruiting, but hearing about all these kids reconsidering is worrisome.

As far as the RB goes, it would be a nice addition if he decided to come, but I can think of other positions we need more. Another QB, maybe 3 more o-linemen, a couple more LBs, a high school DT, a corner, maybe a safety, these are all positions I think more pressing than another RB. But I'm not an expert so I'll trust the coaches. However it shakes out, this class is important if we want to continue our climb back to the top of the SEC. NSD is going to be very big in determining how long that climb takes.

JonathanMorris writes:

in response to Greer_Vol_22:

Completely NOT TRUE. I talk to Corey all the time on Facebook.

this was our convo today

Corey Miller October 29 at 9:28pm
U kno ima be all over the recruitment this weekend man u aint gotta worry bout dat! ima work these guys
Jonathan Morris October 29 at 11:05pm
I heard Jeff Luc was leaning UT. I wonder if they gonna break out the black jerseys for halloween night?
Corey Miller October 31 at 5:52am
Who knows im in Knox now and im psyched

orangepridenation writes:

don't get me wrong here, i have the utmost confidence and faith in this staff to do the best recruiting job they can. but one thing that this program has always lacked, is good homegrown football players. i know tennessee HS football isn't exactly a perfect 10 when compared with the likes of florida, georgia, texas, ohio, pennsylvania, or california, but there's too many flip floppers out there. there's a ton of raw talent right here in our own back yard who would give a left finger to play for the vols, seems strange tennessee seems like the least popular state when it comes to UT recruiting. But anyway, at least we're stealing some away from the other states lol.
GO VOLS!!

JonathanMorris writes:

Just talked to Miller. His exact words were "everybody (the recruits at the game) lovin UT, espically Christan Jones". I suspect he will commit this week although Corey didn't go as far to say that

Pdiddy10 writes:

gosh! come on eric berry! get a freakin interception. come one! we are waiting! i didnt even c u make a tackle. much less get xlose to an interception. come one! get an interception for a TD!

mtnbikrtn writes:

Duncan, SC (James F. Byrnes High School) is in the upstate area of SC and isn't that far of a drive for family and friends to see these guys play. Was the rockslide in NC a recruiting ploy to keep the Byrnes players in the Palmetto State? I think the state of Tennessee needs to help NC clear the road. GO VOLS, GO BYRNES REBELS, come to Knoxville and win a championship.

volfan53 writes:

in response to orangepridenation:

GO VOLS!!

I agree in part to your post. I would love to see more homegrown talent. The flip side is I would rather see players from other states if it means getting to the championship. I love my state and my school but want to see us win more than being a place where the local talent can go if they don't want to go somewhere else. We have had too many of the talented in state players abandon us to go elsewhere so why should we be concerned about how many Tennessee high school players we have on the team. i always thought the idea was to get the best players we can for our team no matter where they come from. The players in our state that are talented enough to play for UT get offers and those that are not don't. It is that way with every major college. It is the only thing you can do to maintain a competitive program. If you want to complain to someone than complain to the high school system for not getting our players ready to be college ready talent. It all begins with natural ability anyway. If you have the ability you can be coached into a player that colleges will want. Without ability, great coaching can only take you so far. I had a lot of desire but not enough natural ability. I didn't develop until later in life. I got my sports glory later in life when I played on a top 5 nationally ranked softball team but, coming out of high school, I was an average player in all sports. What I am saying is you have to go where the talent is if you want to succeed.

ChattaVol1 writes:

in response to Pdiddy10:

Not sure what "come one" means!

hueypilot writes:

in response to Pdiddy10:

I'm no analysts like Tom Jackson or Lou Holtz, but wouldn't someone like Garcia have to throw a ball somewhere near Eric Berry for him to make and interception?

TennesseeGorilla writes:

Thats good that Dyer made the visit he is announcing his commitment this week, some say he was leaning toward Auburn but that had to have changed his mind! Go Vols!

bobbytodd writes:

in response to Pdiddy10:

Why worry about his stats? I think his life will turn out fine either way. W's are what count.

UT4ever writes:

Brandon Willis is coming 2x?? Wow, that is a true Halloween trick!! Try proofreading next time, u buffoons.....it works!! HOHOOHHOHO!!!!

pdhuff#552644 writes:

They should be convinced after last nite. I feel a whole lot better about this team and Crompton's zero picks was sweet.

Now let's murder Memphis.

in response to BSweet:

Bear in mind that, unless you live on national recruiting web sites, you are only hearing about when guys decommit from US. Believe me, this goes on all over the country, throughout the recruiting season, ending only on National Signing Day in February--for the most part; remember that we got Brown and Jackson AFTER NSD. As is usually the case for darn near everybody, darn near every year, we won't get everybody we want, but we WILL get our share. This staff won't let it be any other way.

in response to mtnbikrtn:

I'm all for that, since I'm on the wrong side of the slide from Tennessee! Gotta allow more time for the trip to my mother's house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bummer. Oh well! I hear that with a little luck the slide should be cleared by National Signing Day!

utallvol writes:

in response to Pdiddy10:

You should shut your trap. Because you no nothing about football. I hate stupid so called fans like you. Fans that come to the game and sit on there hands and talk tough on Sunday Morn. about things they have no clue about. E. Berry is having an All American type year Idiot. Besides did you see the Florida Game????

tennesseebee writes:

Brandon Willis from Byrnes must be really good -they listed him twice! Can anyone say number 1 recruiting class?