Four prospects to make official visits

Tennessee plans to host at least four official visitors this week for the UCLA game - three from talent-rich St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Defensive back Cody Riggs, the younger brother of former UT tailback Gerald Riggs Jr., tailback Giovanni Bernard and UT kicker commitment Michael Palardy are scheduled to be in town from St. Thomas Aquinas. They will be joined by receiver Kenny Stills from La Costa Canyon High School in Carlsbad, Calif.

Riggs is strongly considering Georgia and Florida along with UT. Bernard is reportedly scheduled to visit Oregon State and Notre Dame. Stills will reportedly visit Penn State, Oklahoma and Florida.

There could certainly be more prospects added to the visit list for this weekend, including offensive lineman T.J. Leifheit from Hoggard High School in Wilmington, N.C. Several unofficial visitors will be in town as well.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

justincredible369#357762 writes:

Reel em in coach K! WE BELIEVE

VAVol writes:

Let's get the best and be the best.

DrWitch writes:

DrWitch say time to sign only best. DrWitch say Vols make big win...get whoever they want. Bones never lie.

murrayvol writes:

Hope they enjoy their weekend as much as Tyler Bray.

Doyouwannasmackoprah writes:

in response to DrWitch:

Get a life dude. It wasn't funny when the first guy did it.

agilemobilehostile writes:

in response to DrWitch:

Perfect example of a buffoon who has no original thoughts or ideas. You are like the little dog on Looney Tunes running in circles saying "Hey Spike, Hey Spike, you wanna play, come on, come on, huh Spike." Maybe if your mother would have hugged you more and spent less time on the pole you wouldn't need so much attention. >:)

GreeneVol_TN writes:

in response to Doyouwannasmackoprah:

Get a life dude. It wasn't funny when the first guy did it.

Actually it is funny when the first guy does it, but copy cats do get old quick.

Mommasboy writes:

Shouldn't we have alot more prosepects visiting than 4? We're gaining alot of momentum and have a very good shot to win this weekend. This seems like an ideal game to bring recruits to.

Where are the big ugly offensive lineman at? We need O-lineman to block for Stephens and Brown.

DrWitch writes:

DrWitch say he very funny. DrWitch love to post on GoVolsXtra. DrWitch think everyone love posts. DrWitch feel bad for poster who think he no funny. Bones never lie.

jdcvols#230433 writes:

I know every game is big, but this one we need. Going 4-0 out of conference will set us up for a decent bowl game even if we go 4-4 in conference play. We need this game.

Coach_Joe writes:

in response to jdcvols#230433:

I agree 100%. I do believe we stand a good chance at going at least 5-3 in conference play. Beating one of either UF, Bama, UGA or Ole Miss.

If we beat Vandy and UK we should beat S. Carolina and Auburn. Then add one of the above. Again, I say hopefully!

Down_The_Field writes:

i was hoping that they would all be o-lineman with arms bigger than the one on mamma's soda box. but, a d-back, kicker, rb, and a wr will do just fine. i hear this kicker is a good one.

suggested questions for the recruits.

1. do you like bama jelly?
2. poweraide or gay-turd-aide?
3. do you get sick driving thru west end?
4. should wildcat hunting be a year round season?
5. does ROCKY TOP stir your soul!?

givehim6 writes:

Just looking at rivals, sence Bray committed the VOLS look just as good as most of the big SEC schools as far as 2010 commitments. UT hanging with the big boys, another top 10 recruiting class I think.

golfballs03 writes:

can we not find out who the unofficial visitors are?

TommyJack writes:

in response to Doyouwannasmackoprah:

Get a life dude. It wasn't funny when the first guy did it.

How dare you defame the legit Witchee?

jakethevolguy writes:

in response to Coach_Joe:

Judging from the past weekend performances, I believe we will beat UGA & Ole Miss. UF and Bammer are the two that will be hard to win this year. NOT impossibe but, not probable. But, then again, you never know!! GBO!!!

mbible1utk#324980 writes:

three four star players, and a five star. Kenny Stills would be a huge get, but he's not getting the attention here that Prater and Cobbs are getting. Not to mention that the USC, although only about two hours away, is probably not going to give him a look since they have the top two WR's in the country coming in.

Cldvols1 writes:

Come on down boys! Go Vols!!!

give_him_6 writes:

in response to DrWitch:

I got ur bone you idiot. You're about as funny as a case of hemroids

imw8n4u writes:

did you guys watch St. Thomas Aquinas take that team from Ohio behind the woodshed on espn a couple of weeks ago? Looked just like what happens when Ohio St plays against the SEC.

orngbluded writes:

Who are some of the unoffical visitors?

tdforvols writes:

Kenny Stills would be a great catch (no pun intended). He listed as a 5 star wide receiver, 6'1" and runs a 4.36 40. Check him out at: http://tennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=7&am... . These other guys visiting are highly rated as well.

Joevolsxtra writes:

in response to orngbluded:

Who are some of the unoffical visitors?

I'll be an unofficial visitor this weekend and probably you too if you go.

Gator_Hater (Inactive) writes:

Stills would be an awesome get, we gotta hang onto Palardy. I could care less about Riggs, we're loaded at db, or the running back. We lose Hardesty next year, but Toney Williams will be back from injury. Who we really need is Leifheit and some more big uglies.

Hounddog writes:

in response to DrWitch:

This is identity theft.

Let's play football. Hounddog

InertGas writes:

Come on in boys..the water's fine.

InertGas writes:

in response to DrWitch:

Get lost loser.

mbible1utk#324980 writes:

in response to marc_ash#231781:

I had a feeling going in that Georgia was going to have a down year, that's part of why I was thinking we can go 9-3, and they'd go 7-5 or maybe even worse. I don't see them beating Georgia Tech, Florida, LSU, or us... and the "it could get worse" include Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, and South Carolina.

panties4tebow writes:

Get em Smokey!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SanFranVol97 writes:

in response to Witch_Doctor:

Witch Doctor. You are the one and only Original Witch Doctor. Hysterical. Good job just ignoring the imposter. He is lame anyways. Everyone knows it. Most of the time I only read the posts for your Web Gems.

Hounddog writes:

Yea, Witch Doctor. The Hounddog seems to beleive the Doctor Witch had guys "chasing his tail". What else expalins somone so weak, and has no self confidence... he has to steal your act.

Now I say let's forget him and let him hang out somewhere ALONE; the rest of us should focus on the subject at hand. FOCUS, BEAT UCLA.

Let's play football. Hounddog.

TnScooby writes:

DrWitch = suggest removal...bones never lie

VolunteerLifer writes:

A place kicker with a really strong leg is a weapon. Palardy fills the bill and is important to hold.

We appear to me to be stocked at DB and WR, especially with commits we already have for 010, but the more the merrier, I guess.

We probably should sign one running back this year, but it doesn't appear to be urgent.

What we need are highly rated 1) OL's, 2) DT's, and 3) LB's. I'm confident we'll get em.

I see Nick Stephens as the starter next year to begin the season, and I think he'll do a good job. If Bray or another future qb commit can come in and take the job from him, more power to him.

DrWitch writes:

Some users consider this comment inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

DrWitch no get removed. DrWitch true witch doctor. DrWitch say he the one & only. DrWitch very angry. DrWitch say football more important than witch doctoring. DrWitch want more witch doctors on GoVolsXtra. DrWitch in touch with inner witch doctor. Bones never lie.

illinoisvolfan writes:

in response to Witch_Doctor:

WD, the sequel rarely surpasses the original. You are truly one of a kind. One question, though...Do the bones and the checkerboards ever get together?

illinoisvolfan writes:

Bring 'em out, bring 'em out. The more recruits at games, the greater interest in the program, and the quicker the return to greatness.

Go Big Orange, and put on a show for the recruits!!

jst4tdyvols writes:

in response to DrWitch:

POSER

Hounddog writes:

Everyone I just suggested removal on DRWITCH's last post. If all of us did that everytime she actually post. Maybe the KSN would get the hint and ban this youg girl.

Focus. Beat UCLA

Let's play football. Hounddog

txvolsfan writes:

in response to marc_ash#231781:

Marc,
I hate to say because I like the guy but I see Richt getting the Fulmer treatment if this year doesn't turn for him!!! What do you think, Do you see Ga. being happy with no championships and not really that close to one?
TXVOLSFAN

jhayes0926#638474 writes:

in response to jakethevolguy:

don't know how you see us beating the 6th rated team in the country (Miss.). Would be nice but I think we should wait until after this week to be so bold.

UT 38
UCLA 10

OhioVol3 writes:

in response to imw8n4u:

My dad DVR'd it for me and said the exact same thing. Too funny!

AceVentura writes:

in response to Doyouwannasmackoprah:

Get a life dude. It wasn't funny when the first guy did it.

I totally agree copying guys who weren't funny and using their name is just plain stupid. The worst ones are the people that take names from movies and use them as their name on here. That just makes me sick and it would take a low life pathetic moron to do such a thing. Get a life all of you copy cats.

jasonsvols writes:

in response to DrWitch:

please never post under this name again, there is only one witch doctor, and he may put a spell on your arse.

orangepridenation writes:

lets not get too ahead of ourselves here about beating top 10 teams. lets just focus on the tasks at hand. beat ucla..then we get to talk some sec action. however, i do believe 8 is the magic number for us this year, i looked at our schedule and saw at least 7 wins for us this year before we ever even played western kentucky, but i think we will be 8-4 by seasons end, which as someone said, should set us up for a nice bowl. ofcourse winning more than that would be fantastic, and deffinitely is not impossible, but i just want the kiffin era to start off with a solid winning season and i'll be plenty satisfied. go big orange!!

beat those baby blue bruins!

orangepridenation writes:

in response to AceVentura:

LOL

Major_Magilicutty writes:

in response to marc_ash#231781:

I really wish you'd come around here more often. Thanks for the info Marc.

UCFgradVOLatHEART writes:

I think this is the first time i have read a report about a kicker taking a visit. Do not get me wrong I know special teams are important. I just hope he is a good salesman and gets his team mates on board. GO VOLS!!!!!!

KiFFiNOMiCS writes:

in response to UCFgradVOLatHEART:

This kid's leg is sick....he can take as many visits to KnoxVegas as he wants....especially if he is going to bring his 4* & 5* friends with him!

Tennessee ----- 38