UT vs. Auburn to kickoff at 7:45 p.m. on ESPN

Tennessee has apparently proved it's ready for primetime.

After standing toe-to-toe with No. 1 Florida on Saturday, the Vols earned another date on national television next week. UT will host Auburn at 7:45 in a game set to be televised by ESPN.

The Vols are just 1-2 after dropping the 23-13 decision against the Gators, but they did show off one of the nation's best defenses and players in Eric Berry, adding to the marketability coach Lane Kiffin has been building.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

GahLee writes:

Cool, nationally televised game at home, Auburn had looked pretty good so far...just another chance to pull some recruits...Go Vols!!!

ut18vols writes:

sweet! i cant wait, I will be there section P row 11! Looking forward to a great night game!

bUTchVFL writes:

We have to find some offense. If we do, with our defense, we can beat these teams. I already love this staff. No disrespect to Fulmer & Co., but it is more apparent now than ever that a change was needed. Keep it up CLK. Go Vols!

tennesseeike writes:

in response to The_Four_Horsemen:

One game at a time my friend!! As much as I love the Vols I am not ready to put any game in the W catagory.
Ohio will be somewhat like we were going to gaytroid country. They are reall a decent team.
Let's not overlook them..
UT 24
Ohio 13

JSOLOMON31 writes:

This is another great opportunity to show the top recruits and the rest of the nation what Tennessee football is all about. GBO!!!

BrassMonkey writes:

Great! Paperview blows. Thanks ESPN!!

JSOLOMON31 writes:

Welcome back to Neyland Trooper! I love you as a coach but I don't think you're going to be jumping around on the sidelines two Saturday's from now.

RPBVolunteer writes:

The more exposure for Berry, the better

DrWitch writes:

DrWitch will be at football game. DrWitch make sign for ESPN. DrWitch say Vols will handle Auburn. Bones never lie.

RoadTrip writes:

in response to ut18vols:

Will be right behind and above you in row 51. Go Vols!

Laydbakvol writes:

Florida only beat us because Meyer rode Tebow like a rented mule. No offence to the "greatest player in the hisory of the game" but that game did nothing to help get Timmy get ready for the NFL.
Speaking of which. Did anyone ever get Eric Berry's parents jobs so he could play for another year?

mytrifecta writes:

Hopefully Stephens get's some meaningful snaps in the Ohio game in preparation for Auburn. We can't beat a good SEC team with Crompton. It's likely we can push around Vandy and Kentucky, run the ball 50 times and win. But Auburn, GA, AL, etc. are too good to let this happen. Give Stephens a chance! If he stinks it up worse than Crompton I'll be happy to eat my words...I just can't imagine how he could be less effective than JC.

tums writes:

Sweet. I love watching the Vols on TV. The Georgia game should be, Bama will be, SC and Ole miss should be. Excellent.

Mr_Brownstone writes:

TWO WORDS: MUST WIN!

govols26 writes:

Sweet!! More exposure = more recruits. Just gotta take care of business.

OldSmokey writes:

Cant wait!

OldSmokey writes:

Can't wait!

golfballs03 writes:

This might be the most important game of the season.

Fulton_Vol writes:

Don't we play Ohio next Saturday, not Auburn? The Auburn game is on October 3.

Cldvols1 writes:

That's awesome, can't wait to spoil Auburn's undefeated record! And I live here! LOL

Cldvols1 writes:

in response to listentothemusic:

Closet gayder!

jcvol writes:

I love the Witch Doctor. Too funny! One game at a time and things will work out. Great game in Florida.

joeaubie writes:

"Tennessee has apparently proved it's ready for primetime."

Yeah, that's why ESPN picked it (as I roll my eyes)

Bring it......

volfanforlife writes:

Cant wait but Chizik has that spread rollin but they have not seen a Monte caliber deffence, dont think they will score many on us but we have to give stephens a chance if crompton cant improve in a hurry i say
UT 24
AU 14
GO VOLS!!!!

DrWitch writes:

in response to jcvol:

DrWitch love you too. DrWitch love all Vol fans. DrWitch make great party to bring wins to K'town. Bones never lie.

Major_Magilicutty writes:

in response to JSOLOMON31:

We won't be able to show them anything other than what TN Defense is all about this year. GBO!

steelersman42 writes:

should be a great game. LOVE big primetime games in Neyland Stadium. love it. GO VOLS!!!

RebelVol writes:

Just to let yall know. As of yesterday, there were still tickets left for the Auburn game in multiple sections for face value. You can purchase them at uttix.com. Lets buy em up big orange fans and pack the house. Also, for those who will be there stand up, be loud, and no booing please. Go Vols!

ncvol17 writes:

Bummer, I only like late night games if I am not going to be there.. I'm going to be there...Oh well, late night visit to Krystal.

cmoore7 writes:

Huge Game! We really owe Auburn a butt-kicking.

TotalPackage1 writes:

If the Ohio game is a blowout and Stephens does not get to play, he leaves.

SmokeyHound writes:

worry about ohio - i think we all know why

cough cough whyoming - cough cough UCLA

y9since80 writes:

in response to marc_ash#231781:

always enjoy your posts marc. any recruiting news?

SECrules writes:

So excited about a 1-2 team. How will it be after UT is 0-4 in sec play after playing UF, AU, UGA and Bama. But maybe UT will beat USC, Vandy and KY.

RockyTopVolFan writes:

GO VOLS!

xliveitup writes:

Auburn has been playing exceptional football, but this UT team will be ready by then.

Razzle writes:

in response to SmokeyHound:

worry about ohio - i think we all know why

cough cough whyoming - cough cough UCLA

That's what I'm saying.

volbald writes:

Without a "fair to middlen" QB we can't beat Auburn, UGA, Ole Miss, S.C. or Ala. If we had just an average QB we'd be undefeated and ranked #2 in the nation. Really too bad that Fulmer let QB recruting fall off the cliff. The rest of the team is top notch and the coaching is marvelous. But having a real QB is a must in the SEC. I'm afraid it's still going to be a painful season.

austinvols90194 writes:

thank you lord im a teen from nebraska and i only get to come in for one game a year looks like i made a good choice to come in for this game

licknpromise777#651578 writes:

in response to golfballs03:

This might be the most important game of the season.

I tend to agree; These programs are running parallel to each other;Auburn is playing with confidence and have some decent recievers;Unlike Crompton ; Todd has progressed and is playing well..If we don't find some passing offense by then the Vols could lose a second straight SEC game which won't bode well going up against GA who is lighting up the scoreboard...If only are defense could average 14 points a game!!

tums writes:

in response to SECrules:

You're quite retarded to believe that this is the exact same team as last year that would lose to Wyoming right after Fulmer's "retirement" is announced.

VOLKING writes:

in response to joeaubie:

"Tennessee has apparently proved it's ready for primetime."

Yeah, that's why ESPN picked it (as I roll my eyes)

Bring it......

Oh, yeah. They sure didn't pick it for the national powerhouse known as the second best team in AL. Ratings sure skyrocket every time the tiggers are on. Rolling my eyes.

pdhuff#552644 writes:

Nice exposure, but Ohio....

Period.