Berry, Williams invited to New York for NFL draft

Most mock drafts have Eric Berry and Dan Williams safely in the first round.

So when the NFL's real thing starts next week in New York City, the former Tennessee stars are officially invited to be on hand to take part in the festivities.

Berry, the No. 1 defensive back in the class, was a lock to earn a spot in the now three-day event given his status as a possible top-five pick. And as Williams has steadily climbed draft boards likely into the middle of the first round, a reservation for him was also expected.

They'll join 14 other prospects who have accepted their invitations for the prime-time event on ESPN on April 22, including presumed No. 1 selection Sam Bradford of Oklahoma and the two defensive tackles ahead of Williams in the rankings - Ndamukong Suh of Nebraska and Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2010, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

bigorangetrain writes:

Eric and Dan go make all of us proud!!

tnsportsman writes:

Good job Eric and Dan, you should be there as 2 of the TOP Players in the draft! Good news!

GO VOLS!

voloffaith writes:

Do you think eSpN will show live pictures of our VOL players? Will they again show their bias by putting our young men in a bad light? Both worked hard and as best I know never took a down off when they were on the field. Bright lights, big city here comes some great VOLS!!!

nocleats writes:

Good Job Eric and Dan.
On a totally non-related note, Can we begin a drive to take the Whoooo cheer out of the song "Rocky Top", and replace it with a loud "GO VOLS!!"?

V_O_L_S_GO_VOLS_GO writes:

Couldn't be any prouder. These guys represent what it means to be a VOL!!! GO BIG FREAKIN' ORANGE!!!

TommyJack writes:

Man, with that shoulder I can't see Bradford getting all that guaranteed #1 money.

tnvoice#278189 writes:

in response to nocleats:

Good Job Eric and Dan.

I have nothing against the "Whoop" but I like your idea of replacing it with "Go Vols". Let's get the word out and see how many agree at the UT Martin and Oregon games at Neyland... Then bring it on hard and strong for Florida. It's another step (as if we needed any) towards tying "Rocky Top with our beloved "Vols".

nocleats writes:

in response to tnvoice#278189:

Then join me in politely posting this suggestion on all things vols. also tell your friends, but where it really would gain acceptance and acceleration is with the Students and Band.

murrayvol writes:

in response to TommyJack:

Me neither but you can bet a whole cadre of Docs have studied that hinge.

AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons writes:

How many bammers in that 16 that was invited FARRAGUT0406??

That was the purpose of my posts like 2 weeks ago.

I said UT would have more 1st rounders than national champions would. Right now bama has 1 projected.

AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons writes:

About the "wooo" in Rocky Top....

I videotaped every game on TV since 1989 and a couple of years ago converted them to DVDs. I noticed toward the end of 1996 you could start to hear faint "woos" in the song and by 1997 it was loud and distinct. I am with you. The "woooo" needs to go the way of Nick Stephens and get on outta here! I'll join a protest I hate it so much.

UTVOLSRROCKN writes:

in response to tweetdriver63#346474:

Great idea, nocleats! Thanks for putting it on FB tweetdriver...fixing to join! GBO!!!!!

mrvol2u writes:

Big Dan is the man!! Mr. Berry not to shabby either!

Thanks for the memories and big hits. Wear orange blazers on the stage. I bet Pearl can help you find a couple.

jimr07 writes:

in response to voloffaith:

Solution: Watch the NFL channel.

235lbVol writes:

in response to RichRollin:

I seen the one with Dan going 12th to Miami, I also seen either Kiper or McShay had him going like 6th or 7th, just right behind Berry 5th going to Kansas City. 9 more days these young men will have millions and be set for life, what I'd give just to have $250,000 to pay off my morgage. BUT, I'm still very very happy for them! I hope there smart with this wealth, and keep God 1st,then EVERYTHING will always be great.

etennguy writes:

in response to tweetdriver63#346474:

Forgetaboutit. Go Vols sounds like high school. Come up with something better.

givehim6 writes:

in response to RichRollin:

I know neither will end up as Titans but I hope Berry or Dan do not end up playing in FL.

illinoisvolfan writes:

in response to nocleats:

Good Job Eric and Dan.

Excellent idea, nocleats. I'm just mad that I didn't think of it myself.

Does the band traditionally play at the Orange and White Game? If they do, this would be an excellent opportunity to put this into practice before the fall.

Go Vols!!

illinoisvolfan writes:

So can we assume Tebow did not receive an invitation to New York City this time? Poor Cinderella.