Lane Kiffin: 'We should have won more games'

LOS ANGELES -Southern Cal coach Lane Kiffin said Wednesday he would retain his entire coaching staff for next season despite the Trojans' 7-5 season.

"We're not going to make coaching changes," Kiffin said. "We're in our first year. I've got to remind myself of that. We should have won more games. You usually show more improvement from your first to second season."

Kiffin said he would hire the best coaching staff in the country when he became USC's coach and hired his father, defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, and defensive line coach Ed Orgeron as two of his highest-profile moves.

"Definitely (everyone will be back)," he said.

Continue reading at The Press Telegram.

SuperVolsFanRay writes:

I do not care.

wazzya69vol writes:

Why is this even on here---who in the h*** cares!!

totoiv writes:

He is an average coach but a good recruiter (I'll painfully give him that). He only has 3.5 years of head coaching experince. That is not much for big time programs. I felt he should have won the UCLA and the Bama game here. So, he has a pattern of underacheiving.

ClassicVol (Inactive) writes:

KNS just roll over and kiss Lane goodnight and leave us out of it.

tennvolsman19651965 writes:

I dont know who thinks that The Vol Nation gives a phooey about Lane Kiffin anymore. He is a snake and we are better off without him. Please quit posting Kiffin stuff on our VOLUNTEERS sight! Just let him go!

Greyfeathers writes:

Kiffin would have had us 9-3 this year. You rednecks just can't stand it that he went to a more storied program than UT. Eat your hearts out...LOL

budd#207344 writes:

To all the posters complaining about this article. Is someone holding a gun to your head? Do you normally read every article in the paper? If you do not want to hear about the Kiffster then don't read the article. It is plainly marked as about him. I think you are like the woman who was scared by a naked man but couldn't remember his face.

pvvol writes:

Who is Lane Kiffin?

pvvol writes:

in response to Greyfeathers:

Hahaha....OK.

tn_rockytop writes:

dont care

easleychuck writes:

Boo lucking hoo.

RussellP (Inactive) writes:

7-5 at USC. Karma is a b*tch

nextyear writes:

Please STOP with the Lame Kitten stories.

andrews#1389072 writes:

in response to Greyfeathers:

We didn't run the POS off he left of his own accord. It would also be fun to hear you take a 7 and 5 season and explain how that would have translated to a 9 and 3 if he had stayed at Tennessee. Storied program my arse!

Volunatic writes:

He needs a new defensive coordinator.

Volunatic writes:

in response to Greyfeathers:

"Us"? Are you saying kiffin was considered for the uf job during meyer's 2-day "retirement"?

Volunatic writes:

in response to RussellP:

7-5 at USC. Karma is a b*tch

They still have to play UCLA. I think the Bruins are going to win.

spencer1989#206886 writes:

in response to Greyfeathers:

Based on what? USC should have a much better record and they don't. And.... their record is 7-5 (for a team loaded with talent and depth). After the UCLA game, they could be 7 - 6....A real familiar record for him. I just don't see the greatness (but a lot of jive and talk) in this jerk (Lameo). I will take this years VOLS and coaching staff over any team he has had or will have.

usnavyvol writes:

I will give credit where it is due, when CLK was hired as our coach he excited our fan base after a few years of being stale and boring. He left on his own to his dream job, how can one complain about that? As a program we have a new HC and my initial look and feel is that UT is headed in the right direction to be a major player once again. I'm gald we have CDD as our coach, he want's to be here and understands what this team and university means to us as a fan base. As an alumi and fan I will support him and his staff and always hope that the days ahead are great for all our sports programs.

budd#207344 writes:

in response to usnavyvol:

Sir, Please understand that rational thinking is not allowed on internet web sites. Are you trying to cause a riot? Or actually discuss things? Please amend your ways

BustaRhymes writes:

So UT isn't going to be USC East... but the KNS apparently still aspires to be the LA Times East (or would that be the "Born in East LA Times?").

What was little Lame's regular season record at UT... 7-5... what was his first year record at USC... 7-5... only USC had more talent and plays in a weaker conference... right???? Hmmmmm.... perhaps there's a common denominator here.

I just hope Coach DD wins his bowl... and ends up with the SAME record as Little Boy Kiff.

GO VOLS!

brush#220070 writes:

in response to usnavyvol:

I agree usnavyvol,I too am an alumni and support our new HC and Staff
a bit of topic-to you my friend if you are active duty now Thank you for your Service-my Son is stationed on the Big E currently
God Speed & God Bless-Merry Christmas too!
Go Vols!

cbbowlingmd writes:

volsfan74 writes:

Do we cover UCLA, Cal, San Jose St or any other school in California? No so please stop reporting USC we could care less, Vols fans and players have moved on so KNS try and do the same.

Colliervol writes:

in response to Greyfeathers:

Clueless Post of the Day.

Also a note to the staff: Come on guys. Enough is enough. There are just so many ways that we can say that the clown is a slimeball or a dipwad. Everybody knows it's the case so why make us beat a dead horse? You've placed Lame in the Majors category now. Drag him out of the closet when it's a slow news day or you're just too lazy to do some reporting on something of interest. Time to give it a rest.

But having said that, I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his shorts and Layla's Gucci. (Shoes that is.)

OrangePride writes:

in response to Greyfeathers:

Oh really? Then how come he didn't have a 9-3 year at "storied" USC? They had more athletes. They had a weaker schedule. They had Lame and Monte and all the good guys. But lets see....mmmmm 5 (count em) losses so far. Could be 6 this weekend. Why might anyone eat their heart out over that kind of coaching record? So no.....at this point, our hearts are doing nothing but rejoicing over Kiffen at USC. The only thing "lazy" here is your logic and thinking.

rockytopatl writes:

in response to budd#207344:

Thank you!! It is refreshing to see a post from someone who is not an idiot.

Colliervol writes:

in response to OrangePride:

No doubt. USC only wished they had seen 9 wins this year. Because they won't sniff that again for a long time. As noted before, when the scholly reductions kick in and they are playing with 60 warm bodies, it will get ugly. Just ask the Bammers if scholarship reductions hurt. They know first hand.

As far as the lazy one's prognostication, who did he think we were going to beat this year? We could have had Bear Bryant and Vince Lombardi tag teaming and we weren't beating Florida, Oregon, Alabama, South Carolina or Georgia. LSU was the only one that was a woulda, coulda, shoulda and there are no guarantees that LameO would have had us any closer to a win than Dooley did.

OrangePride writes:

in response to Colliervol:

Exactly, Colliervol. The job Dooley and this staff did was as good as any staff in the SEC could have done. We should really have beaten LSU (we did in reg time, they needed the extra play to win)which would have left us at 7-5. Who the heck could have done more? Not Kiffin, that's for sure. And that program at USC is goin nowhere but downhill over the next 3 years. Better yet, I don't think Kiffen will survive a losing season out there. He will soon find leaving the VOLS was real dumb move. Happily, USC's loss is our gain! Gotta luv our VOLS!

HartfordCTvol writes:

OK...OK...I represent the guilty, shameless segment of the UT nation. Kiffin stories are always listed on the "most read" column here so I'm not alone. People it's called schadenfreude. And I am guilty as sin. I for one love reading the stories about the guy because they always make him look like a schmuck. I don't even think they write positive stories about the guy in LA for that matter! I didn't care about the USC Notre Dame game as far as I could spit but when I saw the score of the final minutes go across the ticker I had to change it to that game just so I could see the look on Lane's face. And you know what? It was worth it. As I looked at him writhe I realized something. His expression wasn't synonymous with the normal fire I've come to appreciate from coaches throughout the years. There was nothing coach-like about the guy. The best way I could describe the look would be a bratty, spoiled child who had stolen everyone's Halloween candy only to come home the next day and find that the dog had eaten it all. I realized that Lane has become a caricature of himself. I don't know. Maybe I need to get a life. Sorry people but as far as I'm concerned keep the tabloid fodder on the guy coming. I'll read it.

p66ayers#1376155 writes:

Hows Layla? She is my favorite Kiffin!

Ibleedorangeforlife writes:

I could careless about kiffin, the only thind i want posted are the day he sneaks out to avoid being fired or when they lose every game . Then I will celebrate with rasising my ole buddy Jack.
fu-- Kiffin .

VolfanClinton writes:

in response to pvvol:

Who is Lane Kiffin?

One of the most exciting coaches in the game today...Our program had better recruits and played better under him...that is who he is !!

pvvol writes: