North Carolina loses two for Music City Bowl

Photo with no caption
  • What: Tennessee vs. North Carolina at the Music City Bowl
  • When: Thursday, Dec. 30, 2010, 6:30 p.m.
  • Where: LP Field
  • Cost: Not available
  • Age limit: All ages
Full event details »

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - North Carolina has lost starting linebacker Bruce Carter and starting offensive lineman Alan Pelc for the Music City Bowl against Tennessee.

Carter had surgery for a torn left anterior cruciate ligament Tuesday. Carter was hurt against North Carolina State on Nov. 20, but team spokesman Kevin Best says doctors continued to evaluate him before deciding on surgery.

Carter was one of six players who returned for their senior seasons instead of entering the NFL draft. He was a finalist for this year’s Butkus Award, presented to the nation’s top linebacker.

Pelc had surgery Monday on his left shoulder, which sidelined the senior for one game. Pelc started 34 games in his career.

jmatt62 writes:

Hate to say it, but this is good news for Vol fans.

PUL4VOLS writes:

Sorry for those guys but agree with jmatt62. It can't hurt for two of their top players to be out of the bowl game. I hope we take it to the Heels and at least have that as consolation for not facing them next year. GO VOLS!

ETownVol writes:

I'd rather have those guys playing in the bowl game then there would be two less excuses when we beat them.

RoadTrip writes:

in response to back2z1:

Penn State won't need all of theirs either.

John_10065 writes:

in response to ETownVol:

Amen

Volchief writes:

in response to back2z1:

I'd be worried about Penn St. if I was you and not be so concerned with the Vols. Personally, I hope that JoePa spanks that lil' Urban arse on Meyer's way out the door and reminds him why coaching got to be a little to much for him to handle, while Paterno's been at it for 44+ years. Nothing really against Urban Meyer, just entirely too much against the Gators and fans like you. I actually have friends that are Florida fans and I have a mutual respect for them. You, my friend, are a different breed as you hide behind that keyboard in your basement and try so very hard to be the most obnoxious human being one can imagine. It's amazing how quick you are to post comments on a Vols website. Truly amazing. Even more hilarious was how you were talking smack to a Seminole fan on here the other day. I found myself wondering how in the hell a Gator and a Seminole could get into a war of words on a Tennessee Volunteer website. Again, truly amazing. Good luck with Penn St. lil' man.

nocleats writes:

Heres to hoping the Vols are healthy, and in good shape grade wise.

vol88 writes:

in response to back2z1:

And you won't need that trojan.

SWVA_RockyTopVol writes:

in response to Volchief:

What's even more hilarious is that you let someone behind a keyboard get you that worked up over a little trash talk. You must not be too bright considering he just wants a reaction and your willing to give it to him in every post. Chill out and grow up my dude.

lomas98 writes:

Now that grades are official, I wonder if TN will be without anybody? Every year players don't make the grades and are not eligible for the bowl game. I'm sure NC will have some as well

OrangePsyched writes:

After losing to Joe Pa, Florida will have lost 3 out of the last 4. The Big Orange after beating UNC will be on a 5 game winning streak...the longest in the SEC East. Finally the world is righting itself again.

Voluvr writes:

Okay, and we're going with our backup Frosh QB!

bobbytodd writes:

in response to back2z1:

That is because everybody in Florida is old and needs a single floor home.

volsbandit writes:

in response to RoadTrip:

Penn State won't need all of theirs either.

Neither will Michigan State.

OrangeinCarolina2 writes:

in response to back2z1:

There might not be any basements in Florida but Florida is certainly going to be in the basement for the next few years. Gators in the sewer lines-hope the smell doesn't offend the tu-rds. GO VOLS!

mikethehistorystudent writes:

Next year UT will whoop the Gay-Goaters in the swamp. UT: 27, UF: 10, Brantley throw two interceptions and fumble once.

ClarksvilleVols42 writes:

in response to back2z1:

ZZ youre so right..trailers dont have basements

volfan537240 writes:

in response to ClarksvilleVols42:

ZZ youre so right..trailers dont have basements

hahaha thats awsome! but yeah injuries happen. thats a part of the game. losers make excuses anyway whether they have injury problems or not.

Madkels writes:

in response to bobbytodd:

That is because everybody in Florida is old and needs a single floor home.

Correct. Double wides don't have basements.

gnm53108 writes:

Good luck on your recovery mr Carter and mr Pelc...but your team is going down.

gnm53108 writes:

in response to Madkels:

Correct. Double wides don't have basements.

Trailers and swamps...do they have to put em on those sticks or do they float?

Orange_Juiced writes:

in response to Voluvr:

Okay, and we're going with our backup Frosh QB!

...and backups at DE and DT and...

Colliervol writes:

in response to vol88:

And you won't need that trojan.

His daddy should have used one.

erst456 writes:

in response to Volchief:

THANKS CHIEF, AND ALWAYS, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.

BAFO writes:

in response to back2z1:

I agree. Neither LB's and OL's can't/don't cover UT's receivers anyway.