Tauren Poole wants 6 yards in a cloud of must

Tennessee tail back Tauren Poole (28) breaks free on a run during the second half Saturday, Nov. 27, 2010 in Neyland Stadium in Knoxville. Tennessee beat Kentucky 24-14.

Photo by Michael Patrick

• What: Tennessee vs. North Carolina at the Music City Bowl
  • When: Thursday, Dec. 30, 2010, 6:30 p.m.
  • Where: LP Field
  • Cost: Not available
  • Age limit: All ages
Full event details »

NASHVILLE -- With all major college football programs now playing 12-game regular seasons, bowl games counting toward statistics and some teams playing 14 games, rushing for 1,000 yards may not mean as much to some.

It still means a lot to University of Tennessee junior Tauren Poole, who is 6 yards away from becoming the 16th 1,000-yard rusher in Volunteers history.

"Man, I'd love to get to 1,000 yards," Poole said after Monday's Music City Bowl practice. "Hopefully I can get it. It's just 6 yards. Hopefully I don't get any first-quarter injuries or nothing.

"I'm going for it on the first carry I get."

Continue reading at the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

jwill33 writes:

I think that it is a great accomplishment to have a 1000 yard rusher on this team considering the lack of depth on the offensive line! The offensive line really hung in there this year and with a year in the weight room and some improvement, Poole has to be happy about what next year could hold. Hopefully we get a little depth on the line too! Go Vols!

volfan8#549730 writes:

in response to TennVolAlum:

I 2nd that motion! Go Vols!

volhitman writes:

Get your six!! Next year 1500 could be possible.

md1542 writes:

Imagine how many total yards he would have now if he hadn't gotten screwed by last years coach (I won't mention names).

volzcrushm writes:

I have two tickets to the MCB at 50 yard line... sec.335, row T, seats 3 & 4. I'm at wejrowland at hot mail dot com.

SavTnVol writes:

in response to md1542:

My thoughts exactly. Tauren, I don't care if you get the grand or not, because you are the best my man. I don't need to know about all those yards to remember you and how you came thru the screwing from the past pierce. BTW, I don't miss Bryce Brown what so ever.

orangeman1 writes:

He has another season too doesnt he? He just needs to go out and do what it takes to beat NC. He needs to have a good senior season to be considered among one of UT's great backs, but he has done a good job and hung in there when things were tough though.

gohawks1 writes:

Something to think about..... if the Vols beat the Tar Heels and the gators lose to Penn St., the two teams will have the same record this season. That makes me smile just considering the possibility.

appalachianvol writes:

Give him the BALL!

CoastGuardVol writes:

Lets get em Tauren!!! You have been a fighter all season, so no matter the outcome thanks for the season. You are the man. I cant wait to see you break a long one and go LOCO in the endzone! GO VOLS!!!!!

CarlChilders writes:

No problem. You deserve it, Tauren.

CarlChilders writes:

I almost forgot, "give him six". Has UT ever had a 1000+ rusher for 2 years in a row? I know Johnnie Jones did it, maybe Travis Stephens and Henry.

utfan36 writes:

good luck tp get the 6 and more! would love to see you in the record books as ut all time rusher! travis henry holds it now i think? but i may be wrong

dirty_don writes:

Travis Henry hold the record for most children by different women.

volsoutwest writes:

in response to md1542:

Agree. Would have loved to seen the tandem of Hardesty and Poole. No way Brown should have been playing in front of Poole.

mtowntim writes:

C'mon Poole, take sixty on the first play!

Ayres_Hall writes:

1,000 yards was impressive when the season was 10 games. Not so now.

But still, Poole played on a sorry offense which only had a few good games. And, I don't remember anything being easy for him. His work ethic and positive attitude have been great and let's hope the young guys are watching and learning.

Tauren, your BIG TIME will come.

pdhuff#552644 writes:

in response to dirty_don:

Travis Henry hold the record for most children by different women.

Shame he couldn't have hooked up with Octomom in California.

Back on topic, letting a 1000 yd rusher ride the pines in 2009 was a crime.

jimr07 writes:

in response to dirty_don:

Travis Henry hold the record for most children by different women.

that is right in line with the subject which is tauren poole.

dirty_don writes:

in response to jimr07:

that is right in line with the subject which is tauren poole.

It was a response to the post above mine. meant to be funny. lighten up Francis

Ga_Dave writes:

Go get that 6 and 200 more, big TP. I'm back guys, had internet problems, GBO

tnsportsman writes:

Go get your 1,000 TP in the Music City, then add another 150 yards more! Hit the hole hard going North and South, with your speed you will gain many more yards!

Battle of the Bamds tomorrow night, NO CONTEST The Pride Of The Southland is the best! VOLS GO WIN THIS GAME!

GO VOLS, BEAT NC!

huntined#565710 writes:

Rivals has Worley on front page today..

tnbigg writes:

Would love to see him rumble for 200 + yards in this game.

AFVolsChick writes:

I hope that while sitting in the stands tomorrow night, on his first run, I see and hear "TAUREN POOLE BREAKS THROUGH, HE'S RUNNING, HE'S GONE LADIES & GENTLEMEN... TOUCHDOWN TENNESSEE!! GIVE HIM 6 AND HE'LL GIVE YOU 1,000!!!!" GO BIG ORANGE!!!