John Brown

John Brown signs with UT

John Brown - Signed Feb. 3, 2010

John Brown - Signed Feb. 3, 2010

John Brown

Defensive Lineman, 6-2, 285

Lakeland, Fla. (Northeast Mississippi CC)

Prospect Rankings

Rivals: 4-star

Scout.com: 4-star

Honors: Rated as the No. 33 overall junior college prospect in the nation by Rivals.com ... Ranked as a five-star prospect by Scout.com as a high school senior in 2007 … Rated state’s No. 1 prospect by FlaVarsity.com … Twice named to Florida Class 5A All-Star first team.

Stats: Paced Northeast Mississippi Community College with 80 total tackles in 2009 … 45 of those tackles were solos, with 35 assists … Also added 3.5 sacks in 2009 … Finished senior year at Lakeland High School with more than 80 tackles, including 18 for lost yardage and eight sacks.

Misc: Originally signed with Florida in 2007 after helping Lakeland to its third straight Class 5A state championship

Related Links

1bigutfan writes:

Finally! We still have space for a few more.

OMEN1618 writes:

Keep em comin! GO VOLS!!

licknpromise777#651578 writes:

Personally I like a JUCO signing on defense; Brown played at Lakeland (a state powerhouse) and had 45 solo tackles at NEMCC..This takes the sting out of missing Copeland

VOLinCO writes:

So, he and D. Rogers are tied for that #33 juco spot?

LOL

1bigutfan writes:

in response to long_vol:

I hope not. We still have room for a few more.

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to 1bigutfan:

I hope not. We still have room for a few more.

It's done..no more to recruit.
KNS can we move to coaching and the spring game.
KNS would you forget Kiffin

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to long_vol:

I think that was Chaney and Thompson that did a share of the lining up and we still have them working.

Thankvol writes:

"It's done..no more to recruit."

Chaz Green a Rivals 4 star OT at 6'6" 290lbs. and
Ralph Williams a 3 star LB at 6'1" 220lbs are still out there.

GREAT JOB COACH!

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to ehawkins32#429287:

No I think in the future. Spring game in two months and stories about the new coaches moving toward that game. Even if it's just what goes on in the weight room. I'm sick of the slime ball classless Kiffin stories

all_vols writes:

in response to long_vol:

Can't get'em all.......Kiffin gone, stole Rogers and STONE is where he should be...in Orange & White! Stone will be a difference maker as will our new HC. Sounds like a good day to be a VOLUNTEER.

OrangePsyched writes:

ESPN just reported that Wilcox is hired, on plane to Knoxville for meetngreet. Should be here in about 30 minutes according to ESPN. Welcome Coach...this has been an awesome day. ROCKY TOP!

dgcarter43 writes:

The biggest surprise to me is that a player like Calvin Smith chooses New Mexico over Tennessee. What is the story with the the OL Glass?

volsnationalchamps writes:

Sounds like a good get. Exactly what we need is some D Line ready to play. Great class today, have to give it to Dooley and staff. Only thing glaring I see is D line misses. Copeland definitly hurts as well as Stanley. Brandon Willis sure would have been nice as well. Those three could have feeled out great class and needs. All and all though Dooley great job. GO BIG ORANGE!!!

seaplane#216536 writes:

This kid is real good. I'm from Lakeland and got to watch him play for 3 years in high school. He was a monster on the defensive line. Nobody could stop him. Glad he's on our side.

ZacharyUTK writes:

beast!

xvillefan writes:

Lets hope John Brown has decided to mature. Florida fans report he never showed up at Florida in the class room or the practice field.

gwbask writes:

A great add for the Vols! Welcome to Tennessee Mr. Brown. Have a super career and get a good education.

dahc writes:

Welcome to Tennessee Mr. Brown. I hope you can step right in, in the fall!

Colliervol writes:

in response to orangeblood5:

Got a four letter message for them:

N-C-A-A, as in probation. Enjoy.

Others may have other four letter messages for them.

Mule_Days_King writes:

Just as my Grandma used to say, "Well, I'll be John Brown..."

AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons writes:

in response to long_vol:

Hang on long_ball, remember BB last year. This isn't the last day to sign, but the 1st day you CAN sign. There will still be undecideds even after today. Maybe DD can surprise us yet still! GO everything that is orange!

GOJO writes:

in response to Mule_Days_King:

Just as my Grandma used to say, "Well, I'll be John Brown..."

So did my Mother. Now I will get to see who she was talking about.

MikeTheTiger writes:

Hooker, anybody ever tell you you look a little like Barney Fife?

BamaVol writes:

in response to long_vol:

Has Risean Broussard sign with anyone, We need DT's

tennezz writes:

I hope he can take over for Dan Williams!

Strap writes:

Like Seaplane I had the privilege of watching John Brown for three years in high school. His senior year Lakeland was named "National Champion" (for whatever that means in high school). Nine players from that team signed with SEC schools. Seven went to Gainesville including the Pouncey twins, Ahmand Black and Chris Rainey. In my opinion John Brown was the best college prospect on that team. All my Gator friends are down on Brown because they expected him to go to JC, get he grades in order and come back to the Swamp to become an All American.