Tee Martin: I'm a Kentucky Wildcat

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Tee Martin says he hasn't yet let himself contemplate what it will be like standing on the visiting sideline in Neyland Stadium.

Now that Joker Phillips has named Martin wide receivers coach at Kentucky, the quarterback of Tennessee's undefeated 1998 national champions will find out Nov. 27.

"I haven't been on that side of (Neyland) Stadium - ever," Martin said Tuesday night. "I don't know how that's going to feel. But now, I'm a Kentucky Wildcat, and we're going to do our best to win every Saturday."

Kentucky made official Tuesday what had already been widely reported: Martin, 31, has given up the job as quarterbacks coach at New Mexico to come to Lexington.

Continue reading at Lexington Herald Leader.

Watch interview with Tee Martin from John Clay.

golfballs03 writes:

Good for him

roloyo writes:

Good luck Tee. You have my sympathy.

GBO

go_vols_go writes:

Tee is still a Vol at heart. Good luck to him except One saturday every november. ;)

nwcs writes:

Best of luck, except against us.

pj_ladyvolnMI writes:

It's ok, Tee. You can do your job well and still be a vol at heart. Proud of you!

DILLON writes:

but his blood is orange

TXVol76 writes:

The will be a good hire for Cobb

RoyaltyVol writes:

Now Tee, you know in your heart your a Vol, but your paycheck makes you say your a Wildcat!

nocleats writes:

Wish him well in 11 out of 12

NeylandWest writes:

This makes me feel really old.

VolinCalif writes:

in response to nwcs:

Best of luck, except against us.

Randy and Tee! KY could do worse. I always felt that Randy was a goat, I do believe he was in a little deep as the Vols OC but it always looked as if CPF was calling the plays. Not that it matters anymore but I wish the best to R&T. But not on our day.

DaddyVol writes:

Tee Tee Tee. Hope you love living in Lexington. But if you get hungry, you will have to drive down I-75 back to Knoxville to find a decent restaurant. For that matter...even A restaurant.

Cldvols1 writes:

Best of luck Tee, until your standing on the other sideline in Neyland! GBO

RoyaltyVol writes:

Tee likes doing cheesey commercials. Maybe he will get a contract in Kentucky with some lawyer or used car dealer to make some extra dough on the side. Good luck Tee, your gonna need it!

badkarma01 writes:

Maybe...but your blood is orange my friend!

VolinCalif writes:

in response to DaddyVol:

He can always stop by Corbin. I think they still have the org.KFC. With what KY is paying that is about all he can afford.

DaddyVol writes:

Since it will be such a rare thing, I wonder how Tee will enjoy hearing that lame stadium announcer say "first down keeeeeeenturkey."

huntined#565710 writes:

Best of luck to you TEE except against the VOLS maybe they switched the sidelines so Tee would feel at home when he visits. Wonder if he will go in and see the NCT HE HELPED BRING IN?

PepperGrinder (Inactive) writes:

Actually we are switching sidelines so...

kevin151 writes:

make it 28? in a row

rusty_shackleford writes:

Congratulations or condolences. Take whichever you want.

RoyaltyVol writes:

Is it possible that Tee and Randy could win the SEC east this year? Nah!

GreerVol22 writes:

What makes an ex-qb qualified to coach recievers? Sure he can say run route A and the ball will be there. But it's the hip and head fakes that make great recievers get open...I'm not sure he knows how to teach that...yet I'm OK with it..

bullit writes:

Who cares?

FWBVol writes:

David Cutcliffe was, if I remember correctly, a linebacker in college, before injuries ended his career and he has turned out to be a fairly good QB coach.

Dave Duncan, the pitching coach for the St. Louis Cardinals, was a catcher during his playing days, but many consider him to be one of the best pitching coaches in baseball.

A good quarterback has to know the entire offense. Tee knows what a good route looks like from a QB perspective and should be able to express that to his receivers.

As others have stated, I hope Tee and the Wildcats do well 11 games this year and that the only KY loss is in Knoxville.

Of course I don't think Tee realizes he'll be very familiar with the visiting sidelines this year as that was the home sideline during Tee's playing days.

DaddyVol writes:

in response to GreerVol22:

KIPPY BROWN was a quarterback at Tiger High aka memphis State.

fratricide08 writes:

Tee is a good guy. I wish him the best except against us. ;)

ethanfrome writes:

Like Don Corleon said to Sollozzo, "I wish you the best of luck, that is, as long as your interests do not conflict with mine."

AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons writes:

Don't fret Volniacs, like our previous HC, I'm sure Tee's dream job lies in Knoxville. Someday he'll get that chance and come on down the interstate. Till then, hope that quarter century win-streak continues!

GreerVol22 writes:

in response to DaddyVol:

KIPPY BROWN was a quarterback at Tiger High aka memphis State.

If Kippy was "all that and a bag of chips". Why does he bounce from team to team and show up at TN in between gigs? not so sure that example qualifies him as a great recievers coach.

RegentVol writes:

I wonder if Tee will wear that big shiny '98 championship ring with a big orange T on it while he's rockin' the blue in Lexington...

Down_The_Field writes:

tee, you are an employee of the university of kenlucky.

you are still one of us......A VOL!

steamboatticket#484773 writes:

in response to RoyaltyVol:

Is it possible that Tee and Randy could win the SEC east this year? Nah!

Kentucky won't make that run. But SC might, if we don't. The big Q on our team this year IMHO is DTs. Depth at that position will come from which players? We have five solid DEs, plus two 4* freshmen recruits. Can one or two of the five beef up enough to play tackle? Thinking out loud, maybe G-Dub. This is my biggest worry for 2010. Anybody got any notions?

volsn3 writes:

Good for you TEE...Your a class act

steamboatticket#484773 writes:

I was glad to see Tee making a move to coach college QBs at NM. Am now happy to see him making a move into SEC coaching. The man has a quality about him that resonates with players. Maybe Tennessee will bring Coach Martin home some day.

GeneralNeylandsReturn writes:

Good for you T...don't worry, you will not find the continuation of "the streak" as difficult to handle as most Kentucky Wildcats.

Good luck 11 times a year Captian!!

LCfastball writes:

Only thing missing in Kentucky is the PHILBEO DOUGH BOY !!!

usnavyvolfaninva_still_getting_paid writes:

Once a Vol, always a Vol, I say!

uwishuwereassmartasme (Inactive) writes:

in response to DaddyVol:

You are an idiot. Have you ever been to Lexington? It is a great place to live....and eat out!

Southland writes:

Wish Tee the best and hope he does a great job. He will be dismissed in two years when they fire Joker Phillips Maybe three years but my guess is that Tee will make a good coach. Maybe with the Vols one day

somebodywhoknows writes:

Good Luck you can now get a chance to see Amrie plat sports

unclesmoke writes:

Since Tee was undefeated at Ut he wanted to know what is was like to lose. Just kidding Tee, you did us proud. Hope you win all but one game next year. Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!

givehim6 writes:

My first response was Nooooo! Then I thought, well he tried his best for some one @ UT to hire him but with all the coaches changing.

johnbtuck#453056 writes:

Tee Martin is going to do a fantastic job at Kentucky.