Berry signs with sports agency

Eric Berry

Knoxville Magazine

Eric Berry

Eric Berry stuck with a local connection.

Now the former University of Tennessee safety and the Allegiant Athletic Agency are preparing to make a national splash.

The potential top-three pick in the NFL draft was officially introduced as a client by a3 on Monday, firming up Berry’s plans for representation in time for a critical audition at the NFL combine this week in Indianapolis.

“We are honored to be representing Eric Berry,” company president Chad Speck said in a release. “Eric is obviously an outstanding talent on the football field, and his character and integrity is going to be a welcome addition to any franchise. He is truly a first-class individual with a wonderful family supporting him.”

His ties to the UT family also seemed to figure prominently in the decision to sign with Speck, who along with Jared Karnes represents three other Vols in the NFL as well as recently dismissed basketball player Tyler Smith.

Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, Minnesota Vikings offensive lineman Anthony Herrera and Baltimore Ravens receiver Kelley Washington also are clients, and Berry is clearly in line to join them at the next level.

After finding somebody to help work for him, the next step for Berry is finding out who’s going to employ him. The interviews start this week.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2010, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

RoyaltyVol writes:

1st

send writes:

GOOD LUCK you may have been the best vol ever!!

TheOpinion writes:

Dang these guys have some big named clients and Berry is another huge addition to their list. Congrats to Berry and A3.

OrangeVeins writes:

My FAVORITE player EVER!!!

VOLinCO writes:

$how me the money

Vols1998 writes:

"Help me, Help You!"

Go EB!..you'll always be a Vol favorite.

GBO!

bUTchVFL writes:

Best of luck Eric! You are the epitomy of a Vol student athlete. How I wish we had you back for another year.

keepitreal4vols writes:

EB-when you get a 5 year, 40 million dollar offer, don't be a arse-hole and demand 5 year, 45 million. I think athletes should get the league minimum and after 2-3 years, you are eligible to negotiate a bigger contract based on what you have done on the field.

Hardrocknox writes:

in response to send:

GOOD LUCK you may have been the best vol ever!!

Thats some pretty big shoes to fill , Hacksaw Renalds ,Reggie White , Willi Gult ,Doug Atkins , Jamal Lewis , Fruad Revais , To name a few ...oh ya and so , so name of a guy ... Peyton manning .Not That Berry will not have a chance but best ever ...Good luck with that.

vols345 writes:

I like Eric Berry and he is a great player. However he is not the greatest Vol to ever play for TN. I think that you have to think about Majors, white, Harper, Lewis, Manning, Carter, Mcgee, Pickens, Nash, stewart, Henderson, Haynesworth, Henry, Stevens, and I am sure there are many more. Yes Berry ranks up their with these guys.

amcdougle writes:

I can't remember the last time I saw someone hit like you can at the college level. Have lots of success at the next level.

stinky_pinky writes:

Guys like EB rarely come around....glad I got to see him in a Vol uni. My son's first Vol hero was a good one! Thanks Eric.

InertGas writes:

Cha-ching

kabzs writes:

poor kid. unemployed, no college degree... hope he finds a way to make a living.

p.s. my log in name sucks

VOLinNYC writes:

in response to vols345:

I agree that he may not be the greatest Vol ever, but he's certainly the best AND most loved in the past decade by a large margin. Hence, all the love he's getting.

Best of luck, EB! (god willing you don't get drafted by the Raiders or Lions)

UTATO93 writes:

Is this like basketball where you can come back if you don't sign with an agent?

I remember all the problems with Donte Stallworth, but I was hoping that D-Rogan had not signed with an agent and might consider coming back.

SwamisBigOrangeCrystalBall writes:

in response to vols345:

I think he would have got more votes for that had this last year been under Chavis. Monte took away his opportunity for picks.

HtownVol writes:

in response to UTATO93:

No, the deadline already passed. He could have if he didnt sign right away. But that time has passed.

I wish he had a chance to break the NCAA record for int return yards however he will be a great NFL safety for a long time.

volsoutlaw writes:

in response to RichRollin:

So Alvin Harper with his super bowl rings and the ability to make Michael Irvin look like a reciever mean nothing? Jamal Lewis was injured at UT, came back and went on to win a super bowl and rush for 2000 yds. at the pro level mean nothing?

You made your opinion invalid

AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons writes:

in response to Hardrocknox:

3 out of the 6 names you mentioned you misspelled BADLY. Now try and spell Berry's 1st name.......(clue: it's only 4 letters)

MattDillon writes:

in response to AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons:

Actually 4 out of 6

ProwlinAndGrowlinSmokeyDog writes:

in response to kabzs:

p.s. my log in name sucks

My former screen name sucked, too..That's why I changed it to the current screen name.

Ringside writes:

Can you give a bother a loan?

Fryinpansvols writes:

in response to Hardrocknox:

I like your enthusiasm, but please spell the players names right. Its Willie Gault not Willi Gult and Fuad Reveiz not Fruad Revais. Sorry to be so politically correct, but just saying. GBO!

tnaseevol writes:

in response to vols345:

WOW TN has produced some really great players!

GBO

tnaseevol writes:

in response to AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons:

picky....pickey....pikie...piki

tnaseevol writes:

in response to MattDillon:

Actually 4 out of 6

picky....pickey....pikie...piki

tnaseevol writes:

in response to Fryinpansvols:

All yall lay off this guy, you must have known who he was talking about since you had to be PC,
or is it TA? GO..BIG...ORANGE!

rclarkvols#224537 writes:

in response to RichRollin:

Don't forget about Roland James

midnite__VOL writes:

in response to tnaseevol:

WOW TN has produced some really great players!

GBO

Always like Stanly Morgan and a great Vol

ethanfrome writes:

One of my favorite names in Tennessee Football history will always be Collins Cooper.

midnite__VOL writes:

in response to ethanfrome:

Another of mine is Conrad Graham

tnaseevol writes:

in response to Ellison_Vol:

Hey....another TA

SEAL_9821 writes:

in response to volsoutlaw:

You made your opinion invalid

I always loved watching L.Little and Will Overstreet perform on the field. Although they didn't have the great numbers that these guys had, I think their play as Vols was incredible. The bottom line is...it's sick to really look at the talent we have had the last 30yrs and only have 1 National Title to show. No reason that we should'nt have at least 3 titles since 1980. I'll never forget Steve Spurrier making a comment during the 2001 season after the Tennessee/Florida game...quote-"If I had the talent that Fulmer had at Tennessee, I would have won 2 national titles at florida.

Hardrocknox writes:

in response to AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons:

Wow , three letters in two names all vowels ..and thats badly ? hahahah I bet your single and friendless aren't you irrec? .....hahaha and when you wanna correct somebody dumas, Get your facts strait ( can you read ) 4/6... It makes you look twice of a jerk . hahahaha

BluezVol writes:

in response to tnaseevol:

picky....pickey....pikie...piki

Tank you, maid my knight....(lol)

we3vols#281863 writes:

in response to VOLinCO:

$how me the money

Show "EeeeeBeee" the Money. God Bless you Eric...Come back to the "Hill" in the summer and help our DB's like Peyton Helps our QB's.

easleychuck writes:

in response to keepitreal4vols:

Huh?

tnvoice#278189 writes:

you have to go back a long way but there used to be these guys named Beattie Feather, Herman Hickman and Bobby Dodd.

tnvoice#278189 writes:

you have to go back a long way but there used to be these guys named Beattie Feathers, Herman Hickman and Bobby Dodd.

UTVOLSRROCKN writes:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Jason Witten. I mean, he turned out to be one of the best TE's in the NFL!!!.....well maybe somebody did and I just did not see it.

TitanandVolfan4life writes:

I believe Reggie White, our Minister of Defence, has more rings and been in more probowls than any other Vol.

Al Wilson went to alot of probowls too.

Many people forget that a part of the Vols tradition IS putting alot of great players into the NFL and we had 4 Vols in this past Superbowl.

I hope our coaches are mentioning these things to the boys we're trying to recruit.

GO BIG ORANGE !!!

Orangeyouavol writes:

in response to kabzs:

p.s. my log in name sucks

yaaa i would probably change it

537081 writes:

Milk them dry young man. Make them pay big time for me not getting a senior year from you. Gods speed and thank you for giving your all for Tennessee.

illinoisvolfan writes:

in response to Ringside:

Can you give a bother a loan?

Maybe the first thing he can loan you is an "r" for "brother."

J/k Ringside, GBO!!

TNLawVol writes:

in response to TheOpinion:

The guys at A3 teach a class at the law school. Great guys all around. Couldn't be happier for EB and the guys at A3.

peyton4prez writes:

Peyton Manning, Reggie White, and in about five years Eric Berry. These guys are on a totally different level than any of the other former UT players who have been listed.

VolinDelaware writes:

if your gonna go with the best vol ever in the pros Beattie Feathers still holds a record that may never be broken. In the 30's he averaged 9.9 yds per carry for the whole season. thats pretty impressive since no one hardly passed in those days