DE Lemonier not listing Vols as finalists

Defensive end Corey Lemonier from Hialeah (Fla.) High School has apparently eliminated Tennessee from consideration.

“It's just Florida State and Auburn," Lemonier told Auburnsports.com. "Those are the schools that I'm looking at the most.

The declaration is hardly a shock. Lemonier was thought to be a long shot for the Vols.

However, UT is in better shape with Lemonier’s teammate, defensive lineman Calvin Smith, a one-time UT commitment, who is also considering Florida State and Alabama, among others.

Lemonier took his official visit to Alabama last weekend and called the trip “phenomenal”. It is unclear if the 6-foot-4, 265-pounder will take an official visit this weekend.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2010, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

PrimeTime writes:

Oh great, it's because we have NO DEFENSIVE COACHES, DUH!

LCfastball writes:

WHO CARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

asleep#212036 writes:

Wow. Another lost recruit. Oh but wait, he was a LONGSHOT anyway! Who cares? Why is this news? It would have been newsworthy had he put us IN his Top 2 but this? To quote Chevy Chase,..."Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.". Awesome, glad I checked back for more recruiting news. Go Vols!!!

PrimeTime writes:

Hurry up and hire Chuck Smith already. He is an amazing d-line coach. Look at some of the guys that train with him in the off season in the NFL. They are some of the best in the league!!

Bkvols88 writes:

never thought we had a chance with this one.

TennesseeTuxedo writes:

I see that Eddrick Lofton will be tripping to USC this weekend. Kiffin must love the class that Dooley is putting together, because he sure is chasing them all.

appalachianvol writes:

He was a very long shot. Can't get them if we don't try. Is there any news about Rajion Neal from Tyrone Ga.? He looks like a special kid from the films on the web.

Mule_Days_King writes:

in response to asleep#212036:

Agreed.
It would have been newsworthy also if his teammate had eliminated everyone but us. More Negative Nancy stories.

huntined#565710 writes:

I will say it We wanted him, We needed him, But for some reason he didn't feel UT was right for him. Wish him the best where ever he decides to go. Both parties can move on..

jman33163 writes:

No worries guys :) Best of luck to him wherever he ends up. We are on the way back regardless. It would be great to have him here sure, but it is not the deciding factor in whether we win championships again.

Go Big Orange!!!!

huntined#565710 writes:

in response to volsrock54:

He already has BIG O be hard to find someone crazier then him..

vol94 writes:

WE WILL ALL feel better when Rogers and nash commit to UT. It is all over the place in calhoun, GA as mark richt is at their house (Rogers and Nance)
now trying to turn them back to GA.

Dooley has requested (w Nance's father) to have the final in-house visit with the two.

xxeman#277723 writes:

OK, he would have been nice but we have 3 four star DEs in just this class. And several guys that have played coming back. Only play 2 at a time. This is no big deal. Coach got a JC LB we NEEDED! I'm encouraged. A couple of good OLs is what the DR has ordered now.

Note that a good DC of CHARACTER would not leave his current job this close to signing day. (Unlike some others) I look for the staff to be filled out after signing day and I'm fine with that. We want the best, not the quickest!

rpenland21#231616 writes:

Why are we bashing this kid? He never committed to us, never backed out, and for everything Ive read he never even said we were his leader. I hope the kid goes to FSU and dominates like the majority of their DE's do and kills a Gator QB or two.

NoSirRee writes:

I wouldn't wanna go to UT right now either, just saying...

NoSirRee writes:

in response to VolsRLU:

Just because I'm not bashing the guy for snubbing us does not make me a "troll". I'm just saying with all the turmoil going on and a new coach from La-Tech, Tennessee wouldn't appeal to me if I were a high caliber athlete trying to make it to the NFL.

vol94 writes:

in response to NoSirRee:

I wouldn't wanna go to UT right now either, just saying...

then don't go!!

SEAL_9821 writes:

We need to get a DC in there quick or I'm afraid we may pay a price of loosing a couple of quality players that are still undecided on signing day.

ProwlinAndGrowlinSmokeyDog writes:

in response to TennesseeTuxedo:

Hopefully, Loften will tell Kiffin that he can shove it where the sun don't shine!!

wags32 writes:

I sent Eddrick lofton a message on FB i said please wear all orange to USC! I said no probation here just 107,000 fans.

FEARinSEC writes:

Can't win 'em all. (((NEXT!)))

VOLsince68 writes:

in response to VolsRLU:

I read somewhere that he only looked at us again AFTER the previous POS coach we had left. That is great news!

GO VOLS!!!!

Futurecoach16 writes:

in response to orangeluvr:

Y'all whine and complain about not getting updates about recruiting, and when KNS puts one up, you bash the story. If you can't accept the stories that are slightly negative along with the positive ones, you should get some drugs of some kind that'll make EVERYTHING happy for you. If there wasn't any story about the kid, y'all would be crying about why the KNS didn't update you on it. Just get over it.

VOLsince68 writes:

in response to NoSirRee:

I wouldn't wanna go to UT right now either, just saying...

I'm fairly certain that no one asked you. Just sayin.......

GO VOLS!!!!!!

NavyChiefVol writes:

in response to vol94:

now trying to turn them back to GA.

I heard from Corey Miller today that Palardy is all Vol and that if Nance chooses UT, then Rogers will come with him. Yes, he is a Facebook friend and no, I don't stalk recruits, just passionate about Tennessee football. Have a fine Navy day.

LiveFaith writes:

in response to Futurecoach16:

Ditto. Or go over to UTSports.com and get the + spin only.

vol94 writes:

in response to volsrock54:

Just rumors but vols is correct. The news is all over Calhoun, GA , the ESPN affiliate in the Chat. area, and vol nation. Plus Richt and company visiting him now (since 5pm) instead of the scheduled appt. tomorrow.

Lets hope for the best!

steamboatticket#484773 writes:

I want Lemonier playing for us, not against us. Hope our staff keeps giving him some love. And that also goes big time for Calvin Smith. We need him.

steamboatticket#484773 writes:

in response to wags32:

Loften is a terrific player. I hope that we keep him and get Ahmad Dixon away from Baylor and onto our Tennessee team where he belongs.

KingsportsGoat (Inactive) writes:

in response to NoSirRee:

I wouldn't wanna go to UT right now either, just saying...

NoSirRee= Butt sniffing idiot

VOLume27 writes:

in response to Futurecoach16:

AMEN!!

Ayres_Hall writes:

in response to volsrock54:

The Gimp (Orgeron) fits that description, very well.

joeaubie writes:

Lemonier hasn't listed UT in his list for over a month, yet these KNS hacks act like it is some big news story.....