Tennessee Titans sue Lane Kiffin, Southern Cal

When Southern California head football coach Lane Kiffin lured Tennessee Titans running backs coach Kennedy Pola to the Trojans program as offensive coordinator over the weekend, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher did not hide his displeasure.

Fisher, himself a former Southern Cal player, said the manner in which Kiffin made the hire — contacting Pola without first making a courtesy call to the Titans — exhibited ". . . a lack of professionalism."

Late Monday afternoon, the Titans organization expressed their dissatisfaction on the proceedings with more than words. It filed a lawsuit against the university and Kiffin for "maliciously" interfering with the contract of Pola.

Continue reading at the Tennessean

Related Stories

mountainbrook writes:

LOL! Nice...

NashvillePreds writes:

AWESOME

Etacovda_00 writes:

One word = Awesome

PrimeTime writes:

That is awesome, he is a big DB! You figure it out. I hope they have to pay some money to the Titans, just for humiliation sake.

RaineyVol writes:

JEFF FISSSHHHAAAAAA!!!

Orangelife writes:

Outraged fans might not be able to stop him, but the law can.

Overjoyed!

orangecountyvols writes:

Wow,

This guy is on a roll isn't he? Seems everything he does is back firing. Wonder what Haden thinks about what he is walking into?

Bloodrunzorange writes:

Nice! Get the punk coach Fisher! Hayden has to do something about the snot nose! I am sure Monty is proud! GBO!!

V_O_L_S_GO_VOLS_GO writes:

I absolutely love the fact that Kiffy the Clown is pissing off U $ C alums now.... what a bonafide retarded lunatic.

10volunteers98 writes:

HeY USC, this is only the beginning!You folks are in for a long,bumpy ride with Lame Kitten!Make um pay,Titans!Man,this is funny,funny stuff!GO,VOLS!!!

Vol_in_GA writes:

I love it. My prediction: USC's new AD will get fed up w/ Kiffin's antics and he'll be out of a job (again) within three years. I just feel bad for Monte Kiffin. Hope this stint with his son doesn't tarnish his legacy.

jasonsvols writes:

nice.

WillieGualt writes:

With new USC AD Pat Haden coming on board to clean up USC's image, I suspect Lane had better walk a thin line if he wants to keep his "dream" job! If Pat Haden and the University can find "cause" to terminate Kiffen, then they wouldn't necessarily have to buy out his contract.

samiam writes:

Dang, this guy should be a politician! Smiling, while screwing everyone he meets. His stay in Tennessee was just for recon purposes. Hey, where's my wallet?

eaaesq writes:

Now everybody loves trial lawyers.

gillblog writes:

in response to samiam:

"Where's my wallet?" I like that! Good laugh.

tnsportsman writes:

YOU GO JEFF FISHER & TITANS, LOL! Just PLEASE let us know the dates the Liar Lame Surfer Dude will be in Nashville for the hearings! OH YEAH BABY, we will be there!

Pat Hayden, is he still your boi now, LOL?

GO VOLS, WE ARE UT!

HallowedHill writes:

Glad to hear he is a thorn in someone else's side.

GO VOLS!

chrisw2967 writes:

kiffin screwed over ut and went after the titans,the only thing left is the grizzlies and he will have screwed the whole state over.

Pat Haden has to be proud.

volsoutwest writes:

in response to Vol_in_GA:

Isn't it already a little tarnished?

GreerVol22 writes:

I'm grinnin' ;-)

I still say is momma was the problem.

Bloodrunzorange writes:

Can't find anything on trojanwire. No comments from Haden.... Nothing from Pola or Kittin. How is Haden going to react to this? He was talking big the other day.... Oh well. GoVols!!!

Bigger_Al writes:

All part of Lane's master plan to get the USC brand out there. Free publicity to help recruiting.

beachvol1 writes:

Well the bad ink just keeps on coming out at USC!!!!! This is great!!! Maybe the most selfish person I have ever seen plus being disrespectful!!! We'll see how Wonder Boy works his way out of this one!!!! If he can....

jandjhome#228397 writes:

Absolutely wonderful. Go Jeff Fisher.

feathersax writes:

Whiney-butt Fisher & the Tie-tacs suing fellow 'lil lane...a dream come true!

jman33163 writes:

Karma is a bich eh lame?? HA HA

Go Big Orange!!!!

Neyland123 writes:

GO FISHER

heyitsme writes:

in response to VandyGrad:

I agree. I find it impossible to pick one over the other. Hope it drags out in litigation for years...

bigorange61 writes:

I don't see where CLK and USC are legally at fault. Pola knew the terms of his contract, and breached it anyway.

From an emotional standpoint, this is funny as all get out. But from a legal standpoint, I don't know they have a case. Any lawyers out there?

CCLC writes:

(sigh).....the mattresses were all but smoldering in Lames rear view mirror and he still makes headlines in Tennessee papers. He is there (USC) for one reason. Pay attention sports fans.... he is there to stock pile the cupboard until such a time as USC can become relevant again. Have you forgotten the open arms he embraced in Knoxville .....in spite of what his previous employer gave you.

Ironcity writes:

in response to heyitsme:

I doubt this lawsuit has any merit but it may bring to light just how down right despicable Kiffin is and its surely going to embarrass USC and coach Pola.

Colliervol writes:

in response to orangecountyvols:

Wow,

O.C., I'm sure that Haden is really enjoying this. First week on the job, BANG, lawsuit because of your coaches lack of etiquette and brains. Add it to the list as I'm sure Haden is already keeping score.

VOLGAL13 writes:

How sweet it is....

CCLC writes:

in response to VandyGrad:

Volchief writes:

Hilar!

Colliervol writes:

in response to Ironcity:

Doesn't matter to me if there's legal precedence for it or not. Anything that can be done to embarrass and/or bring negative publicity to Kiffin and USC is fine by me. I hope it drags on for years.

gohawks1 writes:

Making friends from coast to coast.....

Colliervol writes:

in response to CCLC:

I suppose you have a reason why we should give one rip what a Georgia fan thinks? Non UT fan, opinion irrelevant.

Suggest removal.

Bufforange00 writes:

Woodson was a convenient alternative to help sell Rose Bowl tickets for ESPN/ABC. The award was forever tarnished.

sampears writes:

hehehheeh......him just lil, him cant wipe him own a** without daddy....at least there is one good thing about all this..and his name is KNOX!

AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons writes:

Man this is the stuff I would do at my Dream Job too! Think about your own dream job. There yet? Good, now imagine being the biggest AZZCLOWN that side off the Missisip and becoming the laughing stock of all sports!

(hoping your last EVER win was TN over KY),

To LK from a TENNESSEE VOL fan.

ccjs writes:

Now that is good news!

tennisvol writes:

Good! Ole Kiffins's days at USC seem to be numbered with the new AD. Kiffin's daddy can't get him out of this one or Coach O.

OrangeBleeder6 writes:

The best part... I've been reading on usc (lower case) message boards about how the great state of TN is full of crybabies and sore rednecks and people who can marry their cousins and people who believe in slavery and yadda yadda yadda. GBO. Sick 'em, Jeff. Who does Lane Kiffin think he is anyway, Monte Kiffin?

Stepchild_nFL writes:

This guy certainly has a nontraditional way of recruiting.

HollySpringsVOL writes:

in response to Vol_in_GA:

Unfortunately, it already has.

RockyTopVolFan writes:

GO TITANS!

tdforvols writes:

in response to VOODOOley:

Did you read the whole story? "Pola agreed he would “not under any circumstance solicit discussions or entertain employment with any other person or entity during the term without given written permission to do so,’’ under the terms of his contract with the Titans. Pola was not given written consent by the Titans."

This is a slam dunk for the Titans - probably not much money wise but the final settlement will put Kiffin and USC in their proper place.

voloffaith writes:

My favorite book says,"what goes around comes around." Not wishing bad on former coach even if he is brash,rude,self-centered etc. Hope he learns his lesson so that his children will not be raised to be like him later. Yes wife named Layla and a gater grad,but nobody really needs that type of family news about. Just ask lil Tigger.

On topic, this will not amount to much in grand scheme,but parents take notice whose coaching your sons or wants to be. UCLA ought to mop up out there if this charade continues.