Dooley says no recent talks with Bryce Brown

SEVIERVILLE - Derek Dooley offered no news Thursday concerning two Tennessee football players who are expected to transfer.

The UT first-year coach said at the Big Orange Caravan that there have been no recent conversations with tailback Bryce Brown or quarterback Nick Lamaison.

Brown did not participate in spring practice. Dooley said he is neither optimistic nor has closed the door on an unlikely return by the sophomore-to-be.

Lamaison, who did not play in 2009 after one season at a junior college in California, could also transfer after not being at all involved in the quarterback competition during spring practice.

Lamaison, a sophomore, has not returned multiple text and phone messages from the News Sentinel.

Dooley also said he is unaware of any academic casualties from the spring semester, which ended this month.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2010, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

VOLinCO writes:

i wouldn't have been surprised if you told me lamaison already left...

MidTennVol writes:

Why on earth don't you so-called reporters leave this Bryce Brown non-story alone?

MUST you resort to manufacturing drama where none exists?

Let the kid go and move on, for Pete's sake. He doesn't want to be here and I doubt many of his former teammates would want him back anyway.

Good GRIEF, have a clue.

Bloodrunzorange writes:

Looking for news....Same old stuff on this site. Interview the new strength coach, what are the guys doing different? What are the off season work-out's like for the linemen. Are the quarterbacks and receivers meeting (un offically). Are there any "Darwin Walker's" on the D-line? GBO!

PMC2726 writes:

in response to MidTennVol:

MUST you resort to manufacturing drama where none exists?

Good GRIEF, have a clue.

Put the blame where it's due. All Bryce Brown('s camp) has to do is issue a very public, very to the point statement stating his intentions. Don't dump on vols fans for wanting to know what the roster will look like next year. Fact: Bryce Brown('s camp) has treated his college career as a series of business decisions, and continues to do so. Bryce Brown('s camp) loved holding drama filled press conferences during the recruiting process, so why all the silence now? If you want to stay and play, great. If you don't, best of luck. Just say it either way for heaven's sake.

FearTheVols1252 writes:

"THIS JUST IN... we're here to report... that there's nothing new to report!"

Great article, Hooker! I see you're really earning your paycheck these days.

jack_2222#231746 writes:

Ever since the split into divisions in the SEC the East has been dominant. Until now. Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas and seemingly even Mississippi St are all better than anybody in the SEC East except Fl. KY could claim to be the second best in the East. That's good news because it's wide open beind Fl.

flatrock writes:

Could it be that Bryce Brown (and his father and
Junior Pro coach/advisor) is awaiting the
NCAA announcement about USC sanctions?

Hounddog writes:

My uncle went to the store 32 years ago to pick up a loaf of bread. My aunt said she has had no recent talks with him. Trying to stay on topic.
Hounddog

Laydbakvol writes:

Tomorrow's headline: "STILL NO NEWS FROM BRYCE BROWN"
Next week's headline: "COACH DOOLEY SAYS NO WORD FROM BROWN"
Next month's headline: "WHAT WILL BRYCE BROWN DO?"

vol88 writes:

in response to Hounddog:

Hounddog

lol, Is she still leaving the door open?

NeylandWest writes:

huntined#565710 writes:

I don't blame all of this on Brown. He was promised the world by KIFF and CO. and they were not honest with him and they left him out in the cold. I hope he returns to TENN. but if he want's to leave I wish him well.

easleychuck writes:

This breaking news just in, "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!"

Good luck to BB wherever he lands. I would not be surprised to hear that Coach Dooley has a pool with Coach Chaney as to how long it takes for Hooker to ask about Bryce Brown when he is addressing the media.

I would think that Brown's father would not be too hard to locate. Maybe some legwork by a certain reporter, could provide some answers for his inquiring mind.

DaddyVol writes:

Maybe Bryce is simply having a gender identity crisis?

VOLS_SEC_RULES writes:

Does anyone know when Brown must make a decision to stay or leave or can this drag on till August?

DaddyVol writes:

in response to huntined#565710:

How in the name of hell do you know what he was promised? Were you there?

Remember....the other TRUE VOLUNTEERS who are still here and still working hard, were also promised things either by Fulmer of Kittie!

Hounddog writes:

in response to vol88:

lol, Is she still leaving the door open?

Well you know what they say, "when one door closes..." Hounddog

John_10065 writes:

in response to Laydbakvol:

Tomorrow's headline: "STILL NO NEWS FROM BRYCE BROWN"
Next week's headline: "COACH DOOLEY SAYS NO WORD FROM BROWN"
Next month's headline: "WHAT WILL BRYCE BROWN DO?"

You forgot:

"KIFFIN IS STILL A JERK IN TN EYES"
"KIFFIN MAKES MORE THAN HE DESERVES"
"KIFFIN HYPE ALIVE AND WELL IN USC"

TommyJack writes:

Some of you mopes would be beechin if there wasn't an article on BB's status.

DRORANGELOVE writes:

in response to flatrock:

Could it be that Bryce Brown (and his father and
Junior Pro coach/advisor) is awaiting the
NCAA announcement about USC sanctions?

flatrock, I'd say you probably have the most accurate evaluation of what is going on in Mr Browns mind. I've said all along that he would end up at USC with Kiffin, but being as it is all about ME with Brown, it only makes sense he would wait to see about the possible NCAA Sanctions. If it turns out bad for USC, then look for him to stay at UT or go somewhere else.

VOLFAN78 writes:

in response to BamaBeacher:

Ole Miss did, but they lost a lot of talent on their team from last year. I am looking foward to beating them at home this year.

196SVol writes:

in response to 92Vol:

I agree. Time for more Gator stories.

nocleats writes:

in response to MidTennVol:

MUST you resort to manufacturing drama where none exists?

Good GRIEF, have a clue.

In my opinion I feel that Dave Hooker believes that Coach Dooley should have re-recruited and still be re-recruiting B.Brown. I believe Mr Hooker feels like Coach Dooley should have gone out of his way to try to keep Douglas as well. I also believe that Mr Hooker found himself on the outside at a place where he had many insiders. My reason for why I think this happened is that Mr Hooker went to press with some off the record not ready for release inside info that blew some deals up and Coach Dooley put an end to those avenues. JMO

osbymartin#581730 writes:

We break away from this article to bring you a live update from Sevierville, TN with our man in the field Rerun....Rerun whats the latest?

"HEY HEY HEY!! I am here with Coach Dooley..Coach I know that we just heard your speech for this Big Orange Caravan stop. We heard your response that there were no recent talks with Bryce Brown. Which begs the question Coach...Have their been recent talks with Bryce Brown??? Uhhhh...Coach Dooley, why are you looking at me like that and walking away shaking your head??? Well that's all I have from here. Now back to your regularly schedule article and posts!"

tdforvols writes:

in response to jack_2222#231746:

The last 10 championship games the East has won 5 and the West has won 5. I would call that even - not domination by the East..

DaddyVol writes:

Bamabeacher. I invite you to meet me at the entrance to Section X-5 at Neyland Stadium in October. Just let me know how to recognize, and I will be sure to identify myself.

You can bring Faragut with you.

AlpharettaVol writes:

In other news, Generalissimo Franco of Spain is still dead.

DaddyVol writes:

in response to BamaBeacher:

NoSirRee writes:

in response to The_Four_Horsemen:

Yeah, rednecks don't have a lot of tolerance

rudy123 writes:

in response to NoSirRee:

Yeah, rednecks don't have a lot of tolerance

What does this have to do with Lane Kiffin????
Any news on Kiffin? We are all interested in a daily dose of Kiffin news each day!! What about it KNS???

AllVol2008#1353998 writes:

I'm all for 19 year old kids and tolerance, but all the guy had to do was show up for spring practice. He didn't. He doesn't want to be a Vol. He probably never did. Screw him and his mamager and Kiffin.

Who cares? CDD is sick of it. Mr. Brown is being smart and finishing an academic semester and going home. It's no big deal.

volfaninutah writes:

in response to John_10065:

You forgot:

"KIFFIN IS STILL A JERK IN TN EYES"
"KIFFIN MAKES MORE THAN HE DESERVES"
"KIFFIN HYPE ALIVE AND WELL IN USC"

Just wondering... I've been out of the loop. How did Kiffie make out in the Sexiest Woman alive competition?

AllVol2008#1353998 writes:

in response to BamaBeacher:

Oh, Alabama. There's nothing else like it. Thank God. Some stupid sob's, that's for sure.

AllVol2008#1353998 writes:

in response to BamaBeacher:

Your state has nothing. Is nothing but the Fart of Dixie.

Think about it. Alabama really is nothing. Nothing.

jcherrie#219531 (Inactive) writes:

So nothing happened with Lamaison and Brown.

Is there anything else that hasn't happened?

Has anything not happened with the Basketball team?

John_10065 writes:

in response to volfaninutah:

(S)he made it to the sweet 16 and is losing to Heather Mitts 62% to 38% with one more day of voting left. (I didn't care but it would be great to vote him into the Great 8 for comedy's sake!)

But at least he gets to put a banner in the rafters that he make it that far! We should all pitch in and have one made to send to the USC athletic department with a return address of:

Neyland Stadium
Phillip Fulmer Way
Knoxville, TN 37996

But it is not too late, one more day of voting! So hurry up, delete that cookie and vote again! Vote early and vote often!

VolFanNC writes:

How did a non-story about Brown, turn into a Bama thread?

Look Brown left because Kiffin promised him the starting job, Dooley said he would evaluate.

Last year the team thought that Poole was the better back. Brown saw the writing on the wall that he would be #2 again behind Poole. Dooley won't re-recruit him and promise the starting job. It's that simple....why is this story still going on? I don't want him back now unless he gains about 110 lbs and can play guard or tackle.

AtLeastMyTeamHasPerfectSeasons writes:

Well, until BB leaves the team, until he is landing on a runway in Manhattan Kansas (do they even have an airport?) Bryce Brown is STILL A VOL. So try as hard as it is, let's try and look at him as still one of our own until it is final.

CadmiumOchre (Inactive) writes:

in response to volfaninutah:

The cancer lost in the sweet 16 round by an 18% margin.

tdforvols writes:

Bamma has won 5 out of the last 15 vs the Vols. They are very proud of that.

ThurmondEppy writes:

in response to FARRAGUT0406:

I was in Tuscaloser last year when yall came within an @sshair of losing to us. The fear in the stadium was palpable and I actually saw tears on the face of one fat slob with an "A" tattoo on his big fat red NECK! Rammer Jammer indeed.

DaddyVol writes:

in response to FARRAGUT0406:

I will still be there in Section X-5 waiting for you.

clvolfan writes:

in response to Hounddog:

Hounddog

Last we heard was "that she finally had to go get the bread herself"

osbymartin#581730 writes:

in response to KatManDewVol:

Utes uhhh did you say Utes Mr. Gambini? lol

bdennis278 writes:

in response to VOLFAN78:

i bet snead wishes he could have a draft "do-over".... poor guy gave up his last year of eligibility and didn't even get drafted

illinoisvolfan writes:

in response to AlpharettaVol:

In other news, Generalissimo Franco of Spain is still dead.

Still dead? Holy cow, I didn't know he was sick!

orangeman1 writes:

in response to PMC2726:

I put the blame on Dooley for keeping this drama going. Why doesnt he "close the door" as he put it and put this to rest. Brown being allowed back on the team will be detrimental to team chemistry. Why Dooley has kicked him off the team, I havent a clue.

DaddyVol writes:

285exp writes:

in response to DaddyVol:

Nothing spells class
Like threatening to whupass

DaddyVol writes:

in response to 285exp:

Nothing spells class
Like threatening to whupass

That is very poetic.

Did you write that while sitting on your bathroom throne?

Oh...my comments are nothing but class.

I think it's very classy and shows true hospitality, to give these brave Bama fans a larger forum from whence they can better express themselves.

You see... it provides a visual graphic to go along with their commentary.

And if you have ever been to Bryant-Denny, you have seen first hand the class that exudes from that place.