Tennessee Stat Book
South Carolina stat book
AP Top 25 College Football
1. Biletnikoff Ballot: Tennessee's secondary should get a vote on the Biletnikoff Award, given annually to the nation's top collegiate receiver. Georgia's A.J. Green and Alabama's Julio Jones certainly bolstered their candidacy against UT the past two games. Alshon Jeffery, you're up.
2. Be a Hero: The Vols need somebody to rise to the occasion and have a spectacular game. This season the SEC has recognized 51 players with weekly honors - offense, defense, special teams, offensive line, defensive line, freshman - and not one of them have been Vols.
3. Keep Your Enemies Closer: Since 2000, UT-South Carolina has been the SEC's most competitive annual series with an average margin of 8.5 points. Six of 10 games have been decided by seven or fewer points and two needed overtime. Today, however, the Gamecocks are favored by 17 1/2 points. How about close for a half? The Vols are good at that.
4. Going Home: Tennessee doesn't cherry-pick as many top recruits from South Carolina as it did in the 1990s, but offensive lineman JerQuari Schofield of Aiken was a good steal. UT hopes to have the redshirt freshman on the field today for the first time since Florida (Sept. 18).
5. Good Vibe: Tennessee has mostly good memories in Williams-Brice Stadium. going 7-2 there since South Carolina joined the SEC. Tee Martin broke an NCAA passing record there in 1998. Bret Smith even returned a kickoff for a touchdown there on Oct. 30, 2004. We mention this because it hasn't happened since and the Vols could sorely use one today.