GVX247: UT DT: Lance Thompson 'really mean'

UT linebacker coach Lance Thompson and defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin look on during the game against UCLA on Saturday, September 12, 2009 at Neyland Stadium. UT lost the game 19-15.

Photo by Amy Smotherman Burgess

The lunch buffet was in another other room of Neyland Stadium’s field-level media center Monday, but Malik Jackson was still serving compliment sandwiches.

Jackson, Tennessee’s All-SEC senior defensive lineman, served up a tasty compliment sandwich to his new position coach.

Continue reading at GVX247.

lail#204076 (staff) writes:

You know about the special offer from GVX247, right?

-- jack lail

BrassMonkey writes:

Yeah it's not really special at all. Give us your credit card info and we will bill you 19.95 a month during 2012 when you forget to cancel your "Free" membership. Face it there are at least 5 better sites than GVX247 at a lower price.

jmillran writes:

I thought GVX247 was supposed to be for recruiting articles?

dtacker#607308 writes:

I refuse to pay for information. I'd rather not know than spend more money in this economy.

RockyToptoNeyland writes:

of course, the one story I wanna read. Just keep ripping off the american public @$% holes

chrisw2967 writes:

Looks like KNS still trying to beg people for business at GVX247?

Volunatic writes:

PCB-- the "few measly shekels" for information are a judgment call. Most folks don't consider the amount of information available on 247GVX to be worth the money.
As for tickets-- I have mine. I'll be at Neyland every home game yelling my head off.
Props to the bayou bengals for outselling UT in football season tickets this season. It won't happen again for a long time, though.

Pompey writes:

in response to Papermate_Chinese_Bandit:

....from a s--- hole like La. nothing looks so hot.....Brahahahahah!

TommyJack writes:

in response to lail#204076:

You know about the special offer from GVX247, right?

-- jack lail

Hey Jack. I always kinda thought news ought to be free.

Theo writes:

in response to TommyJack:

Hey Jack. I always kinda thought news ought to be free.

Funny - I still pay for my newspaper.

TommyJack writes:

in response to Theo:

Funny - I still pay for my newspaper.

weak

RockyTopVolFan writes:

Talk is cheap, govol$xtra is not!
I will just have to wait to see what happens on the field of play each Saturday.
NO GO GVXTRA247!
GO VOLS!

Theo writes:

in response to TommyJack:

weak

Not as weak as your assertion regarding free news.

Volunatic writes:

in response to Theo:

Not as weak as your assertion regarding free news.

Good point. Reporters and photographers have to be paid somehow, and website maintenance is costly as well.
When enough news outlets go out of business (and thus won't even have a web presence), people will realize the value of paying for reliable news.
That said, I don't personally think the value is there for 247GVX, but I do subscribe to the regular newspaper.