Video: A gift to Pat Summitt

Great video piece from UTSports on Chamique Holdsclaw's project that involved 60 players and seven team managers submitted writing letters to Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt on how she had affected their lives. The collection was presented to her earlier this week.

bspurlingcac#225603 writes:

It is awesome to see the players return to the coach and express their thanks for all that she has taught them. Congratulation goes out to Coach Pat for developing such outstanding young ladies.

heyitsme writes:

And Pat Summitt has been a "gift" to the University of Tennessee.

Excuse me while I dry my eyes...

ps11824 writes:

"Dementia has never seen Pat Summitt like it's gonna see Pat Summitt." Amen. Wow, aint that the truth. My money's on Pat.

Chamique Holdsclaw, oh that we had some clones. Mique, Sameka, Tamika, Carla & Candace; What a team that would be. That gets me excited just thinking how much fun Lady Vols basketball USED TO BE... I can dream, can't I?

Can't imagine why this would not motivate our team to shape up and strive to get better.

It was a marvelous thing they did for Pat. Most folks just don't know what an awesome family Lady Vols make.

kjneel#238751 writes:

Pat is the one consistent source of pride for UT. As an alumni I can't say that about any other aspect of my school. I am always proud of Pat and how she lives the message. Not empty words, but actions even when its not popular. She is the real deal.

volcraze writes:

in response to heyitsme:

And Pat Summitt has been a "gift" to the University of Tennessee.

Excuse me while I dry my eyes...

Pass those tissues please.

shoelessvol#236864 writes:

Pat Summitt is TENNESSEE!!