Cameron Clear to announce decision on Tuesday

Decision day has arrived for Cameron Clear.

The Central High standout, the top undecided football prospect in the Shelby-Metro area, will make his college choice known Tuesday at a 1 p.m. (Central) press conference at the school.

Clear had originally been scheduled to sign on Thursday, the day after Wednesday's national signing day. Clear's father, Michael, confirmed the change in plans via text message to The Commercial Appeal.

Clear spent his final official visit at the University of Memphis this past weekend. His other final choices are Duke, Tennessee and Alabama. In an interview with The Commercial Appeal last week, Michael Clear said Tigers coach Larry Porter had been making a good, late pitch in an effort to keep his son at home.

Cameron Clear has a good relationship with Duke coach David Cutcliffe and likes the educational opportunities the school presents. Tennessee and Alabama are both storied Southeastern Conference programs and offer a chance to play in front of packed houses each week.

The 6-6, 265-pound Clear is rated as the top prospect in the state by the Knoxville News Sentinel. Although he may eventually outgrow the position, his preference is to play tight end in college.

LaneBrains writes:

Don't forget Ed owns Memphis. 'SC is lurking.

CLK,Monte and Ed

ghost_of_which_doctor (Inactive) writes:

Come on Cameron! We need ya in Knoxville!

Be all you can be...be a Vol!!!

volstokke writes:

Come on to Knoxville big fella. Possibilites galore for you here.

wade97#485226 writes:

He's going to BAMA. Talked with him this weekend. Mark it.

GreerVol22 writes:

it will be hurry up and wait at Bama...
it will be hurry up and block at Duke...
it will be hurry up and welcome to tackle at Memphis...
and it will be Cameron has it "Clear to the Checkerboards!" in Knoxville.....your call son.

volsnationalchamps writes:

Glad to see he is not waiting til Thursday to announce he is all VOL!!!

USNVOL writes:

in response to wade97#485226:

He's going to BAMA. Talked with him this weekend. Mark it.

I talked to him 15 mins ago,told me that he ia all VOL!
Go Big Orange!!!!

UTengr36 writes:

He keeps moving it up. Obviously just can't wait to be a Vol. Memphis is on the list out of courtesy.

ghost_of_which_doctor (Inactive) writes:

Saban is taking the Titans job so no recruit wants to sign with Bama right now. Oil the wheels on that statue and roll it to Nashville. Vols are the easy pick here!!! Welcome to Big Orange Country Cameron!

voloffaith writes:

So you say his answer is perfectly Clear?

Mule_Days_King writes:

in response to shen24:

The only true battle for YOU everyday, Farragut, is whether or not to wash the Cheetos's stains off your fat, lazy fingers.

wade97#485226 writes:

in response to USNVOL:

I talked to him 15 mins ago,told me that he ia all VOL!
Go Big Orange!!!!

I'm a Vol fan too Einstein, but my Mom is his teacher and I did talk to him this weekend, and the week before, and the week before that. Been trying to convince him for months to go to UT, but Saban got to him too quick. He's been to Tuscaloosa "unofficially" 6 times.

UTengr36 writes:

in response to shen24:

I can't imagine why UT only had 18 wins in those three years. You would think with three head coaches they would do better. All good programs have down years and then rise back up. Do we need to go back and look how Bama did when they were down? (which was caused by their cheating which they will inevitably do again)

fshnhol writes:

in response to wade97#485226:

He's going to BAMA. Talked with him this weekend. Mark it.

I hope Clear does sign with the vols BUT I am hearing where it sounds like DeAnthony Arnett may be changing his mind about the Vols....dont like this!!

RockyTopRampage writes:

"Uh Oh #vols fans D. Arnett is back on the bunker once again thanks #sparty fans & there doggin my Lil bro T. Rich Smh the best DB in Michigan!"
3:17 p.m. Central Time.....

What a waste of time and energy.

murrayvol writes:

in response to LaneBrains:

Don't forget Ed owns Memphis. 'SC is lurking.

CLK,Monte and Ed

Ed owns a Red Bull tapper. Not much else.

Mule_Days_King writes:

I talked to my cousin who was standing next to a guy that dated a girl who took Cameron's McD's order a month ago and my cousin said that Clear was going to sign with......Columbia State Community College.
There you go Vol fans. Definitive recruiting insider news. That'll be $10.

BTW, Clear silently committed to Chaney last Monday night.
Take that for what it's worth. And before you get your panties in a wad, Wade, it's a joke.

wellswillie#404648 writes:

You will catch a lot of passes at Tight End for Tennessee Cameron. We have the QB in place and a coach that that likes to throw to the Tight End. Score Touchdowns and listen to what only Tennessee has EVERY SATURDAY- over 100,000 fans cheering for you. Also, we need you and you will be on the field playing!!

8ball writes:

in response to shen24:

Auburn 28 ala 27 end of story tight pants..

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to wade97#485226:

He's going to BAMA. Talked with him this weekend. Mark it.

Dont you mean "Book It"

Mule_Days_King writes:

in response to CantStandSaban:

And the GVX resident dumba** chimes in.

jobrando#216494 writes:

My deceased grandfather appeared before me and said Kiffin got him at USC. He also said Kiffin would be the next Titan coach after the lawsuit

SickEmSmokey writes:

DArnett13 DeAnthony Arnett
We should finish in the top 10 that's the goal

DArnett13 DeAnthony Arnett
Whoaaa I just got some big news.. All #vols fans it's going down at UT

Posted on DeAnthony Arnett's twitter page! Watch out Vol Fans! There's a big surprise upcoming!!!

Lostvolinhighweeds writes:

in response to wade97#485226:

He's going to BAMA. Talked with him this weekend. Mark it.

So he decided to tell you where he was headed so you could make his announcement for him a day before he wanted it out?
Excellent.

vollady writes:

in response to SickEmSmokey:

DArnett13 DeAnthony Arnett
We should finish in the top 10 that's the goal

DArnett13 DeAnthony Arnett
Whoaaa I just got some big news.. All #vols fans it's going down at UT

Please confirm. Is this a Yes or a No. I am thinking you mean Yes, but it could be just wishful thinking.

TKO writes:

Arnett will be catching for Bray next year. Done.

dlobh writes:

in response to SickEmSmokey:

DArnett13 DeAnthony Arnett
We should finish in the top 10 that's the goal

DArnett13 DeAnthony Arnett
Whoaaa I just got some big news.. All #vols fans it's going down at UT

Doesn't sound like Arnett's backing out on the Vols. Sounds like he heard news of somebody else that's coming to UT.

UTengr36 writes:

in response to CantStandSaban:

Fulmer was a great coach and I would be more than happy to have him as the AD. But he was loosing effectiveness and it was time for UT to move on. Everyone has a shelf life. Sometimes you have to make a change. And you could say it is some Karma for hiring some Cal floozy, but we found the guy on the second try.

TKO writes:

Anotnio Richardson? Lane?

PUL4VOLS writes:

Wow all the keyboard yap is amazing. We won't know anything CLEARLY until tomorrow. Heck, he may rechange his mind and wait until the last minute. Why go on and on and on about stuff we do not know and much of which really does not matter? How about that knockout Texas class last year? Boy they really benefitted! I believe the Vols will get a solid group of incoming freshmen. There may be dropouts, dropins who knows? But it is exciting. Yet in the end what really matters is what is put up on the field on Saturdays starting in September.

thetrollhunter writes:

in response to CantStandSaban:

1. UT never has, nor ever will be anywhere close to the bottom cellar that is Vandyland

2. You just tried to get a jab at our team by making your own team look embarrassing (honestly it didn't need your help, it's already a huge embarrassment)

VANDY EDUCATION = HUGE WASTE OF DADDY'S MONEY

I think you need to start school over little girl. Hahaha

ATLviaTYS writes:

in response to wade97#485226:

I have to agree with you my friend. This is looking real bad for UT on the three we have been hearing about for the past few weeks.. Yep Clear to Bama, Richardson to UGA or Alabama and Wright to Auburn. I am hoping for a big close but folks I just don't see it this year and I hope we get them all but my gut is telling me we will be signing our 2nd and 3rd choices and try to sell that we can up coach 2 stars and 3 stars.

Hope I am wrong but I have to agree with Wade on this one

ATLviaTYS writes:

in response to fshnhol:

Where and when did you hear that? please explain or provide a link before you go off spreading stuff

jhayes0926#638474 writes:

in response to USNVOL:

I talked to him 15 mins ago,told me that he ia all VOL!
Go Big Orange!!!!

He is my stepbrother and he tells me he is going to Akron.

SickEmSmokey writes:

in response to vollady:

I know he is ALL VOL. I'm expecting it's a big recruit. Arnett has already said he is going to openly recruit for UT. I think Clear, Dawson, Tiny, and Jernigan are VOLS!

Ayres_Hall writes:

You boys reading tweets are being played by the teenagers...

PeeEllthree writes:

Nobody knows jack squat, except that DD and staff have done a great job being in the final 2 for Moore, Dawson, Richardson, Clear, Maggitt, Wright, Jernigan and Mackey. The class already has some talented and solid kids. DD needs to get 2 of them to round out the class. Zero would be disappointing. I expect 3. More would be gravy.

SickEmSmokey writes:

VolNews Scott Hubbs
@ @DArnett13 hearing good things about your recruiting skills...Do work!!

This is why I believe it's a few recruits that he has brought in.

crimsonviper writes:

in response to murrayvol:

Ed owns a Red Bull tapper. Not much else.

I don't have my glasses on,MV. At first glance I thought your post said Ed tapped a Bull...I wasn't shocked tho'.

txvolsfan writes:

in response to wade97#485226:

He's going to BAMA. Talked with him this weekend. Mark it.

wrong
He is headed to Tiger High!!!
Sorry to say

HtownVol writes:

Arnett is ALL VOL, I doubt he would switch since he told Tyler Bray to "follow me (on twitter), Ill be catchin TD's from ya next year".

Cam should come to UT, he would make a big impact at TE.

Richardson would make a mistake if he is not a Vol, knowing the UT O-Line situation (lots of talent but also lots of unproven talent).

I am not worried. I am sure we are all going to be very happy after signing day.

GO VOLS!

orangecountyvols writes:

in response to CantStandSaban:

Excuse us jealous one...........

Once again as usual, you are so wrong. To stoop to Vandy levels, that would mean the Vols would be winning 2 games a year. Remember this too troll.....
Tennessee and Ohio State are the only 2 teams in NCAA football that have never lost more than 7 in a season.

So no, the Vols aren't in the elite company of inter -collegiate losers such as Vandy troll's 'supposed' alma mater.

mtowntim writes:

in response to fshnhol:

C'mon fshnhol, that kr@p was started on VolNation yesterday by a troll...don't buy into that bullshat!

mtowntim writes:

in response to Lostvolinhighweeds:

Excellent.

Thank you Lostvol.

mtowntim writes:

in response to PeeEllthree:

Dawson, Clear and Jernigan?

mtowntim writes:

in response to murrayvol:

Ed owns a Red Bull tapper. Not much else.

Is that like a foot stool with a belt and handlebars?

TennVol01 writes:

I have never heard of this kid. Seems like every day a few names pop up as "top recruit", yet they don't show up on any real recruit ranking lists. If he chooses Duke, he does not really want to compete.

PeeEllthree writes:

in response to mtowntim:

Dawson, Clear and Jernigan?

I really don't have anything but a guess, as I don't have any insider info. Just playing the %'s my man.

kingmufasa76 writes:

in response to SickEmSmokey:

Wonder what the news is?

kingmufasa76 writes:

off topic urban meyer joins espn thought he left football to be with family LOL