Checking on on Tennessee's 2011 football opponents

Get Copyright Permissions © 2011, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

SWVA_RockyTopVol writes:

Just saying it now...10-2 for the 2nd year of the Dooley Era

Volunatic writes:

Are the Vols going to play against Nick Montana or against the Montana Grizzlies?
Did Superdave just do a google search for each opponent's school and take the first result regardless of whether it had anything to do with UT 2011 football?

mtowntim writes:

Sigh....

JohnnyU writes:

Read further, he is speculating that Montana may transfer to Montana, following his brother Montana, who transferred from Notre Dame, the alma mater of Montana #1.

pdhuff#552644 writes:

Doldrum article.

afret_1 writes:

6 and 6 this year Loose to ark ga fl sc LSU and Bama

stevefrommemphis writes:

What's North Carolina got?

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to afret_1:

6 and 6 this year Loose to ark ga fl sc LSU and Bama

7-5 , 8-4 possibly..we'll steal at least one of those tough home games...gotta be positive.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to SWVA_RockyTopVol:

Just saying it now...10-2 for the 2nd year of the Dooley Era

LOVE IT! Go BIG Orange.

ravensearay writes:

in response to mocsandvolsfan:

I agree!!!!!!!! GBO!!!!!

orangecountyvols writes:

Vols,

Not a big deal if we "loose" to anyone as long as we don't lose to them.

mhsvol writes:

The Vols better be ready for Montana. That's a grizzly in sheep's clothing.

UsoCRAZY writes:

Didn't Montana (the team) win the 1A national championship?

mhsvol writes:

in response to UsoCRAZY:

Didn't Montana (the team) win the 1A national championship?

Twice. And they played many more times in the title game. This game is going to be the equivalent of a PAC 10 opener.

Jovol642 writes:

What depth and tremendous insight. Must be a student of Adams.

OrangePride writes:

in response to SWVA_RockyTopVol:

Just saying it now...10-2 for the 2nd year of the Dooley Era

Just curious. What SEC games beyond Kentucky and Vandy are you putting those W's next to? I'm looking at this and having trouble getting past 8 unless there are a couple of bigtime upsets. I'm a bit worried about the defensive line and linebackers, but will have a better handle on that coming out of summer camp.

BrassMonkey writes:

in response to ravensearay:

I agree!!!!!!!! GBO!!!!!

Probably will steal a tough one at home, but recent history proves we will lose at least 1 or 2 that we were supposed to win as well.

twovols#669523 writes:

Does anyone know who our first two HOME opponets are for the 2012 season..and game dates ?

SWVA_RockyTopVol writes:

in response to OrangePride:

I think our only 2 losses are @ Bama and either LSU or SC...LSU is a toss up but I feel like we can handle our own in Neyland but SC has so much talent, you just never know which team will show up. And I'm not really worried about the LB position at all. Seems like everyone forgot about Maggit coming in this summer and that kid can flat out play. So with him and A.J. Johnson, I think we'll be okay for the most part. DL may be a different story...let's just hope that Mo Couch steps up

CCLC writes:

in response to SWVA_RockyTopVol:

WOW!

Rockytop38 writes:

Hopefully we can get to a point where we are good enough to schedule some big time opponents outside the SEC. I know you can't take anyone lightly and you are suppose to beat certain teams but I would love to see Notre Dame come back on the schedule and some big name schools down the road. It don't make big time news by whipping Buffalo and schools similar but if you lose....

maxvolfan#217855 writes: