Tennessee Stat Book
1. Arrive Early: And that includes you, Tennessee running game. A 12:30 kickoff requires efficient tailgating. You don't have all day to lollygag. Nor does the nation's 112th-ranked rushing attack. It would be reassuring for the Vols to prove they can move the pile from the get-go.
2. Buy a Program: UT is, as they say, a prohibitive favorite and coming off an open date. Look for Derek Dooley to see what some fresh faces can bring to the table. It could be Bryon Moore or Jordan Williams on defense, or Antonio Richardson or Tom Smith on offense.
3. Get Some Kicks: So far in 2011, special teams have, well, left room for improvement. Michael Palardy and Matt Darr are young but it's time to give the crowd a few ''oohs," and possibly even an "aah'' or two. And speaking of fresh faces, Devrin Young come on down.
4. Oskie, Anyone?: Vanderbilt has 13 more pass interceptions than Tennessee this season. For real. Look it up. Art Evans had a timely pick-six against Montana but the Vols are still looking for their second oskie of the season. UT is one of 19 schools with one or fewer interceptions. Somewhere, Eric Berry shakes his head.
5. Enjoy: The Vols face a brutal month. UT went 0-for-October last fall and it conceivably could happen again. In that light, carpe diem. You're not Memphis. You're not Ole Miss. Rock out.