LB Christian Harris tears ACL, out indefinitely

Christian Harris

Christian Harris

Another season on the sideline could be looming for Christian Harris.

At a minimum, the Tennessee linebacker figures to start the year on the shelf.

After redshirting last fall after signing with the program out of Woodstock, Ga., the Vols announced on Wednesday that Harris tore his anterior cruciate ligament this week and will be out for an indefinite period of time.

The former three-star recruit actually met with the media for the first time in his career after a spring workout on Monday, but he didn't mention an injury and was clearly looking forward to a chance to get back in action as he worked as the third-string middle linebacker.

"It was good (sitting out) just because I had a year to develop and still get used to Division I football from coming out of high school and stuff," Harris said. "I'm pretty sure it did me well.

"I don't look at it as a bad year or anything. I got stuff done, and I got better."

Harris now is looking at the possibility of needing more time to get better, but this time the emphasis will be on getting healthy.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

thevoice writes:

Beat of luck Mr. Harris. We may need you ASAP in the 3-4.

pingkr62 writes:

Bad news Mr. Harris, you still have a career ahead of you. Hang in an keep your head up.In the grand scheme of life, this is just a bump in the road. Good luck to you. G.B.O.!!!

tovolny writes:

All things happen for the best they say. Just keep working, preparing, and hanging in there. Your time will come.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

Tough luck, but rehab and train hard UT will need you next year..Godspeed.

keepitreal4vols writes:

6 year plan? don't graduate too early...just a thought.

MemphoVol writes:

Take a chapter out former Vol linebacker Nick Reveiz's handbook on how to handle adversity/injury, and you will be just fine.

PUL4VOLS writes:

Sorry to see this. We need more Christians on the team. No joke, I hope this young man gets well, rehabbed and back on the field. Hang in there Mr. Harris. We will be needing you not just this year but in years to come.

AllVol1 writes:

in response to MemphoVol:

Amen. I hope Nick Reveiz will reach out to Christian as another LB to go through this same injury. Praying for a full and speedy recovery, Christian.

ProfessionalHandicapper writes:

I hate to see any kid get injured at any school, wish him well

givehim6 writes:

And there it is, the dreaded injury bug has shown it's ugly head about this time every year. Sometimes in fall practice, but mostly spring. Just pray MR. Harris is the only one, heal well my friend.

eRUPPtionBLUE writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Tough luck, but rehab and train hard UT will need you next year..Godspeed.

oh yeah, but you had wished Anthony Eyebrow Davis to blow out a knee or break a leg ... nice there TV set, real nice