‘Maturity level’ up for UT’s Tyler Bray and Da’Rick Rogers

Tyler Bray on spring practice and his improvement at QB

KNOXVILLE — Tyler Bray wasn’t lighting up the box score.

Da’Rick Rogers wasn’t catching pass after pass.

While Tennessee’s quarterback prefers 400-yard passing days and Rogers wants to score on every play, neither came even close to those wishes Friday during the Volunteers’ first spring scrimmage.

Neither had a bad afternoon at Neyland Stadium, though.

Continue reading at the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

volaholic45 writes:

What a coincidince! I was remarkably mature and unselfish on Friday, too. I told everyone about it, and I think by and large they were quite encouraged that the character I displayed on Friday portends great things from me in the future.

GreerVol22 writes:

slow clap...I can sleep better now knowing that little Ricky is playing nice.

Bubba_Knows writes:

Ga State fans all but had Rogers on the roster. Read comment after comment. Some of them didn't want him because of his lack of maturity. Well, I guess they hadn't read this article yet.

hikerdude writes:

We'll see. Hope so.

SevenT writes:

maturity is not a word I would use to describe either one of these two Clowns

Just Saying

Witch_Doctors writes:

Witch Doctor say geez dont you guys have a life? Witch Doctor say how bad is it you are on here 18 hours a day hawking an article? Witch Doctor say go hide some eggs or get a life?

thevoice writes:

Not sure why the team's just now all in for blocking and running the ball, but I guess I'll take it. Go Vols.

cloudodust writes:

I expect 3rd year guys to act the role and play the part of maturing and focusing on Team. Just wondering who and what is going to be the face of this year's Team come Opening Day...

wigmeister writes:

I'll believe it when I see it!

wigmeister writes:

in response to volaholic45:

Now that thar is funny!

Orangeblood13 writes:

Really, some of you guys need to find a hobby

Tru138 writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Bones never lie.

...go hide some eggs... Now that got me laughing. Thanks.

sly_stone99#434111 writes:

Skipped the article and jumped straight to the comments.

VolFanInTheBoro (Inactive) writes:

in response to SevenT:

maturity is not a word I would use to describe either one of these two Clowns

Just Saying

But clown is a word I would use to describe you
Just Saying

GerryOP writes:

Sounds like a lot of people did not get a visit from the Easter Bunny.

GloryDays writes:

Both of them are spoiled little brats! They didn't caare if they beat Kentucky because they would have to practice in the cold. Losers who need a good beating!

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to slaw_way:

Witch Doctor give them benefit of doubt..but its slipping quickly. Geez KNS maybe we all need to go to Volnation or another "Vol" site.

knoxchatter writes:

Why is the maturity level of a JUNIOR starting quarterback in the SEC...and his leadership ability....STILL BEING QUESTIONED?? Is this article supposed to be reassuring to Vol fans? Not very encouraging at this point and juncture...

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to knoxchatter:

Witch Doctor say cause Rucker and Brown get paid for the "Pay-Site" and they write this so they can come on here and "lope to drive people to subscribe
Happy Easter
Wes
Patrick
Beth
lol

knoxchatter writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Happy Easter
Wes
Patrick
Beth
lol
Bones never lie.

umm, I dunno WD...I think your bones may be telling you it's raining on this article when in reality, it's still pretty clear and sunny...just sayin'

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to knoxchatter:

Witch Doctor pretty sure on this one..KNS full of rats! lol

Rich_Is_Re-born writes:

After a couple of years of drama from DaRick, the latest being a week ago, he's now a changed man. I'll believe it when I see it.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Witch Doctor pretty sure on this one..KNS full of rats! lol
Bones never lie.

*rats= tells on them kinda "rats". lol
BNL

in response to knoxchatter:

So you would prefer that they STAY immature? You don't believe in a maturation process? Is it too late in your mind for them to mature? Their maturity WAS in question in the past; now they seem to be improving in it. Would you rather they didn't? We'll see how genuine and permanent this is as the year goes on. In the meantime, I prefer to read stories about their improvement than the kind of stuff we have been hearing about before. But maybe that's just me.

Rich_Is_Re-born writes:

How's our kicking game?

jimr07 writes:

I was not disappointed with so many negative comments from such a mature readership..

rtrchatt writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Happy Easter
Wes
Patrick
Beth
lol
Bones never lie.

If Wes Ruckerhas written anything of substance or accuracy I missed it. He is too interested in being "funny". Happy Easter everyone

Testosterone writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Witch Doctor pretty sure on this one..KNS full of rats! lol
Bones never lie.

so witchie, just when you going to get out and go hide all those Easter eggs??

t. never lie

Testosterone writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

1st they got to go color them

t. never lie

knoxchatter writes:

in response to johnlg00:

You seem to have missed my point completely...like you, I prefer to read stories of their continued improvement...but..articles regarding leadership and maturity shouldn't STILL be 'news' for a JUNIOR in the SEC. How could this not be a bit disconcerting for Vol fans who have stayed loyal and supportive over the past few rocky seasons? I ask you, is it reason to be encouraged? And even you said in your response: "We'll see how genuine and permanent this is as the year goes on." Not trying to battle with you sir, just being realistic.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to Testosterone:

1st they got to go color them

t. never lie

Witch Doctor say they aint allowed near the stove best Witch Doctor can tell. lol

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to rtrchatt:

Witch Doctor NEVER said he has written anything interesting...lol...whew Witch Doctor not want anyone to think Witch Doctor meant that (hehe)
Witch Doctor gone.....
Happy Easter!!
He is Risen!!

Pompey writes:

in response to TennesseeTonyT:

.....Tony is not an acceptable name for a true Vol fan... find another site.

RashaadSalabeb writes:

Bray and Rogers....good for you! Stay after it! You usually have to work hard for the good things in life! Do the right things, guys! Not only will you, your family, your friends, and your fans feel better about you, but it might just translate into millions of dollars in the not so distant future. I have faith in you and your teammates. Remember, it's pretty easy to be good when things are going right. It's a little tougher when things aren't. Show class an be a man in both situations! You'll look back at it and be glad you did.

Go Vols!

mountainbrook writes:

Too bad the maturity level isn't up for some posters here.

UTByrd writes:

Wow! Many of you are missing a major point. The receivers are buying into BLOCKING for the run game. I have noticed through the years how successful teams had receivers that were great blockers in their offensive scheme. I would get upset watching UT's offense whereas there was very little effective blocking by our receivers. It's about time they are being pressed to learn the blocking schemes. Championships are not won solely by relying on a passing game. Once again, I am thrilled to read that our receivers are learning to block. The run game will reap many benefits from this.
Go VOLS!!!!!

snakeplissken writes:

in response to TennVolAlum:

Me too! I remember all the hype and hope last season, and I remember us losing to the worst Kentucky team in three decades playing a 3rd string wide receiver as quarterback for his first time.

Make a believer out us fans THEN we'll listen to you.

Orangeblood13 writes:

in response to BodeaneVol:

Bout like famous Florida qb's err the ones that turned fb or yeah never mind

VolGrad writes:

in response to BodeaneVol:

Nah, that's okay. That's enough thinking for you for one day. We'll cover Tennessee's proud football history as WR-U another day. Now go eat some more of that egg candy.

Go Vols!

orangecountyvols writes:

Bodean,

Hope you've had a great Easter, as well as the rest of you Vols.

How refreshing to see the real Bodean here and not the kid.........the copycat/imposter Bodeane, using your name.

In a way it's good to see some of the trolls like him here however, because they verify what we've said all along..........that they are indeed
juvenile trolls.

Yes, it's funny how the KNS has shown some of them the exit, yet allowed a few others to remain in essence trying to ruin the site with their silly nonsense.

Does make you wonder if they truly are plants, doesn't it?

gerwmor writes:

OK, now I am really sick of the pretend UT fans. We all have reason to be disappointed in last year and in the attitudes of some of the players. And yes, Rogers and Bray did not conduct themselves the way UT players should. But the surest way to see this year's team collapse is if these young men constantly read the kind of garbage being written and posted here. The only reason their maturity going into the next season is such a big story is because the press and the pretend fans are making it a story. This team has real potential. It is possible both these young men and the rest of the players see this and understand that their attitude is going to shape this season. With a positive attitude from the fans and the players and some luck with injuries, this team can win 8 games, go to a decent bowl game and win, see the coach with some degree of security, and then have a great recruiting class. Face it, with all the issues the staff faced this year, they still had, based on Rivals, a better recruiting year than LSU had. Imagine what they can do with an 8 win, bowl game win, season. Give the team a break and some support!

Clarkrm0706 writes:

After a long day filled with family, friends and pleasant correspondance, How nice to see the same on here.lol. (On an article about maturity no less, go figure).

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to Clarkrm0706:

Guys please stop responding to Bodeanne. You see how long it takes him to respond. He is on other stories/sites, doing the same thing.
I know it is hard to believe but there are people out there, ignorant enough to believe that they are "winning" by trying to upset others.
I love UT but if I ever feel the only way I can contribute is to just annoy fellow SEC fans (Instead of relate and appreciate other fans)
Then I will just stop trying.
Honestly people, when you respond to him, no matter how inept you make him look, he thinks that he is winning.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to Salma_Hayek_is_my_Wife:

The same post twice with only one word different?
Count to 10 before responding the first time. (Unless you are drinking, then all is forgiven)

notorange writes:

It's only practice now, easy to act mature, we will only know for sure after the season starts and the real games begin.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

Drinking? After a day with the in laws?
Not me. I started before I had to face them. LOL.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to Salma_Hayek_is_my_Wife:

Just one around lunch, then another with my brother-in-law, (whom I actually do like)a few hours later.
Tonight, may a different story all together.
It is a Holiday. lol.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to Salma_Hayek_is_my_Wife:

Happy Easter All.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to BodeaneVol:

You mean that illegal hit that should have been flagged and the defensive player ejected..I remember that game, the pathetic thing about that hit is your bragging about hitting someone completely defenseless..Making light of that play is about as tasteless as poking fun at Darrell Stingley getting paralyzed in the 70's..You're a despicable human, zz.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Salma_Hayek_is_my_Wife:

FB isn't soft, it realizes that unnecessary hits should be eliminated..When we screamed for the QB to get hit we didn't mean to cheap shot the guy and cripple him..Same for that hit in the 95 game..But if you still think fb is soft, let me tackle you with just a shoulder hit and you tell me if the collision was soft??