Tyler Summitt engaged

Tyler Summitt is staying busy this summer.

The son of Tennessee Lady Vols head coach emeritus Pat Summitt is engaged to Anne Dennis Ragsdale, his longtime girlfriend. No date for the wedding has been set.

Ragsdale is finishing a degree in kinesiology at the University of Tennessee and will graduate in May of 2013

Summitt graduated from UT in May. In June, he started his coaching career as a women's basketball assistant at Marquette.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

GetEmVols writes:

Yay Tyler!

pingkr62 writes:

Congratulations!

allvol8 writes:

Congrats Tyler!

SummittsCourt writes:

In four years he may be leading the Lady Vols basketball program. I could be wrong, but I don't see coach Holly staying for a long haul.

Ironcity writes:

I love Tyler and all but is this really news for the sports section or even the KNS?

eVOLved writes:

in response to Ironcity:

Probably if it worth you commenting! Congrats to TS.

MikeNPS writes:

This is supposed to be an important sports story??? I don't think so.

volvann writes:

Congrats Tyler... As much as the Vol Nation loves your Mom and her contribution to womens athletics, this moment is about you and Anne. I only wish that you and Anne have the most wonderful life and future together... From a #1 Vol fan...

Section A, Row 43, Seats 28-29, the hottie next to me is my wife.

snafu14u#241639 writes:

in response to Ironcity:

Your kidding....right? You honestly don't see the connection? Or you just don't follow the Lady Vols Basketball team? Bonzaivol

BruisedOrange writes:

The best news I'm reading is that her degree will be in kinesiology (not banking). It's so critical what lessons kids take away from their parents' failed marriage.

Hopefully Tyler & Anne's lives can remain more intertwined as they weather the demands of him being a college basketball coach.

Now Marquette... why don't you step up and hire Anne as a graduate assistant in her field? (Poor Tyler--all us fans who've been mapping out his coaching career are now planning his love life too!)

mytrifecta writes:

Congratulations. I hope to see him return to knoxville soon and continue his mom's legacy coaching the lady vols.

ps11824 writes:

Congrats, TS! Great news. What a great young man you have been. I wouldn't want to imagine Pat going thru all this w/o you by her side. We've watched you cut down those NC nets with Pat since you were a tiny babe, now, I like to think about the day you will cut down another Lady Vols NC net with your own tiny babe. I hope I live (and Pat too,) to see that day...wow, what a visual!

trifecta, I agree with you. In a time when good news is scarce, THIS, and the success of our USA olympic teams, is totally awesome!

Ironcity writes:

in response to snafu14u#241639:

He wasn't on the lady Vols basketball team. I think its great for him but not really news worthy that the Marquette assistant coach got engaged.

voloffaith writes:

in response to Ironcity:

Nah what a mistake....WHAT! Who is his mother? What team did his mother coach? He played for UT men as a occasional sub , but was a VOL and will always be!!! Bad day at the office? Sorry, but Tyler is relevant on the VOL site...He is family...