USC gave Lane Kiffin loan for house, but there's a catch

Southern California head coach Lane Kiffin, center, talks to his players  in a game against Arizona during the second quarter of an NCAA college football game at Arizona Stadium in Tucson, Ariz., Sat., Oct. 27, 2012. (AP Photo/Wily Low)

Southern California head coach Lane Kiffin, center, talks to his players in a game against Arizona during the second quarter of an NCAA college football game at Arizona Stadium in Tucson, Ariz., Sat., Oct. 27, 2012. (AP Photo/Wily Low)

The website TMZ reports that the University of Southern California could demand repayment with interest of a $500,000 loan made to football coach Lane Kiffin so he could buy a luxury home in Southern California.

The repayment terms could be triggered if Kiffin, a former Tennessee head football coach, is fired by USC or quits the program.

The Manhattan Beach house costs $5,5 million and is 7,300 square feet with six bedrooms, seven baths and a saltwater pool with a spa.

TMZ speculates Kiffin could be left homeless if he is fired and can't pay the loan off.

See TMZ for more details, including photos of the house.

SevenT writes:

Some users consider this comment inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

One of the most hilarious moments in SEC history is when Kiffin bolted from Tennessee after 1 season.

Priceless!

AlpharettaVol writes:

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy! NOT! Hope Santa left lots of lumps of coal in his Christmas stocking!

Thermopyle writes:

Every good beach bonfire starts with a nice mattress.

vollerdash writes:

How long are Kiffin stories going to run on this site ??

mocsandvolsfan writes:

Who's this Lane Kippen dude? Why do we care about his house or any loans toward one? whoever he is well more power to him. I don't really wish anything bad for him.

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

GBO

JimmyJoe writes:

Well he won't quit... But I can't imagine he survives the next two years. Maybe he and Tee can start a janitorial service in Beverly Hills cleaning toilets for the stars!

Dalton writes:

I don't believe that 500 K is going to wipe the man out he's been printing money since Oakland hired him...I'm sure he can cover any setbacks by suing Al Davis's estate for back payment...it's just the time spent with himself...gonna be rough

voloffaith writes:

in response to SevenT:

This comment may be inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

Priceless!

Yes, merry CHRISTmas too you bob cratchet! they celebrate that in cat-man-do also? Seriously all ewe could do on the Hallowed day was delight in someone else's lack of class(Kiffin)...Merry CHRISTmas in spite of it!!!

manning_berry_special_player1614 writes:

in response to SevenT:

This comment may be inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

Priceless!

yes and it was also the best thing that could have happen to TENNESSEE ...go vols

eb502us#225637 writes:

I don't like Kiffin but unless he has a serious drug problem or his wife is a spendaholic, I seriously doubt he'd have problems paying back 500k. He'd probably just have to cash out of some investments which is probably why he needed the loan in the first place.

Articles like this don't deserve the time of day and certainly don't belong on this site, though I'm not surprised given the history of the KNS.

BolivrBob writes:

in response to Thermopyle:

Every good beach bonfire starts with a nice mattress.

Funny!

RoadTrip writes:

KNS' love affair with Kiffin continues, while their distaste for their paid subcribers continues. Merry Christmas KNS. My wish for you is they you never have a real competitor because you will be bankrupt within a year of their appearance.

ProfessionalHandicapper writes:

I wish Kiffin well. He did like most Americans took a better job for more pay and now lives in a dream home on the beach. Employers have no loyalty so why all the hate for Kiffin? The man has done well for himself. I really doubt $500,000 will wipe out his $4 million per year salary although I'm sure there are some hoping so. Wish bad Karma receive bad Karma.

Biggie writes:

F kiffin

SevenT writes:

in response to 9willbesofine:

WHAT? Who is Jones?

You mean Jon Gruden is not going to be the next Coach?

MarbleCitySon writes:

in response to SevenT:

WHAT? Who is Jones?

You mean Jon Gruden is not going to be the next Coach?

The next coach is your sweet mother

ccjensen writes:

Still, pretty nice digs compared to his top of the line double wide in Tennessee. I detect a lot of envy.

straightshooter writes:

Stupid article. Give up the revenge satisfaction factor regarding Kiffin and move on. Yeah, he was a snake, uses unscrupulous techniques in recruiting and doesn't acknowledge actions of his assistant coaches even though everyone knows he was aware of them. But the fact is most head coaches would bolt out if accustomed to living in the big cities and warm climates just like Kiffin did. I don't know who thought he would have stayed at UT long term if successful even if the SC job never came along. I didn't.

volfan4life73 writes:

"instant karma is going to get you" said someone.

RockVegas writes:

in response to ProfessionalHandicapper:

Couldn't have said it better myself,he will be o.k at USC or not.

eVOLved writes:

no more kiffin stories please aholes

kraven_moorehead writes:

in response to RoadTrip:

I think using TMZ as a source for news is a new low. The next big scoop will come from the Weekly World News.

clvolfan writes:

in response to SevenT:

This comment may be inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

Priceless!

Yes,and I'll bet he feels bad today since His son put X-LAX in Santa's chocolate milk.
HA HA HA.

mountainbrook writes:

in response to ProfessionalHandicapper:

You should have a lot of bad karma then based upon your past posting history.

SummittsCourt writes:

in response to ProfessionalHandicapper:

I'm wishing a lot of bad karma on you right now. Vandy fans are a real joke!

Snapshot writes:

in response to SevenT:

This comment may be inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

Priceless!

I hope you got the lump of coal that you deserved for Christmas. Now go suck on it , ky troll!

sameolvolalum writes:

Kiffin's not a regular guy just moving up. He and his cronies raided UT's recruits from day 1, bad-mouthing the program and all done in a possibly illegal manner. USC alums won't tolerate another year like this past one, so maybe he and Tee can sell their LA mansions and buy bigger ones as they move on as the HC and OC at Prarie View A&M. "Suggest Removal" needs to be hit by one and all (Vol fans) for Seven T. Merry Christmas to all!

laraccoon writes:

it never ceases to amaze me when you have these morons who have no life in the real world so they make snide posts/comments on these boards to get people to respond to them and you guys oblige one after another making their pitaful days ,and i dont know which is more sad !

TommyJack writes:

Wonder if he ever unloaded that big house in Knoxville?

chuckfromwoodberry writes:

Kiffen is lucky he made the one year stop at Tennessee, otherwise his son would have been named Compton.

orangecountyvols writes:

in response to laraccoon:

Lara,

Very well said. Know what ..............on this most special day of the year, even so, these pitiful kids like seven still can't resist being here doing what they do best, being a silly troll.

As for the rest of you decent people, best wishes for a very Merry Christmas.

SquarePeg writes:

Can't get enough of Kiffin, it seems - where's the real gripe?

NGage writes:

in response to RoadTrip:

Actually, I'd love to see them have a legitimate competitor.
Shoulda put that one on my list.

timetable writes:

No problem. I'm sure Mrs. Kiff can do some "modeling" on the side if they get strapped for cash. She's in the right place for it. Maybe Hef needs a new bunny.

CoverOrange writes:

Article posted at 7:33 am
Seven posted at 7:49 am
Guess he was late getting back to his cube from his potty break. KNS didn't even give him Xmas day off.

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

in response to SevenT:

This comment may be inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

Priceless!

Actually, the most hilarious moment in SEC history is re-written almost every time the Mildcats football team takes the field.

spencer1989#206886 writes:

It's amazing.....We are now (2) coaches later after Lameo and KNS is still following his every move. Who cares? Can we not get past him? Was this story really necessary to be here? Are we really caught up with him so much that we want the news on him?

huntined#565710 writes:

in response to SevenT:

This comment may be inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

Priceless!

No I think when MEYER said I want to spend time with my kids NOW THAT WAS PRICELESS as all he was really saying was I WANT TO GO TO OHIO STATE!!!

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

in response to chuckfromwoodberry:

Sorry, but I have always found it highly doubtful that he and Layla named their son Knox because of Knoxville or Knox county. I have no evidence, but I find it more likely that the kid is named after Chuck Knox, or Chuck Knox, jr. They may be family friends, or maybe he just liked the name ever since he was coaching the LA Rams at about the same time Kiffin was playing at Fresno. I always thought naming the kid Knox was a coincidence that Kiffin played up at the time.

volfaninutah writes:

he can get some more funds by renting the basement to Ed and Monte. It seems like a big place just for them and the kids, so there could be some extra rooms available. No.. wait. Monte doesn't have a job... Now that is priceless....

Juiceair writes:

in response to RoadTrip:

This!

CoverOrange writes:

Complain about the endless Kiffin articles but there are 43 posts here and only 9 on the article about Jones. KNS knows how to get traffic on their site.

6972 writes:

in response to JimmyJoe:

Or lighting their joints.

Witch_Doctors writes:

Witch Doctor say OMG! Witch Doctor believe this Voodoo thing kicking in! Witch Doctors original curse the night he abandon us involved the classic trap of over indulgence right before the fall i.e a Greek Tragedy. . Witch Doctor say Merry Christmas Lane!
Bones never lie.

murrayvol writes:

in response to SevenT:

This comment may be inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

Priceless!

Thou art the wind beneath our pants.

murrayvol writes:

in response to vollerdash:

How long are Kiffin stories going to run on this site ??

Dunno. Forever?

murrayvol writes:

in response to TommyJack:

Wonder if he ever unloaded that big house in Knoxville?

If not, one could likely get a helluva deal.

tovolny writes:

Somehow, looking at the pictures of the house, I could not see 5.5 million. Is it just the location, or what?

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to titletownz:

Witch Doctor try that but for some reason make Witch Doctor sleepy and eat everything in hut(?) lol
Bones never lie.

TNORANGEDOGDAD writes:

in response to SevenT:

This comment may be inappropriate. Reveal this comment.

Priceless!

Man you were up early to find you had no presents or anyone to spend Christmas with!

Priceless