Candace Parker gets naked for ESPN

Candace Parker poses naked for ESPN Magazine. Her portrait was one of many for the magazine's 'Bodies We Want' issue.

Photo by Ture Lillegraven for ESPN The Magazine

Candace Parker poses naked for ESPN Magazine. Her portrait was one of many for the magazine's "Bodies We Want" issue.

Former Tennessee Lady Vol Candace Parker is one of many athletes featured in ESPN Magazine's Body issue. The issue highlights "the vast potential of the human form." Thirty-six athletes were profiled.

Below is a Q&A that the current Los Angeles Sparks forward did with ESPN on her appearance in the Body Issue.

ESPN: Why did you decide to pose for the Body Issue?

Candace Parker: I thought it would be fun and a great opportunity -- especially since last time I was on the cover, I was pregnant. It's nice to see the body transform. I hope I can send a message that if you work hard, you can come back just as good as before.

ESPN: What was it like growing up with two athletic older brothers?

CP: They were eight and 11 years older than me, so they were out of the house by the time I was 10, but I looked at them as role models. They set a good example for me, and they both played basketball growing up. I was at an AAU game when I was 2 weeks old.

Read the full interview, watch a video and see more photos at ESPN.

See more photos of Candace Parker.

See photos of all the athletes profiled in the issue.

manniesghost1903 writes:

She is a truly beautiful athlete in every sense of the words.

murrayvol writes:

All that and no tats......that we can see anyway.

Hats off to Candace.

Huttdawg100 writes:

in response to DeaconBooze:

HAHA!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

Whatever happened to Brittany Jackson? She was pretty hot too. I remember that 3 she drained against LSU in the final 4. We lost, but that shot was CLUTCH!

kyvol98 writes:

Please God, NO Brittney Griner!!!!!!!!

Voltman writes:

in response to kyvol98:

Please God, NO Brittney Griner!!!!!!!!

LOL thats even funnier than the one handed comment

SavTnVol writes:

in response to murrayvol:

All that and no tats......that we can see anyway.

Hats off to Candace.

Don't know if you looked at the video or not, but it sure looked like tats to me. But it was a great video and the pic's look tastefully done. WTG Candace

Witch_Doctors writes:

Witch Doctor say Rrrrrrr rrrrrrrr! Witch Doctor say she look good..Witch Doctor be back in a few minutes. lol
Bones never lie.

PUL4VOLS writes:

Disappointing but that ESPN has to stay on top in the sports business. Like this is sports business. Bring on the hate.

ROCKYTOPBRAD writes:

in response to PUL4VOLS:

????????????????????

voloffaith writes:

in response to DeaconBooze:

Should ewe ask your wife for any advice here? I see the Olive Garden food did affect you after all......

Tasteless post...

voloffaith writes:

in response to Lane_Kiffins_Daddy_Wears_Diapers:

Your comment is very revealing as to what you want in view....duhhh....no basketball blocking your view....duh....yeah your club selection? pitching wedge....you took deaconboozed and went tasteless as well...

Wish Candace hadn't done this....now one of UT's recruiting gems has lost some of the shine with this .....hey mom I can be a star like Candace Parker on the court and like her off the court as well.....

thevoice writes:

in response to RockyTopRenegade:

My my! Sure am glad we have Title IX.

CoverOrange writes:

in response to kyvol98:

Please God, NO Brittney Griner!!!!!!!!

Would finally put the rumors to rest, though I really don't want to know.

CoverOrange writes:

in response to PUL4VOLS:

See Sports Illustrated, circa every February.

CrankE writes:

Looks like she's suffering from unaboob and bubble butt.

. . . . .

That's the ball, you say?

Oh...nevermind.

Pat must be proud.

Vol43 writes:

in response to voloffaith:

Good point gzus. Unfortunately, this aint the same world we boomers knew in our younger days. In fact, it aint even close and don't even recognize it. I feel for the younger adults with impressionable kids.

GONAVY writes:

in response to voloffaith:

agree...

Witch_Doctors writes:

Witch Doctor ascertain after watching the video link 75-80 times in a row with low light and a bottle of wine(lol) This was part of an ESPN special issue where several athletes including men(buzz kill) from several sports also included. Witch Doctor say Candace was just part of the feature.. Witch Doctor say if Witch Doctor wife had a body like Candace Witch Doctor strap her to the top of a Buick and show her off all around town. lol
Bones never lie.

Dalton writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Bones never lie.

Forgot how hot this Vol legend was...and to get this rock hard....after a baby...how'd weird headed Shelden land this?...speaking of rock hard witch doctor?...do you have a special room that you disappear into?...or do you lock the "office"...like me

murrayvol writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Bones never lie.

bwahahaha! We all would Doc.

BigBadVol writes:

in response to manniesghost1903:

She is a truly beautiful athlete in every sense of the words.

Couldn't agree more!

DCHess writes:

in response to kyvol98:

Please God, NO Brittney Griner!!!!!!!!

Our God is not a cruel God.

keepitreal4vols writes:

in response to voloffaith:

You truly have lost touch with reality, and definitely have no idea what kids are doing these days.

deputy658 writes:

How long before Dooley gets the blame for this ?

TritanVol writes:

Check out the video monitor behind Candace during the interview at about the 12-13 second frame. Is she topless? It sure appears like it to me.

claiborneh writes:

Beautiful girl but I think the shoot is unbecoming, almost cheap. "Candace Parker gets naked": lovely.
Why do pretty people keep putting these stamps on their bodies. Is it an identity crisis? It reminds me of the sneetches in Dr. Seuss branding stars on their bellies. What's cool about a trite scribble that looks like a swirly $9 TShirt on a WalMart rack on your back when every other person has one one? There's going to be an entire generation with wrinkly saggy faded tattoos.

volfaninutah writes:

My Gosh, how long are those legs!!!! Beautiful lady. WOW.

voloffaith writes:

in response to keepitreal4vols:

Actually I believe your post shows that what previously was seen as tacky(on women) is now acceptable. I do know what chillren are doing today.....I've seen the tats on teens so I'm not clueless...the parents are supportive to not distance/feel losing child if object......So sir/m'aam I'm very much in the know(humbly speaking)

NCSmoky writes:

We make decisions when we are young that we regret when we are older. I think for Candace this will be one of those. A selfish decision with little thought as to how this might affect her child. Suppose that 12 years from now, one of her young teenagers is googling mom's name to read about her storied basketball career and these pics pop up. That's traumatic for a child.

Suppose you knew that all across the nation comments like some that you guys have made were being made about your mother, or your sister.

We don't live in a bubble. Our decisions affect others and our actions never go away.

voloffaith writes:

in response to NCSmoky:

Clapping hands and saying Amen! Many , including myself, sadly make foolish actions thinking not how it will potentially affect others. Whether that be now or much later. No I'm not saying Ms. Parker doesn't care what her daughter thinks about her mother. Just sometimes we leap out in an action then later say oops that was not worth it like I thought it would be.....

There are those who find the human body an object of beauty. Some of those who are generously blessed with those attributes which evoke that judgment enjoy sharing them with others, tastefully. Some people have all manner of evil thoughts about anything they see or feel. The fault is not in the other person, it is in oneself. As they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", as is nearly every other human attribute when viewed from the outside; we humans are poorly qualified to comment on what others are like on the inside.

NCSmoky writes:

in response to johnlg00:

Not saying that Candace is bad person, rather a good person who made an bad choice.

voloffaith writes:

in response to johnlg00:

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks..." From the inside to the out we are given a window to the inside. Outward action s/speech can be very good indicators of the inside..... so what posters type is from the inside so we CAN have an idea....I usually criticize the content and withhold judgement on the individual...I usually say APPARENT or APPARENTLY not branding the poster. I may castigate for written speech that violates USER AGREEMENT or is just in plain poor taste...."by their fruit you will know them..."

underthehill writes:

If Candace would have written down all she could think of that she would gain..and then written down what she could lose and the potential damage to her and her loved ones ..would she have taken this action..that she will now live with forever..only Candace can answer...

in response to voloffaith:

But again, you are assuming you know what goes on in other people's minds. You take it as self-evident that an intelligent person with beliefs and values would not do what Candace did. It is quite one thing to know and say what seems right to you, but quite another to assume that anyone who does not agree with you is not only wrong but evil. However, I do give you credit for trying harder than some to stretch out the hand of friendship even to those who don't agree with you. Sorrowfully, perhaps, but you do try....

pj_ladyvolnMI writes:

Not sure Pat would approve of this, Candace. We all knew you were beautiful before you disrobed. Makes me sad.

underthehill writes:

in response to johnlg00:

John..I think the point I see is not whether it is wrong or evil or whether or not you agree or don't agree..every act such as this that we do has an effect on others..we may not always want it to be that way..but it is part of life..

sly_stone99#434111 writes:

Ms. Parker you are Wonder Woman!!!! Make it Rain!!!

Navaloranges writes:

in response to pj_ladyvolnMI:

I'm sure you are a great person, and I'm not speaking to that, but the print "disrobe" is a bit of a stretch for effect. NONE of her "R rated" body parts are showing, therefor she did not "disrobe", per se, for the camera. The parts of her body seen by the public after the pictoral, is no more than if she'd been wearing a bikini. There is NO NUDITY SHOWING, as far as what's considered "private parts". Do we know she's "nude", yes, did she show her entire body, NO.

Personally I see no reason for anybody to be "sad" for CP. She's done nothing wrong. And there is NO reason to make it seem like she has.

Navaloranges writes:

Good grief, reading back through the posts I see too much self-righteousness. SHE IS NOT NUDE! Some of you folks are acting like this is a Playboy shoot for goodness sakes. The parts of her body that might be offensive to SOME, are covered. It's an article about the performance and build of the bodies of high-performance athletes. They chose to show the bodies in as much entirety as possible. To make is something vulgar or "dirty" is just wrong. Those thoughts are up to the individual. So some of you self promoted prophets of goodness and decency should try NOT making it something it's not.

ModelMaker writes:

Candace Parker is a beautiful women whom I have loved ever since she became a Lady Vol. That said if she was my wife I would not like her doing that one bit. There are certain principals one must have if you are going to be successful in a marriage and what she did is not one of them.

GreerVol22 writes:

beautiful girl, but what ever happend to good old fashion decency and modesty? Just more of whats wrong with America...its ok to be naked, its ok to gay, its ok to kill unborn babies, its ok to sue McDonals for the coffe being hot. Know whut I mean Vern?

MetroplexMojo writes:

For those condemning her, is it fair that there is a double standard for male and female athletes?

For a male athlete to have Madison Avenue appeal, he has to be successful (Iverson, Mickelson, Shaq, Barkley, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Polamalu, Brees). Attractiveness is not a requirement.

For a female athlete to have Madison Avenue appeal, she has to be attractive. Danica, Gublis, Solo, Amanda Beard, Wie, Kounikouva are six examples. None have reached the pinnacle of their sports but they are more recognized than those who achieved more.

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

If ya got it, flaunt it. No one fawns all over mine when I take a day at the pool.

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to kyvol98:

Please God, NO Brittney Griner!!!!!!!!

Could the Brittany Griner saga end like this?

voloffaith writes:

in response to johnlg00:

Reread and slowly...said,"can have an IDEA..." Didn't say ,"that an intelligent....would not do.." Did not say," disagrees means wrong and evil." First sentence and last from God's word that sheds light on whether one is HIS follower or not.....dialogue with intent to enlighten...

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to lemme_axya_this:

Could the Brittany Griner saga end like this?

I meant to share the "Captain Winkie" scene from Ace Ventura.
I thought I had this iPad thing down.

Olcrow writes:

with all the critisism you guys are dishing out,I'm sure glad the wife talked me out of wearing my orange and white Speedo to the spring game

voloffaith writes:

in response to Olcrow:

we would have had time since next spring is 2013.....unless she spared many this PAST spring.....you know any who asked could have been told ewe were a UT swimmer.....truthfully if you went to UT and swam in any pool...

Vol43 writes:

in response to Navaloranges:

All hands on deck! Naval, the article reads: Candace Parker gets Naked for ESPN. The caption reads: Candace Parker poses naked for ESPN magazine. What does that mean? I don't care if the girl gets naked and I'm certainly not a prude, but I don't think it needs to be exploited on this forum. So, just chill out bro.