Cameron Clear to land at Arizona Western

Cameron Clear's next stop to rebuild his football career will apparently be in Yuma, Ariz.

Arizona Western College coach Tom Minnick confirmed to the News Sentinel by e-mail Tuesday that Clear will be on the junior college campus in July. The story was first reported by Josh Ward of WNML radio.

The tight end from Memphis was dismissed from Tennessee's team by coach Derek Dooley on May 25 after Clear was charged with felony theft.

Clear was one of the top prizes of UT's 2011 signing class. He appeared in 12 games as a freshman, catching one pass.

If Arizona Western sounds familiar it's because that is where Aaron Douglas played in 2010 after leaving Tennessee.

Douglas transferred to Alabama, but died in 2011 before he ever played for the Crimson Tide.

Clear was charged with theft up to $10,000. He was caught with a laptop that was reported stolen from the Gibbs Hall room of baseball player Brandon Zajac.

Clear was released on $2,500 bond.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

rockypop writes:

Is Arizona Western a school or a halfway house?

GR82BaTennesseeVOL writes:

This is NOT directed at rockypop...

Before anybody even THINKS about going THERE, I just want to remind all REAL VOL fans to PLEASE...

KEEP IT CLASSY!

Olcrow writes:

this is not directed at GR82BaTennesseeVOL...don't forget to keep your valuables locked up!Olcrow hates on liars and theives!

TheVolSnake writes:

I hope he turns his life around and does well.

VolGrad writes:

Caught the 3:10 I heard.

Go Vols!!!

utvolz#637682 writes:

I wish the young man no ill will. Hopefully he can get back on track.....

keepitreal4vols writes:

in response to GR82BaTennesseeVOL:

This is NOT directed at rockypop...

KEEP IT CLASSY!

CLASSY is a message boards middle name.

GreerVol22 writes:

Holy Geronimo's TeePee Batman! Laptop sales in Yuma are about to pick up!

orangecountyvols writes:

in response to Ears_Whitworth_in_Orange_Pants:

Keep on begging troll, you are very boring with your continuous griping.

And..........get rid of the 'our' nonsense. You are the most distant thing from a Tennessee supporter........just a griper.

Vol43 writes:

in response to Ears_Whitworth_in_Orange_Pants:

STFU

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to Vol43:

STFU

Witch Doctor say dont be the springboard 43! Witch Doctor notice you always keep it going with them. Witch Doctor say are you one of them? if not stop.
Bones never lie.

PUL4VOLS writes:

The young man made a big mistake. Now he has a chance to correct it a bit. Maybe he can get his life together and still be a player somewhere. The head coach did not cause him to be stupid and he is still the head coach until he quits or is fired. I see the expert analyzers continue their spews in keyboard lunacy. We will soon see if they like him, look at him or listen to him. Come on season, get here.

BigOrangeFever76 (Inactive) writes:

in response to RockyMountainVol:

RMV....this is National Whack-a-Troll week. Please stop feeding sissyboy and his ilk. They crave the attention here that they don't get in real life. Like a stray cat...if you feed it, it never goes away. Whack-a-Troll. GO VOLS. GO CDD.

born2ride writes:

There is one stipulation. He can't take a laptop.

BigOrangeFever76 (Inactive) writes:

in response to Vol43:

STFU

43...as hard as it is, PLEASE stop feeding the "Flower Child" and his band of stinking bottom-feeding trolls. They get no attention in their miserable lives so they show up here daily panhandling for attention. We don't feed them, they go away. Life is good. GO VOLS. GO CDD.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to BigOrangeFever76:

Witch Doctor say you got it 76. Same ones keep it going when he cant get a reaction..hmmm. Witch Doctor wonder how many accounts walt really has?
Bones never lie.

VolGrad writes:

Funny when what these guys are tweeting doesn't seem to back up anything the chameleons are saying about CDD's relationship with them. Their focus is on the day to day grinding at the proverbial wheel to get better and looking forward to NC State. Heck, several of them are actually counting down the days.

They sound very motivated and eager for the upcoming season to me.

Go Vols!

MrPowerT writes:

Hopefully Cam has learned from his mistake. Wish him the best of luck in the future. Hopefully he won't be on Saban's recruiting board next year.

kcbigorngX writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Bones never lie.

Man, you are always good for a laugh and its been a long day....makes swimming thru the troll spit worth it.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to kcbigorngX:

Witch Doctor doing this when he was in middle school carving "Wes loves Beth" on the bleachers(she was hoping for a football player..bummer!..haha!) Witch Doctor say watch! he dances on cue! Dance!! come on Dance for us! hehe
Bones never lie.

Theo writes:

Glad the young man will have a chance to turn things around. Fervently hope he takes advantage of it.
Good luck Cam, take the long view.

BigOrangeFever76 (Inactive) writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Bones never lie.

So true Witchy...so true. Whack-a-Troll.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to BigOrangeFever76:

So true Witchy...so true. Whack-a-Troll.

Witch Doctor say just like tonight..he implodes and starts the "logging" in and out as a "Vol" to get ANY reaction..SOMEBODY PLEASE NOTICE ME! Witch Doctor say then he starts dancing..funny and sad, but mostly funny that everyone sees it now! hahahaha
Witch Doctor say game set and match
Dance!! come on..wait till we are gone..Dance! Bwahahaha
Bones never lie.

ProfessionalHandicapper writes:

Yuma is one of the hottest places Ive ever been and Ive been everywhere in this country. Not quite death valley hot, but temps easily hit 110-120 daily. To hot for football.

fearthehound writes:

in response to VolGrad:

Caught the 3:10 I heard.

Go Vols!!!

Heehee, hey, I wonder if Olcrow above is kin to Russell.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

Arizona Western Prison?

Colliervol writes:

In the immortal words of the Soup Nazi: "No laptop for you!" Especially after Cameron hits town. I chose not to comment on this when it happened but my only comment is this: How stupid does one have to be to pull a stunt like this and jeopardize a potential NFL career? This was just indescribably dumb and there is no other way to put it.

flatrock writes:

in response to Ears_Whitworth_in_Orange_Pants:

get a life.

rocky_topper writes:

I heard the padlock sales in Arizona have gone through the roof!

DwayneElizondoMountainDewHerbertCamacho writes:

You know...this is kind of pathetic on the part of the Knoxville District Attorney's office. Clear has just recently been charged with felony theft and he's planning on enrolling next month in A-R-I-Z-O-N-A, which is ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY.

So, this is how it works in Knoxville: I steal thousands of dollars of equipment from UT students. I'm charged with a felony. Instead of making plans to GO TO FREAKING JAIL. I'm just going to go to junior college in Arizona, because...hey, what's stopping me?

UT gave this kid multiple chances...why not the District Attorney's office??? Thank you Derek Dooley for giving me a second chance. Probation in Arizona? Don't mind if I do. High five Mr. District Attorney!

Olcrow writes:

in response to fearthehound:

Heehee, hey, I wonder if Olcrow above is kin to Russell.

no kin to Russell,but I've got word a posse comitatus is being formed to rid that town of laptop rustlers.give Dooley credit for policing Ktown before things got out of hand!

UTistheOLEMISSoftheEAST writes:

in response to rockypop:

Is Arizona Western a school or a halfway house?

How funny! The same could be said about ut. At least he will be playing for a better head coach.

Razor784 writes:

in response to MrPowerT:

He will be

ATLviaTYS writes:

in response to DwayneElizondoMountainDewHerbertCamacho:

I have to totally agree. How does he think he will even be able to play and not be in jail? From what has been mentioned over the past few weeks, the laptop was just one of many things taking from the dorm over a span of a weeks or months. It's not that hard to connect the dots and I hope the Police can put 2 & 2 together. I will be surprised if more charges are not coming Cams way. These are felony crimes most people do not walk away with probation even with first time offense. Just because it was not a car or something big does not mean he will get probation. On the Dorm question, when I was in college my dorm door always locked behind me. Now unless these kids are leaving their room with the door open how did he get access? I am just saying. If you leave your dorm room open and leave for hours then maybe you might just be asking for it. Not justifying it but just saying.....

If Clear gets probation he will be haunting us at Auburn, Alabama or Florida for sure.

ATLviaTYS writes:

in response to Razor784:

He will be

Razor: totally agree. Here is my guess: He lands at LSU, Auburn, Alabama or Florida

How many years can he still play? 2?

usafvol writes:

in response to RockyMountainVol:

He's one of the towel boys..

ATLviaTYS writes:

in response to DwayneElizondoMountainDewHerbertCamacho:

Honestly, the only thing I figure is that he is still about 6-9 months out before he goes to court etc. I am sure they will try to plea this down to probation with the DA. I mean the worst case is that he goes to court and is convicted in 6 months, get's a year and does 6 months. Still plays football at AZ Western, does his time and is out and ready for summer practice at Alabama, Auburn, LSU or Florida

ATLviaTYS writes:

in response to usafvol:

He's one of the towel boys..

Have to Love it. LOL

TitanandVolfan4life writes:

There should be a NCAA rule that when charged with a felony and kicked off a team the accused player is NOT allowed to join any other team in any division until AFTER court and any jail time is served.

This should keep all accused felons out of sports for at least 1 year or more which is a much better way to teach them a life lesson.

Allowing a kid to just run to a different school and start playing again is NOT teaching them anything and after a year at a JUCO some other big program will recruit them and the kid learns nothing and that's total BS.

VFL...GBO!!!

ATLviaTYS writes:

in response to TitanandVolfan4life:

VFL...GBO!!!

WOW..... Great post I agree totally Hey, if they can't pin the other stolen stuff on him at least he has a little spending money for the trip to AZ

gc_scvol writes:

DON'T FORGET THE SUGGEST REMOVAL LINK. WEAR IT OUT. DON'T RESPOND JUST "SUGGEST"

ATLviaTYS writes:

in response to gc_scvol:

Huh? am I missing something?

HopeisNotaCourseofAction writes:

in response to TitanandVolfan4life:

VFL...GBO!!!

Yes, more ncaa rules, that is definately what is needed.

HopeisNotaCourseofAction writes:

in response to Colliervol:

How stupid you ask? He is from mempuss, that's really all one needs to know.

ChattaVol1 writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Bones never lie.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to ChattaVol1:

Lol. Witch Doctor say if you notice both makes him dance on cue! haha
Bones never lie.

Henley-Street-Bridge writes:

SCVFL writes:

What??? Is he getting off this easy? He is out on bail...Can he legally leave the state when out on bail??? I thought someone out on bail had to report to their bondsman on a weekly basis until their trial??? Maybe he is using PTI (pre trial intervention). It is usually for young and first time offenders.

Ayres_Hall writes:

in response to Ears_Whitworth_in_Orange_Pants:

Hey pal, don't use "our" or "we" when you really mean "I, me, my".

VolGrad writes:

I just hope he finishes and doesn't become another Nukeese who blamed everyone else for his own failures.