Halftime: Vols 31, Troy 30

Tennessee fullback Ben Bartholomew high-fives to fans during the Vol Walk prior to their game against Troy Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012.  (MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Michael Patrick, copyright © 2012

Tennessee fullback Ben Bartholomew high-fives to fans during the Vol Walk prior to their game against Troy Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012. (MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL)

The shootout continues with Tennessee clinging to a 31-30 lead at the half as Troy dominated the second quarter.

The Trojans moved quick, scoring touchdowns on three consecutive possessions to overturn a 28-10 UT lead.

Shawn Southward scored on a 1-yard run, then Deon Anthony hit Chip Reeves for 51 yards to cut UT's lead to 28-23.

After a missed field goal from Michael Palardy, Troy drove for the go-ahead score on quarterback Anthony's 28-yard run.

Troy led 30-28. Tennessee drove for a first-and-goal but settled for a 21-yard Palardy field goal as the half ended.

In the first quarter, the Vols got touchdowns on all three possessions. Tyler Bray threw TD passes of 14 yards to Cordarrelle Patterson and 21 to Justin Hunter.

Marvin Lane scored on a 17-yard run.

Troy got a 7-yard touchdown run from Shawn Southward and a field goal from Will Scott.

Bray and Hunter connected early in the second quarter to put UT up 28-10.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

gobigorange1 writes:

Wow. Just... wow. This defense is horrific. I mean just God awful.

tulelakevol writes:

The high priest of losing is really showing how not to coach today boys. Pathetic, horrible, awful, disgusting display. Second season stinks!

JohnnyBeGood writes:

sister in skybox at game and talk there among some who have a say in this coaching fiasco is can we hold off till end of season to make the changes

KingDanno (Inactive) writes:

"THE HIGH PRIEST OF LOSING"!
Booley said, "well the penalties are getting us what we have to do is go into half time and coach these boys up"
Fantastic! We are now going to start coaching. Finally. Genius.

So maybe they should start with not moving off the line until the ball is snapped. FAIL!

tensie2004 writes:

Horrible, just horrible defense. Whether we win or lose this game it is time for Dooley to go. If he is still our coach come money then there needs to be so kind of investigation of our athletic department as to why and don't say 5 million dollars.

TheEffect writes:

And I thought Kentucky football was bad. Looks like Dooley and Joker will both be looking for jobs.

GatorHater1998 writes:

on the bright side, if we lose this game, we'll have a new coach by the end of next week

Smokey91 writes:

It appears another coach from Alabama has it all over Dooley and Sal. I hope Dooley's 2nd season will be his last season (and I hope it ends tomorrow morning, maybe even tonight).

tedstryker1980 writes:

Pathetic.

mancell1871 writes:

Dooley must be building those scars he was talking about.

overthetop writes:

Sal Sensari will be paid $1,800,000.00 this year. Mr. Hart has a great eye for talent and must be one heck of a numbers guy too. Thats probably more than Troy's entire staff makes a year. $1.8 mil......

TNORANGEDOGDAD writes:

Trading field goals for touchdowns by Troy.
Stick a fork in this coaching staff , they are done. Maybe even a little crispy.

firemancooper writes:

Patterson's NFL stock just dropped "bowing up" on a Troy defender after his fair catch in the end zone. The NFL is tired of thugs, however the NBA is always looking

tulelakevol writes:

What is sad is that the high priest of losing will recieve millions for being fired!! What kind of stupidity is this?!

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to GatorHater1998:

Funny...everybody thought Dooley was gone 48 hours after the Alabama loss.

DaufuskieIslandVol writes:

Dooley is here for at least 1 more year. He could lose out. Might as well Love him as Hate him. Go Vols!

KingDanno (Inactive) writes:

Why have we allowed this to go on is what I want to know. Don't give me that buyout phooey. This is the first time ever in my life that I have lost hope in the Vols.

Look on the bright side, if we don't make a bowl, we don't have to get embarrassed in it.

thevoice writes:

Thank goodness we haven't turned it over. Could be ugly.

Vols_fan_27 writes:

Insanity has been said to be doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... I guess I am partly insane because I continue to set aside 3 hours or so every Saturday to watch this team, somehow expecting different results... Still love the Vols just completely disappointed...GBO!

thevoice writes:

in response to thevoice:

Thank goodness we haven't turned it over. Could be ugly.

Well, so much for that.

GOJO writes:

Hope my kinfolks wake me up when this nightmare is over. Also hope the guy I gave my tickets to is not too mad at me.

DaufuskieIslandVol writes:

in response to thevoice:

Thank goodness we haven't turned it over. Could be ugly.

You spoke way too early.

mancell1871 writes:

Fumble! this team is done

jt45 writes:

This is worse than the Kentucky game !

Newrandyt writes:

I am really glad they are not playing a real powerhouse, like the Vienna Boys Choir, or we might really look bad.

6972 writes:

Still want to know the attendance. Attendance the rest of the year will be interesting after this disaster. Even if we win, it is still a disaster.

romeab#223646 writes:

in response to Vols_fan_27:

Agreed. I'm glad I didn't waste my day and start drinking to watch this mess called football. F-it. If we don't respond to this turnover, I'm out.

thevoice writes:

Holy phooey

6972 writes:

Just heard from Tim Priest that the south end zone is only half full. Still no official count that I know of. Mr. Hart are you looking at the empty seats?

Vol1983 writes:

Sunsorry has some defense! Dooley is only marking time until he is fired.

Newrandyt writes:

Do we honestly have 11 players out there? You would think they would at least bump into a Troy player once in awhile and accidentally stop them.

OGC writes:

For the love of God, someone please put us out of our misery and fire Dooley!!!

tulelakevol writes:

Really building that foundation.

BigOrangeFever76 (Inactive) writes:

Boys...we are going to lose this game. The D is getting gassed and cannot stop Troy. Dooley will be fired along with Fat Sal.

thevoice writes:

We must be playing a 0-0-0 defense.

Smokey91 writes:

oh great, 3rd and long again. here comes a huge gain. yep, another back breaking play by our pitiful defense. The announcer just said that Troy's game plan is get into long yardage situation cause UT does not have an answer or the heart to stop them.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

Dooley took over the largest mess ever at UT and has found a way to make it worse.

Thermopyle writes:

Hire Terry Bowden. Gruden will never come back to Knoxville. Bowden is no Gruden, but he's done well with downtrodden programs.

mancell1871 writes:

This is absolutley pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

romeab#223646 writes:

Kentucky is getting smoked by Vandy. Vandy > (is greater than) Troy. What's that mean for us? Do the math.

West10Vol writes:

How much longer can we delay pulling the trigger? Four SEC teams will be looking for HC, Hart is positioning us to be last in line behind Auburn, KY, ARK!

Vols20 writes:

in response to Clarkrm0706:

This may the funniest post I have ever read.

volball82 writes:

It is time for Dave Hart to do his best Donald Trump impersonation to Sal Sunseri... YOU'RE FIRED!!!

orangeintampa writes:

FIRE HIM NOW NO WONDER THESE KIDS DONT WANT TO GO OUT AND PLAY FOR HIM. THIS IS COMPLETELY HUMILIATING. FOURTH AND ONE ON THE ONE AND WE KICK WTF.FIRE HIM PLEASE IF YOU THINK HE IS THE ANSWER YOU ARE LIQUORED UP.

CrankE writes:

Oooh. First fourth down of the game for Troy. (I think)

tulelakevol writes:

I can't wait to see how the Dooley fans spin this one.

thevoice writes:

in response to romeab#223646:

While you're at it, check out UF/Mizzu

bigorangebolt writes:

This is a pathetic game! Hart do your job, fire Dooley now! I am sick to my stomach! I am calling the moving van now! This is horrible and disgusting!

Vol1983 writes:

40 Points! 40 Points! TROY!!! TROY!!! Yea, Dooley has the Vols going in the right direction alright. Now we know who the true Trolls are -- The Dooley supporters. What a joke of a coach!!!

KingDanno (Inactive) writes:

We may just have 500 points scored on us this season.