Vols cruise in final exhibition, 99-57

Tennessee coasted to a 99-57 men's baketball victory against visiting Victory University on Monday night at Thompson-Boling Arena in the Vols’ final preseason contest.

Redshirt freshman Quinton Chievous led UT with 15 points and nine rebounds, as all 10 Vols who saw action each played more than 10 minutes and scored six or more points. Jordan McRae matched Chievous with 15 points.

In an exhibition last week at Auburn, Victory trailed by 41 at halftime on its way to a 108-57 loss. Against the Vols, the halftime

margin was slightly less daunting. UT led 38-26.

The Vols were without starting forward Jeronne Maymon, who is sidelined for the start of the season with a knee injury.

Tennessee returns to Thompson-Boiling Arena on Friday to open the regular season against Kennesaw State.

Brendan F. Quinn covers Tennessee men's basketball. Follow him at Twitter.com/BFQuinn

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

Orangeblood13 writes:

Let the critics come out
Torches and pitchforks for all the trolls

eduardo writes:

Q plays like Gary Carter! Vol Great from the past

born2ride writes:

Please let us beat Kentucky.

budd#207344 writes:

For an opening exhibition they got a lot of work for the new guys. They seemed to play well for most of the game with the lapses you would expect with this competition.

keepitreal4vols writes:

in response to born2ride:

Please let us beat Kentucky.

0-0, Regular season hasn't started & you are looking ahead to Kentucky???

eduardo writes:

in response to born2ride:

Please let us beat Kentucky.

just the way it is!!!

jack4444 writes:

Get the ball to Jarnell.

Hoops43 writes:

in response to eduardo:

Q plays like Gary Carter! Vol Great from the past

Uh......NO. Played with Carter and seen quite a bit Chievous and wouldn't make that comparison.Carter was a stud multi-sport athlete.

in response to WONT_STAY_AROUND_LONG:

Talk ain't gonna do it, fella. In case you forgot, the Vols have been even with both Memphis and Vandy for at least the last six or seven years. MTSU was a drag, but the Vols' two best players were playing on one leg each, both needed surgery at the end of the season, and the best one still isn't back. However, the Vols will handle Memphis with relative ease anyway. See, I can talk big before the season starts, too. We'll see whose talk stands up AFTER the games are played.

in response to Hoops43:

Well, this WAS Chievous' FIRST EXHIBITION GAME, and I thought he did well. No need to start comparisons until he plays more, but he showed me a lot for a redshirt freshman.

in response to johnlg00:

Excuse me, I guess it was his SECOND game, but I guess he played well enough in it and in practice to be chosen to get a lot of minutes, and showed last night that he deserved them.

mancell1871 writes:

in response to WONT_STAY_AROUND_LONG:

You're the idiot that said UT was ficked fourth in the East when they were picked fourth in the whole conference since there is no east and west.
So your words hold no wieght. And I wouldn't call Hubbs nothing since he is the highest rated player from Tennessee on rivals and a 5*.

As for Memphis getting all 5* it doesn't really matter since Pastner can't coach em' up and beat a top 25 team. Martin I believe has already beat 3.
Q. Cheivous is going to be a big time player. If you didn't see that last night then you're blind.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

Good job Vols

mocsandvolsfan writes:

C'mon KNS what's with the extra posts from other articles??? Today it's one of Johns...yesterday it was one of mine. Either KNS has messed up or I'm in a time warp. I know I know I'm warped but so are the posts!! some of these posts are from the other Chievous article. Maybe it was rewritten I don't know but the posts should stay with the original. I get confused enough in this life.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

Ahhh maybe I get it now. won't stay around long didn't stay around long. Soo there replys were to the person who didn't stay?? I'm alright now.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to keepitreal4vols:

0-0, Regular season hasn't started & you are looking ahead to Kentucky???

Not positive but I think he means in football. Sometimes B2R gets a bit lost.