Vols-Vandy set for 7 p.m. on ESPN2

Tennessee linebacker Herman Lathers (34) and head coach Derek Dooley celebrate after tailback Tauren Poole (28) scores a touchdown against Vanderbilt at Neyland Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011.

Photo by Amy Smotherman Burgess

Tennessee’s game at Vanderbilt on Nov. 17 will kick off at 7 p.m. and be televised by ESPN2, the SEC announced Monday.

The Vols (4-5, 0-5 SEC) play Missouri (4-5, 1-5) on Saturday at Neyland Stadium (TV: WVLT, 12:21 p.m.), while Vanderbilt (5-4, 3-3) plays at Ole Miss this week.

The Vanderbilt game will be the first night game for the Vols since Oct. 20.

VOLinATL writes:

That should be a nice toasty warm game!

Cousin_Eddie writes:

Thank God I'll be at a wedding and not be able to watch this abortion.

underthehill writes:

ESPN apparently sees an interesting story here..not just a ball game..we'll see...

volhitman writes:

What channel is the SEC network on Comcast?

volhitman writes:

in response to volhitman:

What channel is the SEC network on Comcast?

Oops,never mind. Just found out it's WVLT.

Patterson84 writes:

Great another national audience to see our D give up 500+ yards!

iadvol writes:

Im flying to London that evening so I suspect that Dooley will be be fired by the time i land. Good chance we will be 4-7 after that game. F'n sad!

CantStandCantStandSaban writes:

I wonder how many times James Franklin has forced his team to watch that celebration video from last year's game on YouTube?

VolMoment writes:

I hope Franklin and Vandy team think constantly about the locker room celebration. The Vols win 45 to 17. Having played I know the feeling of revenge will last until you get hit or hit for about two plays. Then it is about the moment and if not then you are headed for a train wreck.

HopeisNotaCourseofAction writes:

in response to CantStandCantStandSaban:

You got it, and espeepeen will play that up, and how far we have fallen as the commodes roll us up. Well it is what it is.

The University Of Tennessee, formerly known as a football school, is now wallowing in the SEC basement with no chance of moving up. Hot seat this and hot seat that, by the commode game that is all the learned 3rd tier announcers for this third tier level game will be able to bark. Commodes ascending, VOLS descending blah, blah blah. As if anyone in the rest of the US other than Tennessee will even be watching this excuse for a college football game.

Camera on Buddy Hackett. CDD moved him to the press box for the MO game, then moved him to the hotdog stand for the commode game - Hey Buddy, you got mustard on your shirt when the commodes got that last long TD.

Many outside of our state would likely rather tune in to watch Troy play Akron.

6972 writes:

What was once a push over with Vandy is now a fight to the death. Can you remember when it was a knock down drag out fight with BAMA, now the team is on life support playing TROY?

Millisa writes:

We'll loose this one Fire Dooley NOW

govolsn3 writes:

in response to Cousin_Eddie:

Thank God I'll be at a wedding and not be able to watch this abortion.

Just all true VOL FANS need to watch this smack down when the offense lays 50 plus on the DORES. We will win out and we will win a bowl game and things will be allright...GO VOLS>>>>VFL

orange_eVOLution writes:

in response to CantStandCantStandSaban:

Here's a little refresher...

injunvol writes:

TONY DUNGY FOR H/C

PUL4VOLS writes:

Vol Fans? I don't think so. As Oddball(Donald Sutherland)said on Kelly's Heroes many years ago, "Moriarity, there you go with them negative waves again." Here people go, everything that is posted anywhere about Coach Dooley, the defense etc., with them negative waves. They are not helping people. I feel the pain, I feel the embarrassment. Vandy has not yet beaten the Vols as so many negative wavers seem to want to have happen. Go to London, go to a wedding, watch reruns of Seinfeld if you like, just please, "Spare me the negative waves." I am a Volunteer fan. 1, 2, 3,...here they come!

cyclonevol87 writes:

in response to Patterson84:

Great another national audience to see our D give up 500+ yards!

Now Now dont worry Dooley is now taking a more active roll in the Defence everything is going to be ok. (sarcasm)

cltvol writes:

We will beat vandy,,remember our worst team ever beats their best team ever,,it is still vandy, they suck. They are putrid. They reek with stench of decades and decades of losses. Its like the B.O. on Jerry Seinfeld's car. It doesn't go away. It's like when turtle man catches a skunk with his bare hands and takes a tomato juice bath. But there's not enough tomato juice to get rid of the losing, rancid, offensive, smell of the losing tradition of Vandy intrmural football. That quantity of tomato juice simply does not exist in this world in out lifetime or in the worlds and lifetime to come.

Volunteer-Varmint writes:

Last chance for a nationally televised good ole fashion beatdown. One can hope (pray) for a W but I think they rack up a lot of points on Drooley, Dopey, Doofus, whatever you want to call him. I was a supporter of this moron but not anymore. They should have crushed Troy by at least 40 points. Ah what I'd give for the good ole days.

GO VOLS!

iowavol writes:

in response to CantStandCantStandSaban:

Who gives a rats arse - he can make them watch it until they are red from vomit for all I care. It doesn't matter - they are Vanderbilt - they are who we thought they were. And they will lose.

iowavol writes:

in response to iowavol:

The only thing I really care about is when is Dooley going to fire Sunseri. This is more obvious and egregious than Clawson. He has lost the players respect.

I promise you this, if Dooley fires Sunseri, our performance will be vastly improved. This will be the case if Dooley fires Sunseri and tells the defense to coach themselves. It is human nature to respond negatively to all the negativity Sunseri is sending their way. This was a learning experience and hopefully Sunseri has learned exactly what not to do. But he should be empowered to be successful somewhere else.

cltvol writes:

in response to iowavol:

dang right,,it is vandy and they suck

ncvol17 writes:

I wish I was going to London..nothing against team. I just like London.

VolinVirginia writes:

OUCH!!!
Did somebody just accidentally respond to their own posting?

Ya gotta watch it if you're gonna use multiple screen names!

Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular.....

OrangePsyched writes:

VOLS 42...NERDS 24. Different year but it will always be the same story.

volsfaithful writes:

I can't imagine Vandy winning. I also believe by that game UT will no longer have a DC on staff. Revenge is one thing, but the way Bray managed the game on Saturday I think we will be fine. Look for an intense effort to sack Bray all day long. Look for a great running game - when you send the farm you open up big lanes on delays, shovel passes, etc. Just don' see Vandy winning.

hueypilot writes:

in response to cltvol:

My compliments. I think you must dislike Vandy as much as I do. I didn't think that possible.

Sir_Spanky writes:

Commode Doors - Past. Present. Future. No exceptions.

cltvol writes:

in response to hueypilot:

We still have George Cafego and Joe Thompson ahead of us to reach Vandy hate utopia. The journey's long, but its rewarding. Nothing personal, really. I have friends who are Vandy fans. But their's a differnce in personal relationships that I cherish and the livid disdain I have for the baby dung yellow and elephant dung black