Chamique Holdsclaw in jail in Atlanta

File-This May 15, 2009 file photo shows former Atlanta Dream forward Chamique Holdsclaw posing for a portrait after a basketball workout in Jonesboro, Ga. (AP Photo/John Bazemore, File)

File- This July 17, 2011 file photo shows Tulsa Shock forward Jennifer Lacy reacting after being called for a foul against the New York Liberty during the first quarter of a WNBA basketball game, Sunday, in Newark, N.J.  Atlanta police say a warrant has been issued for former WNBA star and Olympic gold medalist Chamique Holdsclaw who is accused of shooting into a woman's car after using a bat to break its windows.  Police said Thursday that Holdsclaw followed the woman, Lacy, to her car on Tuesday Nov. 13, 2012. WNBA spokesman Ron Howard says the 29-year-old Lacy plays for the Tulsa Shock.   (AP Photo/Julio Cortez,File)

File- This July 17, 2011 file photo shows Tulsa Shock forward Jennifer Lacy reacting after being called for a foul against the New York Liberty during the first quarter of a WNBA basketball game, Sunday, in Newark, N.J. Atlanta police say a warrant has been issued for former WNBA star and Olympic gold medalist Chamique Holdsclaw who is accused of shooting into a woman's car after using a bat to break its windows. Police said Thursday that Holdsclaw followed the woman, Lacy, to her car on Tuesday Nov. 13, 2012. WNBA spokesman Ron Howard says the 29-year-old Lacy plays for the Tulsa Shock. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez,File)

ATLANTA - Former Tennessee Lady Vols star and Olympic gold medalist Chamique Holdsclaw is in custody after being accused of shooting into a woman's car after using a bat to break its windows.

Atlanta police said Thursday that the incident happened Tuesday after Holdsclaw followed 29-year-old Jennifer Lacy to her car. Lacy plays for the Tulsa Shock.

No one was injured. Lacy identified the 35-year-old Holdsclaw as an ex-girlfriend and both played for the Atlanta Dream in 2009.

Holdsclaw was in custody Thursday night in Fulton County Jail. Her bond was set at $10,000 on one charge each of aggravated assault, second-degree criminal damage and reckless conduct.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

VolzsFan writes:

WOW! The LVs won big with "Holedslaw". Whoever she is. You do need thugs to win as I have always said. Now the girlfriend thing. I AM IN SHOCK!!! and not the Tulsa version.

CaliVOL2 writes:

So sorry to hear this for Chamique. Let's be supportive of her, not critical.

tnoutlaw2001#228008 writes:

in response to CaliVOL2:

So sorry to hear this for Chamique. Let's be supportive of her, not critical.

MooseandSquirrelVol writes:

in response to tnoutlaw2001#228008:

"Can I come over to your place and punch you in the nose and take all your stuff? Please be supportive ok?"

Sure, no problem.
I'll even contribute some lead to your haul.
Would you prefer double-00 buck or hollow points?

oldster writes:

Love can make one stupid.

UTbassdrummer writes:

(0_0)

utfan2121 writes:

in response to tnoutlaw2001#228008:

Exactly right. All I will support is her taking responsibility for this stupidity and facing the consequences of it.

atnvol#283282 writes:

in response to CaliVOL2:

So sorry to hear this for Chamique. Let's be supportive of her, not critical.

Flaming liberal.

Kasey writes:

in response to atnvol#283282:

Flaming liberal.

That's not liberal. That's weird.

Giftzwerg writes:

in response to oldster:

Love can make one stupid.

That is not "love". Actions like that are terrible manifestations of a character flaw. Maybe it is insecurity, maybe it is jealousy, maybe it is a rank need to possess another person or maybe it is retribution. But it is not love.

But hey, she's a former Vol so it's okay, right?

knoxchatter writes:

"I have to ask what are we supporting? I get so sick of that garbage. Lets support someone chasing an ex-girlfriend into a parking lot, taking a bat to their window and shooting at them."

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!...or another one of my favorites you see on here often when it involves these 'thug' athletes is: 'well, he's/shes young..and still maturing.'.....PLEASE...in reality, athletes SHOULD BE HELD to higher standards because of the benefits they receive while playing college sports, especially if they are on scholarship! Turned around, would these athletes say to the university "well let's be supportive" if the school wasn't being responsible towards its obligations to athletes and sports programs?? I think not....

cgbtn writes:

It is easy for those who know not sin to cast stones. Let us recall that Chamique has been battling severe mental disorders for years -- some forcing her to leave the game. Too bad she doesn't have a physical injury, perhaps a torn ACL. Then all of you would pray for her rather than hate her.

cdtnladyvols931#663910 writes:

in response to cgbtn:

You could have not said that better!!! That is whats wrong with this country today, to many ppl that thinks their perfect want to cast stones. That is whats wrong with this Country today; to much hatred!!! and to many Know-it-Alls!!!

CaliVOL2 writes:

in response to tnoutlaw2001#228008:

I'm being supportive of a fellow human being going through a tough time, obviously. Re your offer, no thank you.

CaliVOL2 writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

Many, many of the super-talented female basketball players have a "girlfriend thing" going on. Get over it. It's not relevant. Move into the 21st century.

Mike_In_Storrs_CT writes:

I didnt even know she had a girlfriend or was gay?

maxvolfan#217855 writes:

I've followed this woman's career for a long time and its full of trouble mentally for her. She has tried to control it by talking to groups, tweeting about her struggles with depression, posting inspirational quotes on FB , but that still wasn't enough. She finally acted out her thoughts on a person she felt deep feelings for and lost control. I'm not condoning her actions or giving any excuse for shooting into someones car . She will be brought to justice and the law will prevail. I do believe the judge will and should evaluate her mental capacity and order that she gets profession help. Her father also suffers from mental issues. Not sure what .