5-9 guard Tyler Scaife picks Rutgers

Tyler Scaife did not become a late addition to Tennessee's women's basketball signing class on Friday.

The 5-foot-9 guard from Little Rock, Ark., announced that she was heading to Rutgers and was signing with the Scarlet Knights. She was the final player from the Class of 2013 who had visited UT this fall but hadn't announced her choice.

The Lady Vols already have signed center Mercedes Russell and guard Jannah Tucker and Jordan Reynolds.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

No sour grapes here. I wouldn't say we couldn't have used her but I feel confident of the guard play we'll have for the next three years. The video of Jordan Reynolds confirms my feelings.

SoddyVol writes:

Rutgers needed her more. She is rated #1 at her position but I doubt there is very much difference between her and the guards Tenn has. Also, there are only so many scholarships available. The Vols recruiting has greatly improved in the last couple of years.

Volinflan writes:

Probably just as well. Could I have wished for another player to join the 2013 fall class it would have been another forward or post. However, Graves, JJ and Harrison are changing my mind about that. We don't yet have enough observation data on Moore (IMHO) but we're hoping and expecting her to also be great.

With Carter and Massengale on the team it would have been hard for Scaife to get a lot of playing time as a point guard (barring injury of course) for a couple of years. This year Spani and Williams, the two guards, will be leaving but it appears that Jordan and Reynolds will fill that hole nicely.

Still, hate not to get a player at the talent level of Scaife. What's Rutgers doing to do with her. They have eight guards, only two of whom, will graduate. Of course Scaife mabe thinks she's better that THAT eight!!!!

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

in response to Volinflan:

I could be wrong but I think Jordan and Reynolds are the same person. LOL

maxvolfan#217855 writes:

I wish her well. She is a game changer. Someone Rutgers been missing for a longtime. Stringer is such a good coach and mentor. Hate to see her teams get beat up by Uconn all the time. Anyway we have loads of talent. Let's get it!

Volinflan writes:

in response to snowpeapod#263184:

I could be wrong but I think Jordan and Reynolds are the same person. LOL

You are so correct. Thanks for correcting me. That should be Tucker and Reynolds. That's not even the worse meistake I've made today.

Dalton writes:

in response to Volinflan:

That's the spirit!!!...great sports dialogue folks...it's fun when you don't take yourself too seriously

movol53 writes:

You can NEVER have too much talent;ever know when injuries will come down the pike and they usually come in bunches.

chuckfromwoodberry writes:

Do not, do not, do not under any circumstances play uconn, Holly. Don't give i'manenema any pub.

mrvol2u writes:

in response to chuckfromwoodberry:

Agree 100% I think his antics have caught up with him and are now costing him.

vol4life1983 writes:

hate we didnt get her but whoever feel she wouldn't have been a great addition is crazy out their minds cause she was going to be better than carter and ariel put together. Scaife was the real deal and wudve gotten plenty of minutes for us. I saw her going to UT or Ohio state though not rutgers! Just open the door for kelsey mitchell next year so hopefully we can get her!