Judge sets bond for Chamique Holdsclaw at $100,000

ATLANTA — A judge in Atlanta on Friday set bond at $100,000 for former University of Tennessee star Chamique Holdsclaw, who was in jail on assault and weapons charges.

She is accused of firing a shot into a car belonging to 29-year-old Jennifer Lacy, who plays for the Tulsa Shock. Police say the 35-year-old Holdsclaw also used a bat to smash the car's windows. Holdsclaw was in custody at the Fulton County Jail.

No one was injured in the assault. Lacy told police that Holdsclaw was an ex-girlfriend and they were Atlanta Dream teammates in 2009. Holdsclaw was ordered to wear a monitoring device and have no contact with Lacy.

She was ordered back to a Fulton County court Nov. 30 to face charges of aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. A message to her attorney was not immediately returned.

Lacy earlier had issued a statement through the Shock.

"I want to thank my family, friends, fans and Shock family for their concern during this difficult time," Lacy said. "I have never felt more love from my fans in supporting me."

Henley-Street-Bridge writes:

Headline should read $100,000 not $10,000 KNS

dragon_mom writes:

It is becoming more and more apparent that in order to get an athletic scholarship at UT, you have to have a criminal record, a thug, a druggie, etc. etc......Wow!!!!

Beavolfan writes:

Too bad she wasn't a male because her bail would have been less than a fourth of $100,000 if any at all.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

Dang. Maybe she should have played baseball.

Seriously though I hate to see this from a former Vol. Or anyone for that matter. Firing that gun may cost her some time. Very sad.

ULTIMATEVOLUNTEER writes:

in response to dragon_mom:

Umm, Holdsclaw isn't at UT anymore. Been gone a long time.

whatthe84 writes:

Shameequa...how on earth...is this really true? I thought Shameequa was a pro basketball playa and an all american at UT and one of their all time greats...the lady vols. Wow this is unreal to me yall. I remember when she was Pat's go to playa on the champs season and now we find out that she is not only high strung and bipolar and gets really upset and is mean spirited but she carries a gun too. And the big surprise to me is that she had a girlfriend...wow...you could blow me over with a feather. My psykee has taken a severe blow and the big orange lady vol nation is reeling. How on earth...I mean...really! Role models...are you serious...$100,000 dollar bond...shots fired...baseball bat used to destroy a vehicle...huh! And all this comes on the heals of the 750 yard Troy debacle. I am going to hide my big orange shaker I don't know if I can stand much more of this. The next thing we know Coach Dooley will be fired!

snafu14u#241639 writes:

in response to whatthe84:

I have never posted a comment like this but you ARE a moron.BonzaiVol

AllforTenn writes:

in response to dragon_mom:

What a stupid, insulting statement.

whatthe84 writes:

Thanks snafu14u#241639, coming from you that would be a complement. Its not everyday someone as well respected as you would even take the time out of their busy day to make a comment on something I wrote. You truly made my day and I will save your comment to my favorites so I can look at it from time to time.

martic#220796 writes:

in response to dragon_mom:

She didn't have a record when she signed with TN. Maybe comments from rabid fans like you drove her to it!! What a disgraceful comment for all the athletes who have left and done well.

Pullingguard writes:

in response to dragon_mom:

Why blame UT for something they had no part of, That is..
Unless she just sharpened her girlie-girlie relationships while playing Lady-Vol basketball....Now, that could not have happened....Right!!!!!!

pcshowtime writes:

meek for next years strength and conditioning coach for the football team.

Witch_Doctors writes:

Witch Doctor say thats the poooow-er of love. lol
Bones never lie.

VOL7 writes:

She could easily still be charged with attempted murder. This is very serious stuff. Additional charges could be sought from a grand jury. Her ex-lover appeared to be in fear of being stalked. She probably won't want to drop the charges. Wonder who each of them has as their current lovers? Shockingly, Chamique was producing & starring in a reality TV show about lesbian women in Atlanta, so she was open about her lifestyle there. The culture of lesbianism in women's sports is wide & deep. You only have to look at many current & former UT women's coaches & players to see it, even though it has been ignored or covered up locally for a long time. Now, with Pat's retirement, the lid is being blown off. The family atmosphere that Lady Vols games have fostered will probably change a lot with the changing of the guard in terms of administration & coaches now.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to VOL7:

Witch Doctor bet they still dont let Brittney Grimer play in their raindeer games. Witch Doctor has for long time been proud to be a male lesbian. Witch Doctor say never works out for anything but funny title make Witch Doctor smile everytime Witch Doctor says it.
Bones never lie.

bibliosaurus writes:

in response to martic#220796:

I am not a fan at all. Rabid, or otherwise.

Not all fans are adults. I am sorry to hear this story because my 13 year old granddaughter IS a big fan!

Ms. Holdsclaw's problems didn't start at UT. If she's displaying anti-social behavior now, you can bet it started in childhood. She may have had the best years of her life at UT. The only structure and discipline she had ever been taught. Once on her own, she developed a messy personal life.

She came from an incomplete home, without an intact set of parents. That's not good for girls, and it shows up sooner or later.

In this troubled athlete, I also see a troubled child.

And the result is not a suitable role model for my granddaughter.

eb502us#225637 writes:

Hope she"s been saving her pennies.

ebola writes:

Sad........hopefully she can get a handle on this. Thankfully nobody was seriously injured or killed.

LIBDESTROYER writes:

in response to bibliosaurus:

I am not a fan at all. Rabid, or otherwise.

In this troubled athlete, I also see a troubled child.

And the result is not a suitable role model for my granddaughter.

Theo writes:

in response to whatthe84:

Can I possibly request removal just on the basis that this post and poster are just too stupid to be on here? If so, I do.
Some people are just a waste of oxygen.

Theo writes:

in response to LIBDESTROYER:

Having a bad week? Feeling a little cranky? Got a little post election hangover?
Stop watching Fox News exclusively and you might get a clue.

CaliVOL2 writes:

in response to whatthe84:

You are surprised she has a girlfriend? Really? I hate to be the one to break this to you but many super-talented female athletes are gay women. Btw, there's nothing wrong with that. Move out of your trailer and into the 21st century.

CaliVOL2 writes:

in response to grimpmeister:

From where did you receive your divinity degree? Jesus Chist never said a single negative word about gays. You pause, you reflect, biggot.

smokeygrowl writes:

carrying on the lady vol tradition of short hair

abnerPeabody writes:

in response to CaliVOL2:

How wrong you are. The Bible is plain on the subject.Dosen't require a degree to see. Just read the word,something you seem to not do.

rockytop95 writes:

she is an embarassment to UT take her name down off the street and the banner that hangs in the area.

VolinVirginia writes:

in response to LIBDESTROYER:

Wow: a politically-motivated user name on a SPORTS bulletin board - and one with a violent undertone.

I'm embarrassed for you......

snafu14u#241639 writes:

in response to whatthe84:

No charge my friend no charge.Bonzaivol