Tennessee, Vanderbilt preparing for kickoff before sellout crowd

Tennessee athletes walk down Peyton Manning Pass during the Vol Walk  in 2011.  (ADAM BRIMER/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Adam Brimer, copyright © 2011

Tennessee athletes walk down Peyton Manning Pass during the Vol Walk in 2011. (ADAM BRIMER/NEWS SENTINEL)

NASHVILLE — A sellout crowd is expected at Vanderbilt Stadium tonight as the Commodores seek their first five-win SEC season since 1935 against Tennessee.

The Vols (4-6, 0-6 SEC) and Commodores (6-4, 4-3) will kick off at 7:05 p.m. (TV: ESPN2).

Tennessee hasn't lost a game against Vandy in Nashville since 1982.

In years past, Tennessee fans have dwarfed the contingent of Vandy supporters. Based on early estimates, Vandy fans appeared to make up a majority tonight.

Vandy running back Zac Stacy, who has been nursing a leg injury, dressed out and went through warmups before the game.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

mdvol writes:

Can Dooley call the Frat House for some defensive players?

renegade37918 writes:

we lose tonight he shouldn't even be on the bus back

UTKin1992 writes:

ESPN2 has the game blacked out in So Al...wtf!?!? I have NEVER seen this before.

redskinvol1 writes:

GOT CHUCKY? GO VOLS!!

volfaninbuckeyeland writes:

in response to UTKin1992:

Supposed to start on ESPNNews at 7:10 and switch to ESPN2 when Clemson/NCS ends.

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to mdvol:

Can Dooley call the Frat House for some defensive players?

0-7 coming up

redskinvol1 writes:

SAL SUCKS!!

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

Keep Dooley, no matter what happens!

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

The battle of Tennesee, so exciting!

bcm4ut writes:

Dooley makes me sick. Our team is such a joke defensively. 70+ yards on the first play. Pathetic. Dooley looks like a beaten down man on the sideline.

mdvol writes:

Dooley doesn't look very stressed. I suppose he has $5,000,000 reasons not to be.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

Quickly please - I assumed ESPN 2 coverage to not be blacked out in my area? I have direct TV, Where can I actually see the game?

DavidB writes:

was blacked out in Johnson City area as well. Finally came on. Very odd in deed.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to DavidB:

Thanks David, I have it now also.

OleBubba writes:

Directv sucks . Just thought I'd throw that out there.

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

in response to titletownz:

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to OleBubba:

Directv sucks . Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I can't believe that I pay this much per month and still have trouble viewing one of three programs that I am actually interested in?

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

Tennessee fans having trouble navigating the remote control on DirecTv. Why is this not surprising. Have you dorks checked to make sure you have batteries in your remote? If that doesn't work, make sure the tv is actually turned on.

joevol33 writes:

Gonna be a long nt for us vol fan's i just hope they don't get blowed out

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

in response to joevol33:

Gonna be a long nt for us vol fan's i just hope they don't get blowed out

You should be used to it by now.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

Could be worse. I could have nothing better to do but post on a rival teams site. Just kidding. No one is that pathetic, are they?

moonpie-ellie writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

It was blacked out, dork, and just came on.

volpreacher writes:

I know we are not the greatest team but is it just me or is the refs really favoring Vandy.

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

I'm for a contract extension for Dooley, who's with me?!

HtownVol writes:

Vandy has already got away with 3 Pass Interference calls.

The refs wont help UT tonight. They get one call cuz it had to be called on a offside.

OleBubba writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

Your mom was over last night she must have stole the batteries out of my remote . By the way I think I hear her whistling for ya it's past your bed time.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to titletownz:

OHH, How cute. Tinytotz commented. Noticed that you all still haven't figured out how to count votes. Don't worry,much like the ability to read, it will sink in,eventually.

joevol33 writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

You should be used to it by now.

i don't know who u pull for but do they suck that bad that u have to post on a vol's site? Or do u?

6972 writes:

Let me say, I am glad we are not playing Texas A&M or Ole Miss tonight. I hope after the night is over I am glad we were playing Vandy.

Question: Anyone know now how many plays over 20 yards we have given up this year? Vandy up by 3. And the beat goes on.......

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

in response to titletownz:

I know, that was classic...lol

willtowin writes:

Dooley doesn't have a clue

UTKin1992 writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

Many have a hard time navigating your mom...

tensie2004 writes:

titletownz how is that national championship working out for you since that wooping you took by A & M last week. LOL

Clarkrm0706 writes:

Dang UT sucks. Still annoys me watching Vandy fans "talk smack" for the cameras. It is almost as sad as reading "Johnny come lately" FL fans declare fb statements. Truth? Dooley stinks. Also true? As bad as Dooley is, even he will not have a winless season. However, what school could? Oh yeah, FL.

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

in response to titletownz:

Oh...geez...Florida trolls with nothing better to do than comment repeatedly on an in-game thread of UT/Vandy.

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

The winner of this game probably gets the inside track on several 2-star recruits.

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

If you would run the ball on 3rd-and-5 when you're in 4-down territory, raise your hand. (mine's up)

UTKin1992 writes:

in response to titletownz:

There is no "I" in team. Although there is a "You" in c_nt.

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

in response to titletownz:

That's perfect...LOL

vol98champ writes:

Defense playing well. Need offense to arrive.

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

After one quarter, Vandy is the premiere program in the state of Tennessee.

tensie2004 writes:

in response to titletownz:

What was the famous comment Dale Earnhart used to say, "Second place is just the first LOSER." Your a loser and are just to dumb to know it. Crawl back under the rock where you sister gave birth to you.

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

Meanwhile, DC and little Z-boy continue to have the inside track on each other's prostates.

Vol1983 writes:

in response to Clarkrm0706:

Call Direct and complain. They lied to me saying it was blacked out because the game did not sell out. I said that wasn't true and that I was cancelling Direct TV tomorrow. I then hung up and the game was on 2 minutes later.

vol98champ writes:

Does Dooley demand that the offense sleeps when defense makes a stop?

6972 writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

As bright as you are, I am not suprised your parents called you son. You can tell a lot about a person by their speech. Time and therapy will help you. You hang in there and one day you will be able to control that caustic tongue and divisive spirit. Hope better days are ahead for you.

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

It's a sellout crowd. Over 41,000 on hand. Like a big high school.

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

Kentucky is licking their chops right now, at the idea of making it two in a row over UT.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

Bray is being manipulated by Vandy's secondary, he needs to check off quicker or implement the pump fake..JAT&GBO!

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to titletownz:

Maybe, but one could also suggest a loser is someone that steals an NFL namesake but is actually so disgusted by his own, he spends all his time on a rival teams site? Just a thought, Please feel free to explain....