Tennessee Stat Book
1. With a Whimper: That's how the 2012 season ends for these old border rivals. The Bang ship sailed earlier this month for both the Vols and Wildcats. Who has the most motivation left in the tank?
2. Big Blue Bully: Since school started in September, the Wildcats have beaten Tennessee twice in volleyball, once in soccer, finished ahead of UT in men's and women's cross country and in a women's golf tournament. Tennessee remains a naval power, prevailing in a swim meet.
3. Body Count: A chilly day featuring two teams that have failed to win a single SEC game between them and gotten their respective coaches fired could produce the lowest attendance in the expanded Neyland Stadium era. Other than parents, who will travel from Kentucky? Tennessee fans have been expressing their disenchantment since October.
4. One-Year Wonder: Junior Cordarrelle Patterson is likely to join Chuck Webb (1989) as a one-year wonder in Tennessee lore. Patterson is the first NCAA player since 2008 to score touchdowns four different ways in a season (rushing, receiving, kickoff return, punt return). His next "Top Plays" entry after today is expected to be in the NFL.
5. The Streak: It's gone the way of The Beer Barrel. Enough said.