Halftime: Tennessee 20, Kentucky 14

Tennessee wide receiver Vincent Dallas (6) runs the ball during the game against Kentucky at Neyland Stadium Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012. (ADAM BRIMER/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Adam Brimer

Tennessee defensive back Geraldo Orta (26) stops Kentucky wide receiver Demarco Robinson (9) during the first half at Neyland Stadium Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012.  (MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Michael Patrick

Tennessee defensive back Geraldo Orta (26) stops Kentucky wide receiver Demarco Robinson (9) during the first half at Neyland Stadium Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012. (MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL)

It's Tennessee 20, Kentucky 14 at halftime.

The Vols stretched their lead to 20-7 early in the second quarter on a 42-yard TD pass from Tyler Bray to Justin Hunter. The PAT was blocked.

Kentucky responded, though, when Jonathan George broke a 45-yard touchdown run that looked all too familiar to Tennessee fans.

Hunter then dropped what would have been a first-down catch in Kentucky territory and that was the Vols' last threat of the half.Bray passed 21 yards to Zach Rogers on the game's first possession, but Kentucky answered with a sustained drive. Alcoa's D.J. Warren scored on a 1-yard pass from Jalen Whitlow.

The Vols went ahead 14-7 on A.J. Johnson's 2-yard run, then later had a TD pass wiped off by a holding penalty on Tiny Richardson.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

SummittsCourt writes:

If Tennessee loses this game it's because the defense can't tackle! It's awful!

georgiavol91 writes:

Twenty minutes after this story was posted and I'm the first to commment. I guess that says it all for this year.....

UTKin1992 writes:

This is like watching a monkey hump a football.

volfaninbuckeyeland writes:

Even against Ky, it would appear no lead is safe. I wonder if Ky will have a season high offensive output today?

SummittsCourt writes:

4th & 11 and UT's D just got called for holding on an uncatchable pass.

georgiavol91 writes:

The defense is just half assing it out there. They don't care, the offense doesn't care, and the 5000 people in the stands dont' know why they showed up. Thanks for nothing, Dooley & Hamilton.

SummittsCourt writes:

UT's Defense is making UK look like a great offense. This is embarrassing.

hglover40#234154 writes:

Thanks Sal - you are terrible!!!
And poor Dooley was not to smart to think you could be a DC!!!

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

Does anyone in the country have a two game losing streak to Kentucky?

Colts_VolFan writes:

in response to volfaninbuckeyeland:

Quarterback is already having a career day.

BeRealistic writes:

The Vols have quit again.

Vol-Believr writes:

This is the sorriest defensive unit I believe we have ever had . I hope Dudley hasn't left yet so Turd Sosloppy can ride out with him .

oldbasshead writes:

I hope the band will get rid of the funeral dirge music next year and play more peppy music.

Colts_VolFan writes:

Given up on the run.

SummittsCourt writes:

At least Smokey is playing hard.

volfaninbuckeyeland writes:

Ky just kept the ball for half of the 3rd qtr. A couple of more unproductive UT possessions, and a 2nd consecutive loss to UK is looking a lot more possible.

Ironcity writes:

in response to Vol-Believr:

This is really hard to watch. Do the LBs ever cover anyone? I have to wonder how many defenders missed on the last tackle drill this week?

Ironcity writes:

Our WRs are the most over rated in UT history Patterson has never come back for the ball and Hunter treats it like a hot potato.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

Does anyone in the country have a two game losing streak to Kentucky?

Yes, Florida

hglover40#234154 writes:

shuda - wuda - kuda - Without Sal could we have won 8 - all for the best either way if we get a top notch coach. Dooley was learning on the job and for is fatal mistake in hiring Sal, may have survied to become a good coach someday!!

pingkr62 writes:

Everyone calm down. It's almost over.

stormblast writes:

in response to volfaninbuckeyeland:

The worst defense I have ever seen at Tennessee. Thankfully, this nightmare is coming to it's conclusion.

Does anyone know if this is statistically the worst defense in UT history? If not, when?

allvol8 writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

You are Dooley obsessed..

skyhawk836 writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

You are indeed at the very least, a foible.

shipperman#280095 writes:

Looking good now, we will be a step above the SEC cellar

mdvol writes:

The announcer just compared Tyler Bray to a young Tom Brady.

Wish we still had John Ward so I could just listen to his broadcast while watching it on TV.

RichmondKyVol writes:

in response to oldbasshead:

Funeral music is appropriate at this point.

skyhawk836 writes:

They just listed Mike MacIntyre as a possible replacement at UK. He is excellent. Wish he had a shot at our job. But, with us replacing a non-BCS guy now, it won't happen.
But, Mike is a great coach.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to allvol8:

You are Dooley obsessed..

He and another like him. They hid it for a while by saying "When Dooley is finally fired, I will stop bashing" The excuse is gone, nothing but obsession left for the two of them.

skyhawk836 writes:

in response to shipperman#280095:

Looking good now, we will be a step above the SEC cellar

Two steps when Bama beats Auburn.
We're number 12, we're number 12!!!!!

pingkr62 writes:

in response to allvol8:

You are Dooley obsessed..

Don't worry, if the next coach isn't Fulmer, he will be obsessed with him as well.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to skyhawk836:

You are indeed at the very least, a foible.

And a coward as well.

6972 writes:

I am looking up the definition for the word
"LACKLUSTER" Yeah, we are winning but there doesn't seem to be any passion &no fire.

I just heard Andre Ware compare TB to Tom Brady! I need a hearing aid adjustment.

Well, Ware knows more about the game than I do. He was a Quarterback Heisman trophy winner.

hglover40#234154 writes:

Sal, Oh Sal, Xs and Os did escape you

Sal, Oh Sal, OC(s) did take you and rake you

Sal, Oh Sal, every QB(s) pal

Sal, Oh Sal, your players will miss you
like a tackle.

Sal, Oh Sal, they looked better last year without you

Sal, Oh Sal, Dooley you did fool, but everyone else knew - a DC you are not

Sal, Oh Sal, I would have fired after the Ga game!!

shipperman#280095 writes:

I agree the Dooley bashing needs to cease. The proper move was made, so leave the guy alone. He took a job any of us would have for the money

Rock85 writes:

GRUDEN!!!!! Except nothing less VOL FANS...NOT THIS TIME ps YOU WONT HAVE TO....

Clarkrm0706 writes:

Seriously, are we on track for some kind of missed tackles record?

SummittsCourt writes:

in response to Rock85:

He is not interested, can't you get that through your head?

SummittsCourt writes:

in response to Ironcity:

What game are you watching? Patterson is a beast and YOU will miss him next season as we all will.

Show-me-your-TDs writes:

in response to Rock85:

There are some other big time pro coaches out there we can look at as well...
Jack Del Rio could recruit the crapola out of Florida

6972 writes:

in response to UTKin1992:

This is like watching a monkey hump a football.

Give me moment, while I try to visualize that.

shipperman#280095 writes:

in response to SummittsCourt:

He is not interested, can't you get that through your head?

Would you care to make a bet on that?

SummittsCourt writes:

37-17 5 minutes left, yet I still can't relax.

Ironcity writes:

in response to SummittsCourt:

Patterson is great with the ball in his hands but watch his pattern running,its been awful all year. Last week his crappy route running gave Vandy 14 pts. Today he ran away from a very catchable pass early. Now here in the 4th he ahs made two good plays but that only frustrates me because you can see the talent.
He really needs to come back and get some good coaching but I doubt he will. I also doubt you hear his name at all at the next level except on kick returns.

SummittsCourt writes:

in response to shipperman#280095:

Would you care to make a bet on that?

yes I would. He will not be the next head coach at UT.

shipperman#280095 writes:

in response to SummittsCourt:

yes I would. He will not be the next head coach at UT.

You will find out in a day or two...Make the amount easy on yourself

SummittsCourt writes:

in response to Ironcity:

I guess you are right, Mel Kiper must be wrong too since he is #1 on his Junior WR list.

Ironcity writes:

in response to SummittsCourt:

Will see where he is drafted. All that talent and so few catches. Film doesn't lie. Kid has talent but in the NFL it takes more then talent.

SummittsCourt writes:

in response to shipperman#280095:

You will find out in a day or two...Make the amount easy on yourself

If you know something, share it - otherwise shut up!

SummittsCourt writes:

in response to Ironcity:

I hope against hope he does come back. More playing time will help him no doubt and help the Vols next season.