Vols' Darrington Sentimore: 'I want to beat Saban'

Tennessee defensive lineman Darrington Sentimore (94) touches Mississippi State quarterback Tyler Russell (17) causing him to fall for a sack in the third quarter at Davis Wade Stadium in Starkville, Miss., Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012. (ADAM BRIMER/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Adam Brimer, Knoxville News Sentinel

Tennessee players on facing #1 Alabama

Is a "moral victory" acceptable against Alabama?

See the results »

View previous polls »

KNOXVILLE - Tennessee defensive end Darrington Sentimore, who started his career at Alabama, stoked this week’s rivalry with his comments about Tide coach Nick Saban this morning.

Sentimore, who left Alabama for junior college before landing at Tennessee this summer, didn’t hide his feelings about Saban or his “regrets” for going to Alabama in the first place.

“I want this game more than any other game because I want to beat Saban,” Sentimore said.

Sentimore said his personality didn’t mesh with Saban’s.

"He'll see you in the hallway and walk right past you like he doesn't see you,” Sentimore said.

Sentimore, a native of Norco, La., has a team-high three sacks and four tackles for loss this year.

bobbarbilly writes:

A noble goal which should be on the hearts and minds of the whole team.

CoverOrange writes:

Interesting, same comment some La Tech player said about Dooley when he was there. Saban like in every way except the important one.

OrangePsyched writes:

Dude part of me says don't poke the bear,then part of me says we got nothing to lose. I've expected us to when every game this year but after last week playing that bad with 2 wks. to prepare..I just want to keep it respectable.

bfowler1161#262198 writes:

Big Man, you and your fellow DL's get off blocks and disrupt the offense, then we might have a chance.

15_counting writes:

Alabama football: Darrington Sentimore, Keiwone Malone suspended indefinitely; Robby Green dismissed!

Enough said loser! More disappointment headed your way this weekend!

bbmon13#478091 writes:

Well, he may not look at you, but it is pretty obvious that he can coach you - so good luck Darrington - your defensive coach may look you in the eye on every play, every day, but what he's having you do isn't working to the tune of 40 points per game....

Go play the game - we'll get a good defensive coach next year with the new staff - just hang in there....

TooDlems writes:

While you're being so forth coming Darrington, please tell us why Saban suspended you during the week of the Iron Bowl.

SEAL_9821 writes:

Be prepared to back that talk up big boy. There is a reason Saban wins championships and that is he is not your friend...HE IS YOUR COACH!!! If we had more of that around here, we may not be wondering who our next HC will be.

navarrebeachvol writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Enough said loser! More disappointment headed your way this weekend!

Actually, the definition of a loser is someone who has nothing better to do than post on a rival’s website 24/7. Have no job? Have no wife? Have no children? No worries, come on over to govols.com and make yourself feel good. Pathetic.
Thankfully, the majority of Bama fans I know have a lot more class than the pathetic sidewalk Bama fans who show up here EVERY day. We know you didn’t graduate from Bama, have you ever actually attended a game? Can you afford to attend a game? 14 and counting until you are 15?

rtrchatt writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Enough said loser! More disappointment headed your way this weekend!

14, maybe DS will sell those championship rings he "earned" at UA. Once in the doghouse
you have one foot out the door under CNS. Champions on and off the field and the numbers speak for themselves. Roll Tide and enjoy the game. Its a great day in WKnoxv.

smokysbark writes:

I know every coach has their own style and lets players do certain things or forbid certain things. I hate when players spout off in the media! It absolutely serves no purpose. I want them to punch the clock, go to work, give 'em hell for 60 minutes and leave the showboating and arrogant comments for the locker room. You haven't done anything to deserve media attention yet ... get back to work!

gatorhator4eva writes:

im getting physched for this game. our team looks focused, even thoug we lost our last two. i would put alabama on upset alert. they are overmatched at the corner position with patterson and hunter. although they will likely be double teamed all night, bama defense will have a hard time keeping up with the elusive rogers and "pig" howard when they are all on the field. alabama's offense is ok and not that impressive. i expect a high scoring game, but tennessee's offense is twice as explosive as bamas. tennessee can win if there defense can come out and play like they know they can

oldbasshead writes:

Sentimore's comment is interesting. A LaTech player said the same thing about Dooley recently as an explanation for why LaTech was doing better under the current coaching staff. Apparently, a team can excel even if the head coach is not a touchy-filly coach.

VolinCalif writes:

Gator
I do think we have some outstanding players, but there is a thing called "The Big Head". We are not playing up to our ability, not in any game this year with maybe the exception of NCS.Just maybe we should stoop patting these guys on the back until they prove something on the field. Our Oline has done their share of improving and so has the RB's, But I don't really see improvement oat other positions. I think the Def has a small excuse in that they have to master a very difficult formation and new positions. They have also been jerked around a lot this year. New people at key positions each week that doesn't make stability. Sal needs to bite the bullet and settle on his starting line-up and stay with it. At least the guys will get their alignment down and things should improve. So sets stop bragging until we do something good. then give away the bones.

15_counting writes:

in response to navarrebeachvol:

Actually, feeling how upset you are is what makes it so good!

Haven't missed a game this year (including Michigan in Dallas). Will not make the game this weekend. My daugher-in-law will be induced at 5am tomorrow with the birth of my first grandson.

And yes! It will be 15 very soon!

Smokey91 writes:

Great. All Bama needed was some poster board material. Okay pal, back it up and shut down the Tide's running attack.

snuffysmiff writes:

in response to Smokey91:

Poster board material is for underdogs. Alabama doesn't need poster board material.

arkyvol writes:

he wants to beat saban? i wanted them to beat meyer. hell, i'd even settle for a win against muschamp. considering our head coach, maybe even against phillips.

navarrebeachvol writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Actually, feeling how upset you are is what makes it so good!

And yes! It will be 15 very soon!

believe me, arse-clowns like yourself do not upset me. I feel kind of sorry for you. a grandfather making juvenile comments all day long on a Tennessee forum?? Wow. PS: the 14 and counting until you are 15 referred to your mentality, not mythical championships. moron. Congrats are in order. Let us know if the baby comes out with a mullet.

TooDlems writes:

in response to CaptainCaveman:

With your spelling and grammar, I can tell you were tutored by Linda Bensel-Meyer herself.

pcshowtime writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Enough said loser! More disappointment headed your way this weekend!

Buddy I do not get it. You have got A Championship team why are you here. If I were you I would be on roll tide sites talking about my BCS standing.
I know from 1995-2001 I did not go on the bama sites and post things like:
The only way to get freddy kitchens to score is to put and open six pack in the end zone.
Be a good boy and go back to your side of the sanbox.

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Actually, feeling how upset you are is what makes it so good!

And yes! It will be 15 very soon!

By the time your grandson is 15, he still won't know who his real dad is.

Central_IL_Vol writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Enough said loser! More disappointment headed your way this weekend!

Your mamma is still allowing you to use her computer and live in the double wide I see. Is your mamma still married to her brother and smoking like a freight train? I hear you and your sister have a wedding coming up; are you two love birds building a lean-to against your mamma's D/W, or are you going into the woods to build?

TooDlems writes:

in response to CaptainCaveman:

You're too young to know who or what I'm talking about.

Central_IL_Vol writes:

in response to navarrebeachvol:

I have yet to meet a Bammer MORON with an ounce of class! 14-and-a-drop-out is a prime example of the Bammer UPDYKES!

Central_IL_Vol writes:

in response to pcshowtime:

I know from 1995-2001 I did not go on the bama sites and post things like:
Be a good boy and go back to your side of the sanbox.

This MORON shows just what a low class of folk make up the Bammer Moron Nation!

Central_IL_Vol writes:

in response to rtrchatt:

Another CLASSLESS Bammer Moron rears his UGLY head! Don't you mullet-heads have a tree to poison, a passed out fan to sexually molest, some drugs to sell, a fan to shoot or a goat to hump?

Grow up and get a life and a job, if that is possible for you uneducated, Harvey Updyke-looking, toothless wonders!

Central_IL_Vol writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Actually, feeling how upset you are is what makes it so good!

And yes! It will be 15 very soon!

If you are going to be a grandfather, you are old enough to no better than to be a troll. Does it make you feel good to be a troll? Do you go bragging to ther other Bammer Morons? I wonder what your grandson would think in a few years when he is playing for the Vols and finds out his class grandad ws a Bammer Troll!

You are a PATHETIC HUMAN BEING!

Colts_VolFan writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Actually, feeling how upset you are is what makes it so good!

And yes! It will be 15 very soon!

Congrats on the birth of your grandchild/child/cousin.

TKO writes:

Hit like a bull, run like the wind.
GO VOLS BEAT BAMA!!!!!

decades_vol (Inactive) writes:

What I hope for most of all this year: an LSU-South Carolina rematch in the Georgia Dome. Two other teams are way too low on my list.

JWilly writes:

DS left Alabama because NS didn't speak to him in the hallway???? Wow..sensitive guy!

Central_IL_Vol writes:

in response to navarrebeachvol:

PRICELESS!

licknpromise777#651578 writes:

Sentimore will have to play the game of his life or show some moves we haven't seen before..The left side of Bama's Oline looks like 370 lb Gorillas in pads! I swear the left tackle looks like he has a wing span of 12 feet..Good luck running by this guy

ds4151 writes:

DS needs to grow a pair... That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing my two favorite teams face off, no matter which side wins.

Roll Tide and Go Vols!