Father: 'Blatantly false' information led to brief decommitment of Jannah Tucker

Jannah Tucker

Photo by Jen Rynda

Jannah Tucker

Jannah Tucker might end up being a Tennessee Lady Vol after all.

A day after the 6-foot women's basketball guard from Randallstown, Md., withdrew her commitment from UT and reopened her recruitment, her father, Robert, said via text message that, "Jannah still loves Holly (Warlick) and UT."

Robert Tucker went on to say that he was working with the first-year Lady Vols head coach and her staff to resolve the issues that led to Tuesday's decision.

"Unfortunately, we were bombarded with blatantly false and misleading information from the outside,'' he said, "and I regrettably overreacted. My actions caused this and I am working to get it resolved."

Robert went on to say, "Holly and her staff had nothing to do with it and are not at fault in any way. They have remained extremely professional and supportive and I regret that I caused this confusion and distraction."

Get Copyright Permissions © 2012, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

BigOrangeSports writes:

So wonder what drivel/lies Geno was telling them?

Ayres_Hall writes:

Sabotage by a former disgruntled employee of the athletics department?

voloffaith writes:

My my my....did competition spread rumors? No way in the professional world anyone would do that to persuade someone to change their mind.....Glad to hear that we were still standing by our commitment even with the ACL issue....Father sounds to be classy by admitting mistake....next time rumor comes out call and ask Vol coaches first and avoid the potential egg on the face

burpee_von_rotweiler_IV writes:

"Drama Dad" means nothing but trouble down the road. Walk away from her.

volnsc writes:

in response to burpee_von_rotweiler_IV:

"Drama Dad" means nothing but trouble down the road. Walk away from her.

You have to be concerned about the possibility of it.

skyhawk836 writes:

Come on to Knoxville, Jannah.
Would love to see you play.

VolzsFan writes:

in response to BigOrangeSports:

So wonder what drivel/lies Geno was telling them?

thedawg37659 writes:

@ VolsFan Has The HOTS For Geno !!!!

thedawg37659 writes:

@ VolzsFan Has The HOTS For Geno !!!!

Central_IL_Vol writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

You are a MORON of the highest order; SCUMBAG TROLL from UConned!

usafvol writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

Are you really as stupid as you appear? After reading some of your previous posts, I think the answer is YES! Listen little boy, it's obvious you really need attention to stroke your pathetic little ego. You're obviously a tit baby who can't seem to grow up..

RatherBeDrivingaTitleist writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

Integrity is the most important thing to Pat Summitt. Geno crossed a line too many times in recruiting that Pat could not ignore. By the way, UT won the last 3 games against Ucon-man.

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

in response to usafvol:

I agree with everything you said and it reminded me of what my sales manager told me years ago when I started selling insurance, "you can't protect people against stupidity." Mr. Tucker seems like an extremely honorable man and I take him at his word.

voloffaith writes:

in response to burpee_von_rotweiler_IV:

"Drama Dad" means nothing but trouble down the road. Walk away from her.

"Drama Dad's" don't apologize...so I think he skips that category.....how about a dad wanting the best for his daughter and got bad info...he said he overreacted and apologized...Controlling "drama dads" don't do that as a general rule....

Razor784 writes:

This is excellent news, maybe she can still become a Lady Vol. If Holly can get Davis, Harper, and Russell also this could wind up being the best recruiting class in Lady Vols history.

SneakyPete writes:

I like the strength that Jannah Tucker brings to the table. She scores after contact and has a terric mid-range game. Glad we held on to her. Put in several more pieces and we'll be set.

GiveHim6TDTennessee writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

You know, the city of Knoxville picks up trash once a week. Do us all a favor and stand in front of your house until they come. They'll take your sorry self to where you belong.

madrigal writes:

Maybe Illinois was trying to get her back. Their team has been sorry enough to need some good players.

SummittsCourt writes:

Dad manned up and took responsibility. Good for him, now let's hope the daughter recommits to UT.

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

All Geno should do is bow down to Pat and thank her for the opportunity SHE gave him, when she made women's basketball relevant enough for a job like his to exist and pay him what it does.

Tell me something, did Geno ever had to drive his team to their games or wash their uniforms for them?

springtx_vol writes:

in response to 10seVol85_Part_Deux:

I am sure that Geno knows all of this and admits it in private. No, I don't expect him to admit it in public. His daughter, however, surely recognizes it. I don't have the link, but this site has previously linked to her blog where she ripped people for some of the attitudes against Pat Summit.

murrayvol writes:

in response to Ayres_Hall:

Sabotage by a former disgruntled employee of the athletics department?

Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

VOLsince68 writes:

in response to SummittsCourt:

Are we sure this hasn't already been resolved?? It should be a moot point......hopefully. :)

GBO VFL!!!

volfan2002 writes:

Let us hope it is all resolved Tennessee is a great place for any athlete.

in response to VolzsFan:

Wrong; the Lady Vols beat UConn three out of the last four times they played.

vettefool writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

why do people respond to post such as this. he lives in his mom's basement and works at mcdonalds. chicken filet wouldn't hire him.
just ignor and go on.

in response to SummittsCourt:

I agree about Jannah's Dad. If he were just a garden-variety blowhard and master of his daughter's fate, he would not have gone so far with his apology. Some parents quite reasonably go a little nuts as the recruiting pressures a big-time player experiences pile up higher and higher on her or him. I hope Jannah comes to UT, but either way I have much more respect for her and her dad than I did before.

volboy81 writes:

it was probably something John Adams wrote. Hes real fond of making bad stuff up about UT.

orangecountyvols writes:

Vols,

We can all pretty much conclude this so-called Volszfan is a roach on this site. He sticks the Vols onto his screen name to garner a little attention.........posing as one of us. We know the jerk is a troll, sneaking in under the radar pretending to be for Tennessee. Kinda' weird isn't he?

BTW, how many screen names has this clown had to date?

martinvol34 writes:

in response to VOLsince68:

GBO VFL!!!

considering the untimeliness of prior articles, you are right on about this being a moot point. Unfortunately we can't "mute" these idiot writers sometimes.

tovolny writes:

All I can say is that I will never forget the "secret remarks" made by Geno involving the Maya Moore recruitment. He has since smoothed it over...but really, it was something that can never fade entirely.

volinlm writes:

in response to volnsc:

You have to be concerned about the possibility of it.

Maybe he's just trying to protect his daughter. The recruiting wars are pretty crazy for the top players. Witness UConn.

VolsFan4Lyfe writes:

I wonder if Holly and company got a good idea that maybe some of those commits this weekend are almost ready to commit would she offer her scholarship back? If Davis, Harper, and Scaife say we are in...Do you give her the scholarship back and still sign two posts? Or do you sign the 3 and take two posts leaving room for 2-3 scholarships for 2014? Im going to take her back because she is a (I know I am going to catch some flack) Diana Taurasi type player! Her build is like DT's BUT she has handles like Alana Beard for Duke. Not a bad combo have her on one wing and Davis on another. That is straight craziness! Then have Tyler Scaife dishin dimes to them and Russell that would be any PG's dream because you can rack up assists along with having a bounty of scoring oppurtunities!

Theo writes:

Don't see drama dad just probably a protective dad. Can't blame that. Obviously some slimey coach tried to muddy the waters. Really glad dad talked with UT and hopefully we will be back on with Jannah. I'm sure the injury has made Jannah and her dad a little anxious.
Rehab up girl - you will look great in orange!

NorthwestVol writes:

A dad stands up and accepts responsibility for his mistake. Nice. Makes me want to see this young lady in orange more than ever.

VolFanInTheBoro (Inactive) writes:

in response to orangecountyvols:

Vols,

BTW, how many screen names has this clown had to date?

what did he write

oldster writes:

Dad must be a hell of a man. It takes one to admit not only his mistake, but to admit that he over-reacted.

Theo writes:

in response to oldster:

And the choir says amen!

VolsFan4Lyfe writes:

in response to Element_Days_Are_Over:

Obviously you care because you commented...

jumboliyah writes:

So....who told him what? Let's talk about the basis for the story...this story is just more rumor and innuendo.

jumboliyah writes:

Oh, I forgot that would require investigative journalism...which has been banned at the KNS.