Stallings suspends Vanderbilt's Parker

Tennessee guard Trae Golden (11) scores ahead of Vanderbilt guard Dai-Jon Parker, right, in the first half of an NCAA college basketball game on Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012, in Nashville, Tenn. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)

Photo by AP Photo / Mark Humphrey, AP2012

NASHVILLE - Vanderbilt sophomore Dai-Jon Parker has been suspended indefinitely from the men’s basketball team for a violation of non-academic policy, according to a statement released by the university on Tuesday.

“Dai-Jon failed to uphold the high standard that we expect of a Vanderbilt basketball player and will be disciplined accordingly,” coach Kevin Stallings said.

The Commodores play their first of two exhibitions game on Friday and open their season on Nov. 10 at home against Nicholls State.

Parker (6-3, 190) was projected to begin this season as the starting shooting guard.

Continue reading at The Tennessean.

Wow! Looks like Vandy's already bare cupboard got even barer, at least for a while. The Vols had just better make sure the 'Dores don't rise from the dead against them! Stranger things have happened, I suppose, but it looks like they are in for quite a dry spell this season.

Theo writes:

What?! What?! God's own team had a bad apple? No, absolutely not. Vanderbilt never has kids who misbehave. It is only all those other schools - particularly those to the East - who bring in less than stellar citizens.
Feel bad for the kid losing this opportunity over probably numbskull actions but do like having a little something to poke at West End Senior High.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to Theo:

I confess to a love hate sort of thing with Vandy. I lived in and around Nashville several years and love the area. I lived there when Will Purdue played. I can't say who else was on that team and wasn't a huge fan but I watched a few games.

That said...I hope we beat the living ____
out of them this year. Poor it on 'em Vols.

btw good luck to their player that's been caught at whatever. We always hope the best for these kids who use poor judgement and some times just poor moral character. Don't know in this case but you gotta let kids learn hard if they don't listen hard.

brod writes:

a vandy player...suspended...haha haha ha.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to brod:

a vandy player...suspended...haha haha ha.

I'm guessing he got the extra credit question wrong on a test.

Katphan29 writes:

I want Vandy to be good - UK needs a team besides UF to challenge it so it can get ready for a run to the national championship. I hope he comes back soon.

in response to Katphan29:

Love how you dismiss the Vols in all this, since nobody has as much experience and firepower returning. We'll see what you have to say as the season goes on.

And, BTW, who kidnapped the real Katphan29? You used to have some amusing, even informative, things to say, but now it's just garden-variety troll trash. What gives?

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to johnlg00:

While I'm not certain I'd classify Kat tin29 as a troll I do find it very irritating that the blue kitties are fan sure of a NC this season.

in response to mocsandvolsfan:

He's surely not the worst of the lot--yet, at least--but a good deal closer to them than he seemed to be last season. Maybe he's had a stretch in Big Blue Loyalty/Hate Everybody Else Camp. As for your other point, I just find it amusing that since they won the lottery once up there under Cal's regime, they think they have the right to hit it again and again and again....