Vols quarterbacks must lead

Tennessee quarterback Justin Worley looks for an open teammate during the Orange and White game at Neyland Stadium Saturday, April 20, 2013. (ADAM BRIMER/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Adam Brimer

KNOXVILLE — When pressed about who'd he pick to be his starting quarterback if Tennessee had a real game to play, Butch Jones said he needed more time.

Justin Worley and Nathan Peterman will have plenty of it to prove they're worthy of the keys to the Tennessee coach's first team.

With 15 spring practices in the book, the Volunteers' quarterback competition changes its course toward the summer months, when the coaches disappear, leadership becomes paramount and two new faces join the fray.

Continue reading at the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

69grad writes:

Do we having a running game yet?

volforeverandever writes:

Wow , a quarterback that can lead. We haven't had that recently.Sure would be nice.

tovolny writes:

Who'd...?...? So few words and so little time.

Walk right in, sit right down, baby let your hair hang down.

The excitement lingers.

voloffaith writes:

in response to tovolny:

Who'd...?...? So few words and so little time.

Walk right in, sit right down, baby let your hair hang down.

The excitement lingers.

So "few words" can be a blessing in disguise....name the artist without Googling....excitement lingering???

pcorange writes:

Hopefully one of the two freshmen coming in will show some promise.

UTKin1992 writes:

I'm love'n it!

CarlChilders writes:

in response to voloffaith:

I believe it was recorded in the 90's for the Forrest Gump soundtrack. Just kidding. I could make a token guess, but I won't.

VFL_Troll_Patrol writes:

I was there at the spring game Saturday and I wasn't to impressed with some things. I hope these freshmen can get in gear to help the Vols to a winning season. Im worried but also excited!

"A new leader" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4xteY...
*Im always watching*

jack4444 writes:

Why Bray and Butch Jones were never a good fit:

"Name me a good football team whose quarterback wasn't a great leader," Jones said. "Usually your average to below average teams, the quarterback brings no leadership value. Everything is at quarterback as the coach on the field."

spvol writes:

in response to voloffaith:

The Rooftop Singers. Late '50's or early '60's as best I remember. Some good guitar work too.

ModelMaker writes:

I really like what coach Jones is doing. In my opinion it will be just a question of time and he will have this team turned around. I really like the way this guy thinks. I am really looking forward to watching them play next year. If I was a player I would be worried that I might be left out of something rather than going to the beach or throwing bear bottles at cars.