Walk-on Brett Dockery has left program

Tennessee walk-on freshman offensive lineman Brett Dockery has left the program, school officials confirmed Wednesday night.

Dockery, a former standout at Farragut High School, accepted a walk-on opportunity with the Vols over scholarship offers from Football Championship Subdivision schools Chattanooga and McNeese State. He was rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports.

The Vols also announced the addition of walk-on freshman tight end Greg Tisho of Swain County High School in Cherokee, N.C. He will wear No. 89.

The 6-fooo-2, 232-pound Tisho had 66 catches for a school-record 1,441 yards his senior season.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2013, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

jopad writes:

Swain County is in Bryson City, not Cherokee. It gave the Vols the Schuler brothers.

GreerVol22 writes:

Don't you mean Walk-Off??

proudveteran writes:

The TE Tisho is a winner. He played on a NC state championship high school team. He has character, scholarship and leadership and will earn a scholarship by next year.His only problem was playing for a small high school in the "boon docks" and never getting attention. Coach Jones has a way of finding winners and this kid will be one of them.

Henley-Street-Bridge writes:

in response to jopad:

correct by someone smart :).. Cherokee, NC is on Federal lands in trust to the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, and it's land actually covers two counties; Swain and Jackson (the latter who ran them off in 1836, except the ones left). Cherokee has a very good team generally in their smaller division, Heath Schuler's family lived south of Cherokee in Swain County where he played his high school ball.

The Vols also go another player I see from Cherokee County (which is Murphy-Andrews area) the same county that produced Carl Pickens for Tennessee, 1/2 black 1/2 Cherokee.

GO VOLS

volfan#207874 writes:

in response to jopad:

Hmmm....I thought that Bryson City was in Swain County, instead of Swain County in Bryson City.
But...whatta I know? I'm just an 82 year old codger from the hills of Seymour and have been a Vol rooter for more years than most of you have been aware that there is a team that wears the Power T. Actually I did know that you made a simple typo and are forgiven, just wanted to yank your chain a wee bit. As a teenager, I attended my first game at Neyland Stadium (not so named at that time) in 1948 (I believe) against Duke.games were reported as being played On Shields-Watkins Field, not Neyland Stadium. And the stadium held a little of 10,000 fans. Ah, for the days of my youth.
GBO
Love y'all

madmaxvol writes:

in response to volfan#207874:

GBO
Love y'all

I believe they meant that Swain County High School is in Bryson City rather than Cherokee.

aspenvol2 writes:

Sorry all. Jayson Swain is from rocket city, USA - Huntsville, AL

CarrieM writes:

And it's Shuler, not Schuler.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

A walk-on has about 1 in 100 chance to break into the lineup and earn a scholarship at a university like UT. Good luck to this young man, but it takes intestinal fortitude/determination to make it as a Walk-on. There aren't that many Rudy's in the world.

Shake_Bake writes:

You have to give him some credit, at least he gave it a shot. Most kids wouldn't even try. Good luck young man!

CauseIcan writes:

in response to volfan#207874:

GBO
Love y'all

The field is still Shields-Watkins.

jopad writes:

in response to madmaxvol:

Thank you madmaxvol, that is what I meant.

Orange_Beach writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

A "university like UT", are you kidding me? You need to lay off the Jack sister. Do you even have a clue about what's going on in knocksville? I mean your world beating heisman trophy candidate qb comes out as a junior for the draft and doesn't even get drafted. Your defense couldn't stop Troy or anybody else. And then you compare this story to RUDY. Has your husband even tried to explain the game to you?

arkyvol writes:

was he any relation to rex dockery, former lineman for the vols in the early 60's,and later head coach at texas tech and memphis state? (killed in a plane crash in the early 80's) from bradley county.

utvolfan1955 writes:

in response to Orange_Beach:

and yet you are still trolling this site. scum bag