Poll: How many wins will the Vols have this season?

How many wins will the Vols have this season?

See the results »

View previous polls »

How many wins will the Vols have this season?

Get Copyright Permissions © 2013, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

JonGrudensAgent writes:

Best to get our heads wrapped around another bowless season with five wins.

Far too many holes to fill on this team to be competitive in the SEC this year.

NYCApple writes:

DawgDay is a Doosh.

underthehill writes:

I think Jones will maintain Vol fan support regardless of the Win Loss record..but I don't see any way to win more than 6..

GloryDays writes:

in response to JonGrudensAgent:

Best to get our heads wrapped around another bowless season with five wins.

Far too many holes to fill on this team to be competitive in the SEC this year.

Let's just cancel the season? I know the Vols aren't the most talented team in the SEC but don't sell them and coach Jones short. All you negative trolls will be surprised. Tennessee is on the rise!

tmcretired writes:

Seven or better I think the coach is going to keep them up this season. Keep the Faith

Colts_VolFan writes:

in response to NYCApple:

DawgDay is a Doosh.

I would go so far as to say "The Double Doosh".

JonGrudensAgent writes:

in response to GloryDays:

You sunshine pumpers never get old.

Same story, different year.

The talent isn't there so we will just ignore it and slam anyone who doesn't buy into the hype. But I bet you will be one of the first to bail on the season once it does go south.

NINEisgonnabeFINE writes:

in response to NYCApple:

DawgDay is a Doosh.

Check your spelling.

Colts_VolFan writes:

in response to NINEisgonnabeFINE:

Check your spelling.

NYCApple writes:

in response to NINEisgonnabeFINE:

Check your spelling.

clemvol writes:

7 Wins easy, no doubt. Any disagreement speak up.

NINEisgonnabeFINE writes:

in response to NYCApple:

My Mom? Really?

Gotta love that ut classiness.

I think you have crossed the line here.

What do you think Mr. Moderator?

Bye.

NINEisgonnabeFINE writes:

in response to clemvol:

7 Wins easy, no doubt. Any disagreement speak up.

5 maybe 6

It comes down to how many can ut win against MO, Auburn, Vandy and KY.

The other games are slam dunk wins or losses. The question is by how much. I think WKU will give ut a good game. Oregon might hang 60 on this defense. Then ut has a short week and it's off to God's Country for what I believe will not even be close. Way too much defense especially after coming from the west coast. ut has no shot against 'Bama. SC's defense will devour that inept offense. Not a chance ut's offense can stay with UGS's high scoring machine.

Sweep MO, Auburn, Vandy, and UK and you might be right.

NYCApple writes:

in response to NINEisgonnabeFINE:

My Mom? Really?

Gotta love that ut classiness.

I think you have crossed the line here.

What do you think Mr. Moderator?

Bye.

Bravo Nine. Albeit your "classless" remarks aren't made so surreptitiously... You can pull up folks' comment history. You my friend aren't so innocent. Thought you might like folks communicating with you, as you do...the lowest common denominator.

Shake_Bake writes:

I don't know. I'm hoping for at least six but we will see. I would love to see the VOLS get a major upset this year. Win a game that we are not supposed too.

Short of a miracle, I don't think it will be Alabama, Oregon, or Florida. However I do believe we have a shot at picking off either Georgia or South Carolina! We have both of them in Knoxville.

Georgia has a great offense, but their defense won't be that good. South Carolina has a very good defense,...but their offense isn't very good. Both are susectable to an upset IF we can catch a few breaks.

I'm just ready for this thing to get going! GBO!!!

NYCApple writes:

in response to NINEisgonnabeFINE:

My Mom? Really?

Gotta love that ut classiness.

I think you have crossed the line here.

What do you think Mr. Moderator?

Bye.

Awww... Your feelings were hurt, posting annoying dribble on an opposing teams fan site. Gotta love that Nineissofine mental toughness.

NYCApple writes:

in response to NINEisgonnabeFINE:

My Mom? Really?

Gotta love that ut classiness.

I think you have crossed the line here.

What do you think Mr. Moderator?

Bye.

Somebody get NINE a candy cane, or a sucker.... Wipe it's tears away.

clemvol writes:

in response to NINEisgonnabeFINE:

5 maybe 6

It comes down to how many can ut win against MO, Auburn, Vandy and KY.

Sweep MO, Auburn, Vandy, and UK and you might be right.

I see specifically the following wins: Austin Peay, Western Kentucky, Missouri, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and.......South Carolina. Law of averages idicate it's time for a turn and i can't help believe the turn is coming. Bring it.

NINEisgonnabeFINE writes:

in response to clemvol:

If law of average was a factor, don't you think ut would have beaten UF at least once in the last eight tries?

Whatever works for you.

Brought it.

clemvol writes:

in response to NINEisgonnabeFINE:

Whatever works for you.

Brought it.

You are correct on Florida. Finally, somebody that knows how to bring it. Still looking at 7 wins though. Time will tell.

62vol writes:

A possible bowl game and a win there would change things. Is the poll based on 12 or 13 games? The coaching quality is more of a factor this year than most. Our talent is just good enough to win some of the toss-ups if the guys get coached up to be technique good and mistake free. Game day management will be another factor. The speeded up offense should change the odds against some of the toss up games.
The actual key injuries to us and others will change things some. The loss of a quarterback will probably hurt some team in the SEC this year. The 4 toss up games can be won by superior coaching and those games will test CBJ more than the team.

orangecountyvols writes:

in response to JonGrudensAgent:

You sunshine pumpers never get old.

Same story, different year.

And Mr. troll, what will you say if things don't go as you hope? What if the Vols do indeed make you look like the blow hard you are, win games instead of losing them as you are known to forever prognosticate?

If things don't pan out as you seem to be so certain they will, do in fact crawl back in here at season's end and we'll observe the change in conversation from one know it all troll.

NYCApple writes:

in response to NINEisgonnabeFINE:

Whatever works for you.

Brought it.

You are so clever. ... So you probably remember the Pell years, the 79 Campaign, etc at FU.

NYCApple writes:

And did you actually refer to the FU game weekend as a trip to "God's Country" in another post? Check the BLS, Uniform Crime Logs regarding violent crimes etc etc...I mean, wow....

JonGrudensAgent writes:

in response to orangecountyvols:

Think you have been sampling too much of the local product out there in sunny Cali buddy.

Only thing I hope for is a win every time out for the Vols but I have enough common sense to realize that won't happen with this roster against the level of competition they'll be facing.

That's the problem with morons like yourself, you can't help but set Jones up to fail with expectations from the 1990's.

Then you're the ones back tracking, changing your stories, and throwing players and coaches under the bus at the first sign of adversity.

GloryDays writes:

7 Wins? Lets count them:
Austin Peay
Western Kentucky
South Alabama
Missouri
Auburn
Kentucky
Vandy

All 7 games could/should be won.
Signature win? Georgia, Florida, South Carolina?