Popular website says UT has '5th ugliest uniform'

Screen grab from gizmodo.com.

Gizmodo.com

Screen grab from gizmodo.com.

Website Gizmodo.com ranks the University of Tennessee's football uniforms as the "5th ugliest" in the nation.

Under the headline "The 17 Worst College Football Uniform Designs, Ranked," UT's uniforms are described as "A jersey shouldn't make you feel like a cab." The photo displayed with the explanation is from the video game 2013 NCAA Football.

Gizmodo goes on to rank Maryland as the worst uniformed team in the nation.

Read the entire article here.

bUTch__please writes:

If that's the worst news of the year, so be it.

johndavid writes:

Might depend on which player is wearing it?

bUTch__please writes:

in response to johndavid:

Might depend on which player is wearing it?

So...Mcullers is The Bus?

bUTch__please writes:

McCullers...Mr. proof read here.

gc_scvol writes:

so, some bunch of yahoos base their opinion of our uniforms on what they see on a video game. They really need to get out more. I am concerned with the way the team appears, not the uniforms.

vut5686#1405392 writes:

How stupid? And not even from real pictures, of current uniforms.

Personally, if they win, don't much care what they wear. However, our classic Orange and White trumps all those shades of red or black and gold. We are more unique, in a classy way, than most of those other same-as.

underthehill writes:

My first thought was UT is Orange and White and always should be..after much thought (my wife likes them) I decided I really don't care..but I was talking with another senior citizen ..a long time UT fan..who was so irate his face got red and he raved about how bama don't need gimmicks to recruit and win..I don't see him changing his mind..maybe his wife don't like em either...

How ironic is it that the article was referring to UT's "traditional" uniforms rather than the gray ones that had so many fans so exercised? I would simply say that, 1) football isn't really a fashion show at bottom, and 2) while the Orange may be an acquired taste, it is hard for even the casual college football fan to not recognize Tennessee orange when it appears on their TV screens. As for me, as long as there is a "Power T" on the unis, preferrably in ORANGE, I will know MY guys and root for them, no matter what else they are wearing.

gc_scvol writes:

in response to johnlg00:

wigmeister writes:

Love orange!

gc_scvol writes:

Just checked out this popular web site that I had never heard of and it absolutely amazing that this site even even exists. Don't go throwing the word popular around unless you research it first./

h8FLORIDA writes:

Who cares what Gizmodo says. I bleed orange. Either you're a Vol, or you're against the Big Orange Nation. Go Vols. Kick some butt this year and let's start turning this program around again.