Govols247: Tennessee commit Domnique Booth opens up recruitment

Dominique Booth

Photo by govols247

Dominique Booth

Indianapolis (Ind.) Pike receiver Dominique Booth notified 247Sports that he has opened his recruitment and is no longer committed.

The nation’s No. 34 receiver according to the 247Sports Composite ratings had been publically pledged to the Vols going back to July 19.

Continue reading at govols247.

Free access lists from govols247

247Sports Composite: Tennessee's 2014 Commitments

Crystal Ball Predictions: 2014 Tennessee Commitments

2014 Football Top Tennessee Recruits

247Sports Composite: Tennessee's 2015 Commitments

Crystal Ball Predictions: 2015 Tennessee Commitments

247Sports Composite: Tennessee's 2016 Commitments

247Sports Composite Rankings for 2013

247Sports Composite Rankings for 2014

247Sports Composite: Rankings for 2015

A look back at 2013

247Sports Composite: Tennessee's 2013 Commitments

247Sports Composite: 2013 rankings

GerryOP writes:

I've always worried about this kid.

Dickattrade writes:

Does this mean Josh Malone is on his way here?

gc_scvol writes:

Could be that he sees more competition on the way and wants to see who is still interested.

utfans#211352 writes:

We sure need some receivers. Hope the qb situation does not scare them off.

Snapshot writes:

in response to Dickattrade:

Does this mean Josh Malone is on his way here?

Hopefully, yes. We need to keep these elite instate players at home.

johndavid writes:

This was Butch's decision. Once we count all we can toward last years class I don't see how it matters if he is an early qualifier or not. I guess he does not want to grayshirt. Cannot get to a bowl and cannot take 4 star at a position of need. Strange world. Thanks SEC FOR the scholarship limit rule. I hope we pick the right 4 stars to take!

oldster writes:

I cannot believe that Jones would run off a 4 star at a position of need in order to comply with scholarship limits. Of course, all positions are positions of need, so I cannot see Jones running off any 4 star player unless there are issues with character. Since I have not heard anything adverse about this kid's character, I have to believe that the action was his decision.

pingkr62 writes:

I doubt CBJ had anything to do with this. I'm sure this won't be the only commitment that takes another look. The nature of the beast.

WaitUntilNextYear writes:

He wants to go to a winning program. Not a wing and a prayer.
For you morons that chant SEC SEC SEC! Guess what if these players can start at an SEC BCS Bowl team or just an SEC winning program they are going. Why come to a loser with a dream to be competitive again and get to a bowl game. How could you be a Tennessee fan but hope the SEC puts three teams in the BCS. You are recruiting against these teams. Figure it out, Butch has to recruit 50 to sign 25 when your program is in the cellar.
How could any UT fan pull for Bama, Auburn, or Mizzou after they embarrassed you especially at home.
Idiots, Hamilton fired the one man that made the Vols legitimate and set the path of insignificant. Next year will be worse. 3-9!

oldster writes:

in response to WaitUntilNextYear:

He wants to go to a winning program. Not a wing and a prayer.

I agree. The only way UT will ever be relevant in football again is to follow the path of Ohio State - downgrade the opposition. Leave the SEC, join the Big 10, Sunbelt or another of those lesser conferences and play a bunch of nobodies the entire year.

BTW: What would UT's record have been with OSU's schedule?

johndavid writes:

in response to oldster:

Does Jones have to comply with scholarship limits?

He didn't run him off he told him his scholarship would not be available as soon as he originally thought!

Do you believe all 4 guys on the locker room ? They said he wasn't a priority anymore based on talent, but that was after I POSTED. I read 2 articles and it was odvious that it wasn't your normal decommit.

johndavid writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Who is he not going to take? Why is he still recruiting guys if he is so happy with his already over the limit class? Everybody cannot come and this guy was let go. He doesn't think Booth is as good as a couple of WRS we have coming and tough choices have to be made.