Lady Vols among top 2014 prospect A'ja Wilson's four finalists

A’ja Wilson

A’ja Wilson

A’ja Wilson, who’s rated the top recruit in the Class of 2014 by ESPN HoopGurlz and the All-Star Girls Report, has narrowed her list to four schools.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

Get Copyright Permissions © 2013, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

Would the LVs ever be LOADED for the next several years in the front court if they can get Wilson or WHAT? With Wilson being from Columbia, you can bet Dawn Staley has been in her ear ever since she took over at USCe. UNC is just a couple hour's drive away for her home folks. UConn is, well, UConn, and they need a replacement for Dolson. It would be a major coup for Holly if she can land this particular "big fish", but I'm afraid I'm not holding my breath.

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

I just got back from Vegas about 45 minutes ago and I would hate to bet on this one, but just like sitting in front of a video poker machine, I'M ALWAYS HOPING !!! 4 to 1 odds is the best I've seen all week.

vol4life1983 writes:

if that's the option UConn gave her in replacing dolson then they don't have a chance. She has made it very clear she don't want to be a back to the basket type player let alone a center.

Slats writes:

She would solidify the chances of a Lady Vol N. C. in the next 2 years!

DroopyDrawers writes:

Come to Tennessee A'ja! We would love to have you as part of the Big Orange Family.

GO LV's.

in response to vol4life1983:

Interesting point. All I would say to that is that Geno has shown himself capable of putting together a champion team with almost any assortment of (high-quality) parts. Much as we Lady Vol fans love to hate him, he clearly has a pitch that has worked on a succession of the better talents in the women's game. He doesn't have to sell Wilson on the prospect of plugging her into Dolson's role. I surely don't think the LVs should give up on trying to get her, and they may well yet succeed, but the odds are daunting.

snowpeapod#263184 writes:

in response to johnlg00:

All Geno has to do to lock her up is use the same technique he used to get Maya Moore. I would still like to know at what extent he went to that got Pat all bent out of shape over. You can bet it wasn't ethical but it seems, at least to the NCAA, that Geno walks on water.

in response to snowpeapod#263184:

I hear you, but there is really no point in going there until something concrete surfaces. It just makes us look jealous and envious. The LVs get enough talent, however they keep doing it, that they should be in the mix every year, as they usually are.

MaxVolFan writes:

She wants to play the 3 which is a very interesting choice by her being so tall. We can give her the 3 position giving we have a center in Russell and a power forward in Harrison and Graves. If we can get a forward with the outside shooting skill like Nkeke Ogunmike we will destroy teams . Yes she will be forced to play center at Uconn, UNC, and SC . Holly has to sell her on the 3 position here. I know from creditable resources that she likes playing that position.

in response to MaxVolFan:

I just hope your argument makes as much sense to her as it does to me! That would be a power-packed lineup for sure.