John Adams: Butch's buzz words resonate beyond football

John Adams
Tennessee football coach Butch Jones   Thursday, Dec. 19, 2013 during his first press conference since the 2013 season ended.   (MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Michael Patrick

Tennessee football coach Butch Jones Thursday, Dec. 19, 2013 during his first press conference since the 2013 season ended. (MICHAEL PATRICK/NEWS SENTINEL)

You only need to check Tennessee’s football commitment list for 2014 to appreciate the impact first-year UT coach Butch Jones has had on the program.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

murrayvol writes:

Good column John. Take comfort in the fact that Dickens got paid by the word.

I've always tended to wince and/or chuckle when a coach leans too heavily on cliches. When Butch speaks, I listen.......and learn.

Plasticman85 writes:

I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes of my morning reading this........

RoadTrip writes:

Adams should be an attorney. Nobody can say more with less content than him.

BankerVol writes:

10 cents per column inch? Adams, your writing may have been worth that when you started out, but you are definitely overpaid if you're making that much now!

underthehill writes:

in response to RoadTrip:

Adams should be an attorney. Nobody can say more with less content than him.

Dick Vitale..I have never heard anyone come close..he makes me thankful for the MUTE button..

writer#358485 writes:

Actually, a pretty positive column from John, one of the few of his I have enjoyed. It was positive about Jones, just as I am very positive about Jones despite the 5-7. The future looks much brighter than it did a year ago anyway.