Govols247: Why Auburn? Lambert tells us

Lambert committed to the Vols last summer, but signed with Auburn.

Photo by 247Sports

Lambert committed to the Vols last summer, but signed with Auburn.

Four-star defensive tackle DaVonte Lambert of Georgia Military College shocked many when he flipped from Tennessee and signed with Auburn on Wednesday. Lambert spoke with Auburn Undercover about his decision.

247Sports: When we talked to you Monday, you didn't really know what you were going to do. You planned to talk things over with your parents. When did you speak to your family and what was that discussion about?

Continue reading at govols247.

JSmith525 writes:

I really don't care WHY? He is not a Vol and since this is a Vol site "WHY" don't you talk to and write about the one's that became Vols. Just a thought!

slb1zellwood#1421797 writes:

in response to JSmith525:

I agree Mr. Smith.
Who gives a hoot about why he changed his mind and I would feel the same way if the situation had been in reverse.

IndianOutlaw writes:

Free world he can go where he wants. He made his choice now he is the enemy on Saturday afternoons so F him. Go Vols

slb1zellwood#1421797 writes:

in response to IndianOutlaw:

A real vol fan who who has the balls to tell it like it is. I salute you Mr. Indian Outlaw.

TNlogfire writes:

Don't want to pay for a stupid article telling why a recruit wanted to go to a cow college.

murrayvol writes:

And just why does this matter now? It's over.

I hope the young man has a great life. And I hope we whip Aubie's butt the next time we play them.

magicbyswh#221420 writes:

The key is Garner has put alot of players in the NFL and he probably told Lambert that he would get him there. Stripling does not have that reputation.
Not only that but Auburn is playing for a National Champ. Great recruiting tool come to a school that plays for Championships or go to a school that can't get to a bowl. I love my Vols but it is what is is.