John Adams: Looking ahead to 2014 predictions

John Adams
John Adams: Looking ahead to 2014 predictions

Photo by Vasha Hunt

With only seven more days left in 2013, it’s time to look ahead to 2014.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

stevefromjasper writes:

November: "Scheduling gaffe has Alabama playing Kentucky twice..." Ha, ha. It wouldn't surprise me if the SEC did it.

This year, Bama had an open date the weeks before the LSU and A&M games. Alabama had Kentucky and Tennessee as opponents in the East, while the only team in the West supposed to challenge them (LSU) got Florida and Georgia. Do you think the SEC did everything they could in the so-called "transition year" to give Bama a shot at a 3rd national championship?

One of the Bama players actually was quoted after the Iron Bowl saying that Auburn had a week off before the game, but Alabama didn't. Yeah, sure - you know who Alabama played the week before the Iron Bowl? Chattanooga.

potterj6#546349 writes:

One thing to expect every holiday season. John Adams ridiculously stupid predictions. These stories every year are almost as bad as the band and it's 12 days of Christmas.

mgryon#440761 writes:

Another lame attempt by JA to write comedy. He has to be the sports editor, no one else would waste this much space in a paper on anything this bad.

gc_scvol writes:

7 minutes of my life I'lll never get back. Yes, 7. Had to read it three times to make sure I didn't miss an actual reason to read it in the first place. I found no reason.

jone8191#247590 writes:

This column made me laugh and Jim Valvono said any day you laugh, think and cry is a good day. This column made me do two of three. My Xmas bills will take care of the cry part. Love the predictions every year John.

murrayvol writes:

in response to jone8191#247590:

You're not fooling us Mrs. Adams.

FatherVol writes: