Cuonzo Martin hopes Christmas break didn't cool Vols' offense

UT regroups after break

Back on the practice floor Saturday afternoon, Tennessee’s basketball team has one item of business left before flipping the calendar to 2014.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

Get Copyright Permissions © 2013, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

TNlogfire writes:

As long as they get the number that gives us the wins...it's gonna be tough...another bad start has put us in the background as far as the NCAA....gut check time..

Snapshot writes:

Turn it up coach. Ninety four foot game, let 'em RUN!

no1djkb#278630 writes:

I was behind coach and I will still root for him but after NC State he has a lot to prove to the fans, especially to you guys in Knoxville who pay good money to go to the games to support him and the players

Sauce writes:

Where has Reese been.....? Another piece of a puzzling team.

fannotsheep writes:

If the offense cools any more it will have to freeze.

One win against inferior competition doesn't change the fact that UT probably has to win 15 conference games or win the SEC tournament to get to the NCAA this year. I see no urgency in the players or the coach. So since they don't seem to care if they lose, why should I?

The sad thing is after 45 years of being a huge UT basketball fan I suddenly don't much care. I guess the idea of Pearl returning is unrealistic and the current brand of Vol basketball (can't bring myself to call this junk "Big Orange" basketball out of respect for the late Ray Mears) is just about unwatchable.

wigmeister writes:

The offense was really never hot. Luke warm at best on their best days. Still rootin for em, but still think the coach is in over his head.

murrayvol writes:

If the Vols don't win this game, they'll need to finish top 3 in the SEC to have an NCAA shot. The conference is down.....way down, and will get no love from the selection committee.

If that doesn't inspire a "sense of urgency", I don't know what will.

bUTch__please writes:

Pummel Virginia and destroy the SEC with the bloodlust of Spartans...or no dance again.

Same song, third verse. Slow, lackluster start. No consistent outside threats, Stokes still trying to figure out how to score when...horrors..he is being guarded..gasp!

I'm beginning to think the "tougher breed" motto is better suited for us fans.

hcspraker#205735 writes:

Virginia is a college team, not a high school team. Another lose for Tennessee.

underthehill writes:

in response to fannotsheep:

If the offense cools any more it will have to freeze.

I am a UT fan of over 50 years ..and I have never felt less don't care if I watch or not ..than now..I still hope this team wins every game..but I am not seeing what I consider to be a well coached team..but I have to admit..I over rated the talent on this team..too much depends on them hitting outside shots..I didn't see that coming..