Isabelle Harrison 'phenomenal,' outscores Lipscomb by herself in second half

Pat Murphy-Racey/associated press

Photo by Patrick Murphy-Racey

Pat Murphy-Racey/associated press Tennessee’s Isabelle Harrison goes up for a layup against Lipscomb on Sunday at Thompson-Boling Arena.

Isabelle Harrison does double-doubles.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

magicbyswh#221420 writes:

Wow aren't these Lady Vols so good they basically played and beat a high school team by 60 points. Lipscomb has no height and no speed. Good job Holly scheduling a high school team. I guess you are feeling real good today. I played some one on one with my 12 year old nephew and I shut him out yesterday. If we continue to play these teams we have a change for a National Championship this year. Maybe we will get a team like this for all the marbles.

Dickattrade writes:

in response to magicbyswh#221420:

Sorry Santa missed your house this year.

Allenfan writes:

in response to magicbyswh#221420:

Thank you, my thoughts exactly. Beat someone with a little talent and I will be convinced. As of now we are not a top four or five team, we would be out coached,and the other team would be better prepared. There is nothing wrong with being in the official's ear, or calling a timely timeout, or letting the girls know during the game what you expect. Stop the patting on the back during the game and be like every other coach, if that doesn't work then there is always a place at the end of the bench. I believe that would do the trick.

JSmith525 writes:

No matter how good or bad things are all some do is b1tch, grip or complain. What a way to waste one's life!

CaptainPicard writes:

Tenn schedules teams like Lipscomb because no one else wants to play the LVs at home. I am not as negative as some of the posted comments. However, this game did nothing to test the glaring lack of post defense for the LVs. Hopefully, the LSU game will test them.

jmtellico#1438721 writes:

You compainers are something. Every school playes games like this so what you do is enjoy the game and look forward to tough competition. UT is a good team but because of too many turnovers and poor shooting they are not a match for the UConn level of play.

CaptainPicard writes:

in response to jmtellico#1438721:

I believe that defense, especially in the post, separates TN from UCONN. UCONN held Chiney O. to 16 points and defeated Stanford 76-55. TN allowed Chiney to score 32 points and lost to Stanford 76-70.

As I said at more length on another thread, it is not what the LVs did to Lipscomb, it was HOW they did it--as they did not against Stanford--that was the lesson in this game. They did all the things right against Lipscomb that they did wrong against Stanford. If it becomes habit that they play all aspects of the game correctly, they will play better, no matter who the opponent is. By succeeding at the things they were trying to do, they were hopefully learning that the difference in the results depends as much on what you are trying to do as what you actually do. Then you can do those things against any opponent, and you will have a shot to win the game even if everybody's shot ISN'T falling.