Virginia's slow-down style will try to stall Vols' offense

Virginia tries to slow down game

Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin calls to players from the sideline during the second half at the Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville on Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013. Tennessee lost to North Carolina State 65-58. (ADAM LAU/NEWS SENTINEL)

Photo by Adam Lau

College basketball teams tend to fear the hangover effect that often accompanies games in late December.

Current Subscribers - Activate Now

Activate Now

New Subscribers - Subscribe Now

Want to keep reading?

grumpyman writes:

How could they be slower then Tn?

bige141#1433363 writes:

This one could be painful to watch

bUTch__please writes:

Hey.... they let other teams score an average of 54 points....MONEY!!!

Wow...and they allow 37% from the field....we be rollin' in offense tonight.

maciste54 writes:

I predict ugly followed by more ugly.

no1djkb#278630 writes:

I just hope they change my thinking. I was all about this team cracking the top 25 this year now I just want them to play good basketball. Right now I just see a team that has no direction. I like Coach Martin, I wish we could do better

wigmeister writes:

Except for a big "don't you even think of coming in here" center, you would think we have some decent talent. They're not living up to their hype is a coaching problem. Our coaches may be nice, but in over their heads.