- 31 days: The Vols' recruiting plan
- Butch Jones' staff flips eight players in all
- Signing Day 2013: Butch Jones is still recruiting
- Butch Jones talks about selling the UT brand to recruits and parents
- Signing Day 2013: Butch Jones on the Vols' new quarterbacks
- Butch Jones' opening statements on Signing Day 2013
Barely two months into his Tennessee tenure, Butch Jones is getting a crash course on life in the SEC.
As national signing day dawns, Jones has secured a list of verbal commitments that ranks No. 24 in the nation, according to Rivals.com.
That’s the good news.
The bad news: UT’s class ranks just 11th in the SEC.
You’re judged by the company you keep, and the Vols are running in fast company. Seven SEC schools rank in the top 12 on Rivals’ list. It is an embarrassment of riches, but nobody in the SEC is apologizing. In this conference, you recruit great classes year after year or you fall behind.